3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

dgramie 03-04-2012 09:25 AM

I agree with whoever said we need to stop beating ourselves up for a regain. Its just so hard to keep the motivation this time around.

ANewCreation 03-04-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkyDove (Post 4238260)
I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago and began to regain it back when I had to take off work to take care of my husband who had been disabled in an auto accident then began going through my 3rd and later my 4th round with breast cancer. I am finding it VERY hard to get started again. I think because I remember how darn hard it was the first time. I work full time, go to school full time, and just can't seemt ot find the time or energy to get that start and keep it going. any suggestions?:?:

Girl, you have been through a lot and my heart goes out to you and your hubby. I often think of something my swim instructor said and I hope it give you some hope--be kind to your self. She would tell us that when we were struggling to finish a lap, meaning it was okay to slow down, take time to get an extra breath in, then resume swimming. It didn't mean to full on stop, just take an extra breath. Anyway....

May I suggest being kind to yourself? Take a moment to catch your breath? I think being here is that moment for you.

What are some of the automatic behaviors you can recall working for you? Start there. You'll fall back into those 'old' good habits in no time.

As far as exercise goes, what did you love to do? Can you carve out some time for that? If you can't, then incorporating intentional movement through out the day really adds up. Parking further away from the store or work, taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walking to someone one's office instead of sending an email. Making two trips up and down the stairs at home instead of one (when carrying laundry for example). Even little things like skipping the automatic door at the grocery store and pushing a door open. If you don't have a lot to buy at the store skip the cart or just use the small basket you can carry.

Slip back into this any way you want and then build on it. It will do you good and be far less overwhelming, I promise.

We're all in this together!

ANewCreation 03-04-2012 10:50 AM

dgramie, I understand. I sometimes catch myself grumbling that I've worked so hard and given up so much for one lousy pound or two. And then it gets even more depressing to think this is the way I get to live my life forever....but then I mentally smack myself ;) and remember how much better I felt at an obese weight of 183 and then I start to feel better. Sending hugs your way :)

I'm changing my weigh in day to Sunday because week day mornings are hectic. So today, I am down one pound! Woohoo!

Off to change my ticker ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-04-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

... then incorporating intentional movement through out the day really adds up. Parking further away from the store or work, taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walking to someone one's office instead of sending an email. Making two trips up and down the stairs at home instead of one (when carrying laundry for example). Even little things like skipping the automatic door at the grocery store and pushing a door open. If you don't have a lot to buy at the store skip the cart or just use the small basket you can carry.

NEW CREATION ~ great tips there -- I would add walking the perimeter of the store before going to the cash (I do that all the time); when talking on the phone, walk around instead of sitting; take walk breaks during commercials or every 30-60 minutes when on the PC (just get up and walk around for a few minutes); walk to a corner store for pick-ups; walk your dog or cat; spread housechores out over the week (evenings) & Saturday for exercise. I even hang my laundry for freshness and exercise and to save $$$. It all adds up over time; burning more energy ... :D

:welcome: JESSICA ~ you have had a lot of stressors going on in your life too (all those changes). Good for you for "grabbing the bull by the horn", so2speak ... :hug:

We have lovely :sunny: here today; temps are colder, but they will warm up again next week. Well, we had leftover pasta (I had in the freezer) with salad (for me) last night; tonight we will have the fish and salad (DH will have his baked tators instead).

SilkyDove 03-04-2012 02:56 PM

Thank you

Thank you so much! My husband tells me the same thing, to be nice to myself. After reading your response, I began to think about things I used to do without thought. I really love your suggestion of getting up during commercials and putting the laptop down and moving. I really do NOT want to use diet pills (can't really afford them and they only work while you take them) I want long term changes not short term. We have a small tract of land that we just bought behind us and I am thinking I might go out back on weekends and begin working on a small garden. I have to clear a patch first, which will be a good start.

You are all amazing and I am very thankful to have found you.:goodvibes

patchworkpenguin 03-04-2012 09:28 PM

We had a nice time with my parents; Hubby and Dad did that male bonding thing {involving computers and cars} while Mom and I took a walk around the neighborhood.

I found Leslie Sansone's new 5 Day workout at Target for $13. Its not supposed to be released until the end of March, so I was excited.

Dove, I like your comment about wanting long term change. I regained because I didn't understand about maintainence so I gradually went back to old habits, then I went into Denial! ACK!

Caroline, I'm interested in trying to grill pineapple.

Jessica, welcome glad to have you join us.

GirlyGirlSebas 03-04-2012 11:48 PM

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I finally decided to sign back onto 3FC and get accountable again and I discover this thread. I feel like it's a reunion and I've found my family again. If you all don't mind, I would love to start posting with you all on a daily bases. After many months of being off-plan, I shot back up to 3 lbs from my highest. Last Monday, I jumped back on the wagon again. I'm doing Medifast and I've also picked up a book and workbook that will help me to re-teach my brain how to think about food. I really thought I would have mastered this by now, but I'm a hard sell. LOL And, I keep trying. As long as I keep trying, there is hope.

konfyoozed 03-05-2012 12:25 AM

hey rhonda! i remember you from before... :)

good job jumping back into things. i'm working my way back down from a 30lb regain over the grouping of holidays that *always* kills me (birthday-halloween-thanksgiving-christmas-new years) the time in between each one of those is filled with celebrations of the following event. plus lots and lots of travel. something different i'm doing: i've decided to incorporate weight training to my plan this time.

i've been out of the gym since wednesday and i'm feeling twitchy. that's never happened before! i used to hate going to the gym, now i feel weird when i *don't* go to the gym for more than a day. it's been a super fun weekend, the blast off of spring break for my hubby. so we went to a cook out friday night with a bunch of folks, then we went out to dinner last night with a couple we're friends with, today we hung out with another friend of ours for most of the day, and there was lots of bad food choices made. though i can't feel bad about them because of all the fun we had in the process.

back to business tomorrow. gonna get back into things with a double-workout day!

kmac1196 03-05-2012 06:17 AM

Morning ladies! I hope we are all feeling better about ourselves! This is a new week! New beginnings to make it happen! I had a great week last week and making this one great, too.

Want to hear something absurd?? I have a friend who is rather negative. I've learned to deal most of the time but sometimes...ugh. Anyway, she wants to start a diet and drop some weight. Good for her. She's not hugely overweight...maybe 35 or so lbs. Anyway, she says," I don't want to be one of those people saying that they are going to lose weight and never doing it. Always on a diet and never changing. I hate that." Ummm....hello.....I'm sitting right here! LOL! So I say, "well, I admire people who keep getting up...not giving up, try different things to see what will fit with them. At least they try. Oh, and by the way...that's me." She felt bad after she said it because she never means to hurt my feelings. LOL! Absurd that people think that you have to succeed the first time out of the box or give up! So.....my motto for this time around...

If at first you don't succeed.....try, try, again!!!!!

dgramie 03-05-2012 06:41 AM

lets have a great week everyone!

thistoo 03-05-2012 06:46 AM

Rhonda, welcome back. :) Ubergirl started this group, if you remember her, but she's since disappeared again. We are still carrying the banner for whenever she returns, though!

Penguin, grilled pineapple is delicious. It brings out the sweetness like you wouldn't believe. It's really good on vanilla ice cream, not that I am advocating that sort of behavior. :D

Kristen, I have a problem with all or nothing thinking like your friend (though I try to remember who I'm talking to before I start complaining!) so I understand where she's coming from, but you're right. I have to remind myself constantly that it's the effort long-term that makes the difference, and not whether or not I can be perfect 100% of the time. That's hard for me, for some reason. I don't think of myself as a perfectionist, but I suppose that would explain why I never get anything done.

I worry someday I'll be like one of those people on Hoarders, trapped by my own indecision. Though every time I watch that show I start cleaning my house maniacally, so maybe I'll be okay. ;)

It's Monday! I am glad this less-than-stellar weekend is over, but it's stormy out this morning and the thought of going to work is not that appealing. Monday's our busiest day, though, so I have to go in. Oh well, at least it'll go quickly. Have a great day, everyone! If you're in the middle of all this winter weather, stay safe.

GirlyGirlSebas 03-05-2012 08:37 AM

Good morning, Friends!

Mandy - I remember you, too! I always had a good experience when I did weight training. My body always looked better despite the number on the scales.

Kristen - Perfection is vastly over-rated. :D Your friend's mentality was my mentality for years. I was either strictly dieting or bingeing.

Caroline - Stay safe. The weather has been wacky this year. We had tornadoes in our area on Friday.

Well, today is restart weigh-in #1. I lost 3.6 pounds. I'm happy that the scales are going down, but I must be honest. I thought I'd see a bit of a bigger lost for week #1 because of water weight or something. At least, this is what has always happened in the past. I was 100% on-plan. I guess I just need to keep trusting the plan, huh?

Have a great on-plan day.

mahtha 03-05-2012 09:46 AM

Good morning, everyone. Welcome to all the new reloser family members! I was away for a couple of days and feel like I missed so much...

The scale finally moved for me. I was hoping for a big woosh since it's been a few weeks, but I'll take the 2.2 lbs I got. As frustrating as it's been not to have the scale moving each and every week, I never once considered giving up this time. Planning my meals more carefully, watching my portions and worrying about activity a little more have really made me realize how sloppy I had become with my eating habits and that's just not a life I want to live. I'm quietly determined to make better choices each and every day. Strangely, I can remember one single time I've found myself hungry during the past month and only one time I really had a case of the munchies. I don't feel deprived at all and that gives me confidence that I can do this long term rather than thinking about in in terms of sprints where I'd go all out and need a "rest" in between.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

patchworkpenguin 03-05-2012 11:03 AM

Nothing exciting to report yet. I got a migraine last night {or at least a bad headache} so I slept later this morning and didn't start the bread process. I need a bread break anyway. The son of one of Hubby's friends is in school to be a gunsmith, he told Hubby that if he ever needed anything done he would 'work for my homemade bread'. Hey, I always appreciate the barter system!

Laundry and cardio for later.

Mahtha, glad to hear you had a loss! I hear you on the sprints and rests. I guess that's the 'all or nothing' approach also.

Rhonda, welcome, glad to have you re-join us. I recognize your name but I don't think we shared a group.

Caroline, I'm 'late to the party' regarding Hoarders, I didn't start watching until a few months ago, but to have the tendency to collect things {Hubby and I both do:o}. So everytime I watch a show I end up cleaning something, also.

Kristen, Its possible that your friend sees you differently than you see yourself, that she sees the positive in you that keeps trying.

Mandy, way to go on your gym habit! Its always helpful when you can't wait to go back rather than dread your workouts.:D

myhaloisintheshop 03-05-2012 12:28 PM

I hope you all don't mind me jumping in as well. Im finally on track again. Dr prescribed Bontril for a month so I can get into a routine of diet and excercise. I still have such a nagging sweet tooth and it seems 10x harder this time around.

I did have a good weekend though. We went out for mexican food yesterday and I ordered fajitas with no oil---they actually understood what I meant--normally they don't "get" it and add a bit just not as much as normal. Anyway--I didn't feel as guilty as I thought I would. I stuck to my plan and didn't see a gain this morning from the sodium.

konfyoozed 03-05-2012 02:10 PM

good afternoon everyone and happy monday!

just wanted to pop in and post before my food and exercise time. i got 5 miles with leslie queued up, as well as a nice healthy-ish lunch (turkey and ham with lettuce, spinach, onions, and green peppers on a high fiber, whole wheat wrap).

also, my cats are like "pfft, you silly christians, tom cruise is cooler" and i think they are plotting a move to hollywood:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7069/6...5bd0758d2f.jpg

Slashnl 03-05-2012 02:30 PM

Hi all! And Rhonda... Hi again! I rejoined about a week before you did! I wish there was an answer to why we are such slow learners!

I also remember ubergirl. I'm sorry to hear she has gone away for now. Maybe she'll be back soon.

I meant to get on the scale this morning. I wonder if my subconscious mind made me "forget". I hate it when my kids tell me they forget to do their chores or whatever. And here I am... conveniently forgetting to weigh in. Not a good excuse.

Hope everyone is having a good week! I hope to get more consistent in coming here, too.

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-05-2012 02:58 PM

:welcome: Back, MY HALO & RHONDA ~ glad you found us over here. Both of you have had a good start this past week; keep it up, and come back often ... :D

SUE ~ so nice to see a loss again ... :carrot:

SILKYDOVE ~ gardening is another great activity to burn off calories and grow some healthy food too. I have gardened most of my life; and luv it.

KRISTEN ~ your friend may not have been referring to you at all, but sometimes it is hard not to internalize some of the careless comments people make about others ... :hug:

MANDY ~ those holidays used to be a big problem for me too, until I made some changes. For my birthday, I still have a nice dinner, but just pick something that is more healthy -- on my 50th birthday, DH and I split an entree rack of ribs; we each had a medium baked potato and I had a salad on the side. I still stayed within my daily calories; and was too full for dessert.

We celebrated Thanksgiving with turkey, and lots of veggies, etc. I still have a serving of dressing and mash/gravy, but plan for it too. We have nixed the Halloween junk altogether; and don't miss it either. Last Christmas was the best ever; I made 3 healthier treats (all healthy & low-cal) and served lots of healthy stuff too. Day after Christmas, back on plan. For Easter last year, I bought DH and I each one small peanut butter egg; had it as one of my snacks and still stayed on plan. The key thing is to plan ahead ... :D

We have lovely :sunny: here again today; so nice -- can't wait for spring. Eating and exercise are going good this month too. Have a wonderful week everyone ... :dancer:

patchworkpenguin 03-05-2012 04:23 PM

I did 3 miles from Leslie's Ultimate 5 Day; Red, Green, and Purple miles {named according to the backgrounders shirt color}, abs and stretch ~ 50min. Nothing revolutionary here but I thought it was fun, Leslie fans will be happy. I don't usually pay a lot of attention to the music but I thought it was all new {was that Barry White in the green mile?:D}. New to me moves were grapevine with a kickback, arms 'up, side, DOWN, and side', and the 'mambo combo' {front, back, side, back}. No jogging in those 3 miles, but the green mile started out in a grapvine after a few walks to catch the beat. I was surprised there was no cooldown before we hit the floor for the abs {my HR was 130}, but the CD played after the stretch?? Abs wasn't very hard {to me} we did bent knee lifts, crunches, half a Pilates hundred, and some bike, I thought it could have been longer. The stretch is preformed on the back, I wasn't thrilled with this one either, 'hug the knee' both sides, lay bent knees to each side, arms overhead with feet flexed, arms out to side than raised over chest, back to hug/knee, then to straight leg for hamstrings, flex foot.

Mandy, when the kitties start reading, let me know!

My Halo, welcome glad to have you join us.

ANewCreation 03-05-2012 05:40 PM

I am popping in to welcome all the newbies! So glad to see this thread thriving!!!

I did not sleep well last night and today the grandbaby was uber-cranky. But, got in a good 30 minute walk this morning. Didn't get lunch until late this afternoon. Dinner is in the crockpot (swiss steak). Hubs will pop in for dinner and then he's back out for an evening work meeting. I think I will go to bed early tonight!

Discovered a low fat ground chicken that I really like and at 120c for 4 oz it's a lot better than ground beef (calorie wise). Used it to make a taco salad for myself last night--yummy! I really like the coarse grind, it cooks up almost like a chicken tender. I'm thinking it would make a great burger!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Elladorine 03-05-2012 06:31 PM

My dryer went on the fritz today, rather annoying as my only comfy jeans were still wet and I needed to head to the store. So I timidly reached for some jeans I hadn't worn since January since they cut into my stomach too much and actually hurt. They fit me ok now! Can't say they're loose or anything nor has the scale really changed, but I've been firing things up this week so I figure it's a good sign.

konfyoozed 03-06-2012 12:07 AM

feeling much much better since hitting the gym for the first time since wednesday night! well, with the exception of my hands which feel like hamburger. i think i need to get lifting gloves.

Jessica88 03-06-2012 01:52 AM

Finally got back to the gym today! I got about an hour of cardio in and then did some weights so I feel a lot better! I tried running yesterday but my pants kept sliding down so I couldn't run too much, kinda embarrassing. I also ate really healthy all day so I'm really proud of myself!

I am still super scared to step on the scale and see the number. I don't know when I will feel confident enough to do it again. I want to be able to track my progress but im terrified of it. Any suggestions?:?:

mahtha 03-06-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica88 (Post 4242537)
I am still super scared to step on the scale and see the number. I don't know when I will feel confident enough to do it again. I want to be able to track my progress but im terrified of it. Any suggestions?:?:

Just do it! The revist is never pretty, but you're already headed back in the right direction. Step on, take note, forgive your lapse, and keep on moving! I was in the same boat for a while and the denial really sunk me. Good or bad, I'm holding myself accountable to the scale going forward.

Sirenity, CONGRATULATIONS! Getting back into old jeans is a big deal.

Mandy, Penguin, thistoo and 2B, I'm envious of the level of energy you guys always have. I'm trying to incorporate more exercise into my schedule, but I'm really finding it tough to make the time every day.

Slashnl, GirlyGirlSebas, and myhaloisintheshop, welcome! You've found a fantastic group here. We're going to have to created a relost group when we've all reached goal so we can still hang out and say hello :)

I had an interesting conversation at dinner last night with my D21 who is home from college on spring break. Like mom she has some weight to lose, so she and a roommate have been counting calories. She's frustrated by how slow her progress has been and last night I learned why. They have been going out every Friday night having a few beers followed by midnight pizza runs. No big deal, right? Pizza and beer are perfectly fine. Except that they decided that "going out nights don't count" when counting calories! HUH? I guess they thought there were magic fairies that sucked up all the calories as long as they were out somewhere. Followed by the morning after bagels and creamcheese, I'm pretty sure I know why calorie counting isn't working! I joked with her about the fairies, but I think her telling me the story out loud made her realize that there are no free passes. If she really wants to lose weight, EVERYTHING COUNTS. I didn't lecture, I didn't even advise. I'm going to continue to do my thing and just lead by example.

thistoo 03-06-2012 10:46 AM

Thanks, mahtha, but I don't feel like I have much energy lately. I'm trying to keep up with my workouts, but I have been dragging since Saturday and I can't seem to shake this funk I've fallen into. It's probably not helping that my weight loss is at a stand-still this week, but I am just feeling really down lately and I can't explain why.

Regardless of all that, I'm sticking with my plan because I know it will work if I am consistent. Today I'm really sore from a combination of too much cardio (my hip flexors are killing me!) and yesterday's upper body lifting routine. Later tonight I'll ride the spin bike for awhile and try to loosen things up.

Jessica, mahtha's right. You just have to get it over with. Once you get on the scale and know where you are, the fear will be gone and you'll have something to work with. It probably won't even be as bad as you're expecting, so the best thing to do is just go for it.

Sirenity, congratulations on the jeans! I hope to follow your example soon.

I am going to take my crazy mood swings and find something productive to do with my time. There's a repairman coming to look at my window today, so at least that's one thing taken care of. Finding the money to pay for it is another story altogether, but one crisis at a time is about all I can handle at the moment.

patchworkpenguin 03-06-2012 10:57 AM

Mahtha, sometimes just saying something out loud is what it takes to realize how 'wrong' it is. I was talking to my mom on the phone once about my diet and 'how I have to have chocolate each day to be happy...' Then I realized how stupid that sounded and was able to change my perspective. Like you she didn't have to say anything, I realized on my own. I don't have a set time to workout, because for me each day is different, some days I exercise in the mid morning and sometimes its right before bed. Chopping one long workout into two shorter workouts still 'counts' and they are easier to fit in a busy day.

Jessica, go ahead, weigh and get it over with. Sometimes the dread is much worse than the reality. ;)

Mandy, if you get gloves be sure to get the ones with the 'suede leather' pads, they work a lot better.

Sirenity, great job on the jeans! wohoo! but sorry to hear about your dryer.

NewCreation, i hope you and GB both slept better last night.

Cleaning house this AM. Cardio for later.

mahtha 03-06-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thistoo (Post 4242879)
I can't seem to shake this funk I've fallen into. It's probably not helping that my weight loss is at a stand-still this week, but I am just feeling really down lately and I can't explain why.

Regardless of all that, I'm sticking with my plan because I know it will work if I am consistent.

:hug: to you. This was me last week. I kept up with this thread, but didn't post much because I was finding it hard to be positive.
I did stay on plan and was rewarded. Now if only my husband would come from from this 3+ week business trip...

Slashnl 03-06-2012 11:48 AM

Well, not doing so great yet. I had to go take my son to his orthodontist appt, so no gym this morning. Again. Keep trying.... It seems like it is so easy to get off track on the slightest glitch in the schedule. Sounds like everyone else is having ups and downs too. Who said weight loss was easy?? Ha!

Mahtha, my husband was gone a lot this past summer and fall. It is really hard to have them gone so long when you are used to having them around. I hope he gets home soon! It can really mess with your outlook.

Hang in there everyone!

Jessica88 03-06-2012 03:31 PM

Thanks everyone for the motivation to get back on the scale, I did it this morning and was not very happy. I am up to 178.6 :( But now I know where I am and am going to continue trying my hardest to lose the rest of this weight. I did some Pilates this morning and am planning on going to the gym later this evening.

Mahtha- I definitely understand what your daughter is going through because thats what I have been doing for the past couple of months, its so hard, especially while you are in college and around your friends to eat healthy all the time and one cheat day usually turns into multiple cheat days.

patchworkpenguin 03-06-2012 03:31 PM

While waiting for my bath/kitchen floor to dry I did the rest of the new Leslie. Today I did Blue, Arms {just to see if the program would let me}, Yellow, Chest/Back, and Stretch ~40min. Once again the CD appeared after the stretch! First, there's no jogging at all:(. Things of note in the Blue, Tina sings 'Proud Mary' and we do jumprope and jacks! Prances and half jacks would work as a modification but the segment isn't long. Arms consists of hammer curls and 2 sets of French Press {I used 8's}, Yellow was pretty basic Leslie. Chest/Back involved 2 alternating sets of knees pushups and bird-dog. Then the stretch.

Jessica, better to know than to imagine worse.

Diane, can you fit something else in later? Maybe playing with your son, assuming he didn't get his braces tightened. Been there, done that, no fun!

Mahtha, I find the more time I spend here the better I am at staying on track. Misery loves company? maybe more like 'if we all stick together" it seems easier.

GirlyGirlSebas 03-06-2012 04:23 PM

Hi Friends! Doing a drive-by post. Woke up a bit later than usual today. Auditing all day, then HOA meeting here tonight. At some point, I'll have to find time for my dinner.

Hope you guys are having an awesome on-plan day!

mahtha 03-06-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 4243272)
Mahtha, I find the more time I spend here the better I am at staying on track. Misery loves company? maybe more like 'if we all stick together" it seems easier.

B! It helps tremedously to know there are others here who truly get it. Our efforts can be so easily derailed by a couple of bad decisions and the shame that follows falling off the wagon AGAIN. Like-minded people have enough experience to know this sh!t happens, you just have to dust yourself off and keep on goin'. That kind of encouragement (and the general kindness of this group) is what keeps me checking in here.

konfyoozed 03-06-2012 07:12 PM

mahtha, my energy level has built up over the course of the year i've been working with my weight loss. it's one of the most positive things i've taken away from this journey. even with the regain!

kmac1196 03-07-2012 06:34 AM

Morning ladies! Still on track here and feeling good. TOM is due Friday so my first week on FF (sunday weigh in) was less than stellar (4 lb loss). I wanted more. Wah! Anyway...expecting a similar loss Sunday, then I'll feel a bit better. Losing inces though. Going to xmas tree shop today with my mother and sister today. Always has us going out to eat...It's so hard to do this and go out to eat! Hoping they don't want to ! LOL I'll figure it out. Anyway....Sue...I'm from MA, too...what part are you in? I'm near the Cape.
Hope everyone has a great day!!!

mahtha 03-07-2012 09:18 AM

Good morning everyone!:wave:

Stayed OP yesterday with food and water, but didn't get my exercise in as planned. I struggled with the munchies yesterday afternoon and am grateful those days are now few and far between.

Kristen, I knew you were close when I read that you were going to Christmas Tree Shop today! I'm out near Concord.

konfyoozed 03-07-2012 12:27 PM

i am scared that the onset of allergy symptoms has aggravated my upper respiratory system. not only am i congested in the head, i'm coughing up, what feels like, chunks of lung! didn't go to the gym last night, hoping it's settled enough for us to go tonight. :(

on a more positive note, it's weigh in day and i've got a good feeling i'll be seeing a lower number on the scale today. *fingers crossed*

hope everyone has a great day!

patchworkpenguin 03-07-2012 01:06 PM

Cardio and lower body for later. Its supposed to get to 71* today but it doesn't look likely. overcast windy, and chilly is a better description.

I weighed today. I'm down 2 lbs but this puts me back to what I have posted. So no excitement of a new loss. I did get asked if I lost weight today. Yay!

Mandy, hope you feel better soon.

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-07-2012 03:07 PM

My -- just miss a day here and 2 pages fly by ... but that's OK! I fell asleep last evening while reading; but must have needed it, as my DH likes to say.

Well, I had one of those days yesteday that felt like I was starving; I was a bit low on my calories so had a bigger evening snack. I was still hungry when I woke up today, so I had a bit bigger BF and lunch. I had some soup with my veggie pita pizza for lunch and that helped a lot. We had chicken pieces in BBQ sauce and veggies for dinner last night; and tonight is pasta night, so that will help me feel fuller too.

SUE ~ I have good days and not-so-good ones too; just like every one else. After we moved into our new house last August, I took it easier for awhile to rest my sore, tired legs & feet (I was worn out from all the packing, moving, and then unpacking -- most of which I did myself). I have chosen an exercise plan to match my physical challenges, but I do have to be careful not to over-do it (gotta watch those old injuries).

I do toning exercises upon waking that are pretty easy actually; I do them from 10-20 minutes (they go faster now). I can also move them to the evening if something gets in the way. I do my hand-weights while reading here; and some dancing in the evening to bouncy music 2-3 times a week --all fun stuff for me. I do think that I have more free time than some of you do so don't be too hard on yourselves.

MANDY ~ wow, that's a bad case; hope you feel better fast ...

KRISTEN ~ 4 lbs is an awesome loss in just one week! Wow, buying Christmas Trees in March; are they going to be planted? Oh, I suppose that must be so ... ;)

It felt like spring here today; got up to 55 F with the :sunny: out, but now some clouds have rolled in, it's about 53 F -- and everything is melting out there. We have huge puddles in the roads and the birdies are all taking baths. :lol:

Have a wonderful Wednesday ... :flow1:

konfyoozed 03-07-2012 03:08 PM

well. i saw a lower number on the scale today... a whopping 0.7 pounds... not even a full pound. :(

guess i can't fuss too much, considering i think i only went to the gym 2 times in between weigh ins, and had a crazy off plan weekend...

mahtha 03-07-2012 03:53 PM

I've really struggled at the scale over the past few weeks BUT...
The last 2 days I've noticed my figure is trying to peek out! :cheer2: I've always had a small ribcage and waist compared with my hips and especially my thighs. Since it's been so cold I've been dressing in layers and hiding my shape, but these past few days I've noticed when I'm only wearing a cami on top I can see the beginnings of definition again.

I've decided I'm going to stay in layers as long as possible and come spring I'll don something more form-fitted and watch the reaction.:devil: