3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

mahtha 02-29-2012 12:14 PM

I'm still eating well and still struggling with the scale. I'm not eating all my points each day, but I'm not hungry enough to eat more. <sigh> this was so much more straightforward last time I did it.

Got in workout #1 carrying the Gazelle up two flights of stairs. Workout #2 was 30 minutes in front of the tv. I have no idea what I'm going to do when hubby gets home from this trip and I have to move the machine out of the bedroom, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. In the meantime I can watch tv for an hour while huffing and puffing and not have to worry about the weather outside.

I don't have time for personals, but I 'll remind all of you that YOU INSPIRE ME and I'm very grateful for that.

ANewCreation 02-29-2012 12:25 PM

Hello gang! The baby is with daddy today (his day off) and I've just got the preschooler. Rare opportunity to get online as the preschooler is in the tub and that's directly across from my office. I can watch/hear him while I pop in!

Anyway, I'm still on plan. No time to post calories, menus, etc but I did want to share that after reading (and it may have been on this thread or another3FC thread) that someone lost weight by simply calculating how many calories they needed to eat to maintain their goal weight. Then they just ate that amount until they reached their goal weight. Then of course, they just continued to do that for maintenance.

I found a web page that helped you do that and it says if I want to maintain a 150# weight I would need to eat just over 1700 calories a day. Well, I can do that! I could live with that forever! So, instead of constantly tweaking the calories as I lose weight I'm just going to eat 1700 (because it's just too much effort to remember an odd number ;) ) and see where it takes me. I realize at some point I many have to tweak that number but I'm good with that idea. And, I'm well aware that 150 will still put me in the overweight category but since I thought I looked pretty smoking hot at 183 I believe I will be very happy at 150. At my age I just don't have it in me to worry about some vanity pounds.

Anyway, he's done with his bath so while I'd like to give some shout outs....maybe next time!

Everyone is doing a great job!!!

konfyoozed 02-29-2012 01:09 PM

yesterday's migraine actually faded enough by the evening that i was able to make dinner. nothing fancy. shredded chicken breast with a little pasta sauce and parm, sauteed onion and green pepper (in olive oil - best smell ever), and 1/4c mozzarella cheese on a high fiber/low carb wrap (these are actually very soft and tasty and only 71 calories!) the whole wrap ended up being about 350 calories, and full of protein and fiber. i boiled some mini corn cobs to go with it. and dinner ended up being around 500 cals total. i even made it to work out last night! so proud of myself for that. i almost didn't, then i was like "eff it. tomorrow's weigh in, i need the workout"... so i took it easy and did a slowish walk with a little bit of an incline on the treadmill for 45 minutes (burned about 350 calories according to the machine) had a couple pieces of chocolate with some strawberries and went to bed.

i haven't gotten on the wii fit today, but my bathroom scale is showing me everything from 267.8 up to 273, so who the heck knows. my wii fit usually puts me at about 1.5-2lb higher, so i'm guessing no loss or possibly a gain this week. sadface.

but in other news, i have exercised for over 1200 minutes this month (that's 20 hours!)... and stayed on plan pretty much every day. only went off plan a few times :D not nearly enough to cause a fat gain, so any gain i see is either muscle or water, and i'll take that.

ya'll have a good day!

summerlove 02-29-2012 01:30 PM

Yup, I restarted last week. I was in such denial when I started gaining again...(I had hit 167 a few years ago, all time low).

justaloozer 02-29-2012 07:32 PM

I need to join this thread. Last year I lost 28lbs in 4 months (some weeks I was relosing the weight I had regained). I was down a total of 48.2lbs. From Sept- Feb I regained back EVERYTHING I lost + more, due to some serious family issues. I never should have gotten off track though. I went from 267.4 to 308. For the past almost 2 weeks I have been back to calorie counting and going to the gym. I weighed in this am at 300.8. I am so disgusted that I let myself go up after all of my hard work. I am pretty much back at square one.

Beverlyjoy 02-29-2012 07:35 PM

Hi... gosh, it's been a busy day of being here,l there and everywhere.

I was running around taking my mom to the doctor and shopping. I am working on the invitations to the silent auction fundraiser for our group - literacy project for at risk kids.

On to the food... yesterday I stayed within my plan. A few things changed. A little sloppy... but, did not overeat. I planned/measured,logged food, read over my literature, lots of water, left a bite, did some exercises, and a few more.

I did weigh today.
2/08 - 203
2/15 - 205 (Day of Surgery)
2/22- did not weigh
2/29 - 203
I am just fine with how it has ended up.

Saturday DH and I will go visit our family. I am still kind of tired from the surgeries - but, it will be OK. The surgeon suggested I travel with a pillow in my lap. That works... it's fine. I will start to read and plan my strategy to have some sanity around the food while traveling. I will add some exchanges to my daily plan.

I hope you are all having a good day!

As always, I want to thank you all for your continued support & wisdom.

patchworkpenguin 02-29-2012 11:28 PM

I did 30min of cardio then 45min of LB.

My eating has been okay but not the best its ever been, I feel the food itself is still healthy, but I need to cut back on my portions, I got tired of posting everything every night but am still keeping track in my journal. I feel I need to get back on the straight and narrow, and maybe shake things up a bit to get out of the rut I'm in. Time to put February behind me and March On!

thistoo 03-01-2012 07:18 AM

Welcome new people! This is a great group to help you keep your head in the re-losing game.

Beverly, wtg on maintaining your weight during your recovery! That's great news. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that traveling on Saturday is as comfortable as possible.

Penguin, I often find myself in a rut this time of year. Luckily we get a fresh start today with the new month, and spring appears to be on the way, storms and all. Good luck to all of us!

I'm at 203.2 this morning, down two whole ounces from yesterday. I've had a nagging headache since yesterday, and I'm taking my time this morning. I'm going to have to drag myself into work here shortly, but they won't miss me too much if I'm a little late this morning.

I drank a Diet Coke yesterday, just to see what would happen. I haven't had one in over a month, so really I was just experimenting. It was really sweet and tasted like chemicals, mostly. I'm glad to know I won't be craving them anymore (hopefully) but if this headache is a result of the soda, it wasn't worth it. It could just be the storms rolling through my area, and the spring allergens creeping up.

I hope everyone's having a good week. It's a new month and I'm determined to make it another successful one.

mahtha 03-01-2012 09:51 AM

Welcome to the newbie losers!
We're in the midst of our first snow storm this winter, it's incredibly beautiful. The office is practically empty but most of my staff is here. I was thinking about taking them to lunch for making the effort, but I haven't budgeted the points for that so I'm looking for a non-food treat for the team.

Food was OP yesterday, even with a gathering of girlfriends last night. I'm not sure why it's so easy to pass on all the wonderful goodies spread around, but I can say I wasn't tempted at all. I did have a nice glass of wine :)

My gazelle sprints the other night don't feel like such a good idea today. My calves are so tight I can barely walk down the stairs! I guess I have to ease into things a little more.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Slashnl 03-01-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justaloozer (Post 4235561)
I am so disgusted that I let myself go up after all of my hard work. I am pretty much back at square one.

This is me, too. So, I also need to join this thread. I went away from the entire forum for almost a year. Yep, that served me well.... gained back a lot of what I had lost. I was down about 40 pounds as I recall. Then it started to sneak back on. And, around February 2011, I stopped keeping track. Long story... laid off from a job I had for 9 years... found another job, but hated it.... worked there for 10 months before finally being hired at a company I love, with a job I love, and more money! During the rough times, my husband was out of town a lot and we live out in the country, so I had lots of animal chores - irrigation issues - oh, and I have teenagers. 2011 was unkind and I lost track of myself.

So, moving on, with the new job I knew I had to get back on track. So, I showed up here. Loved the title of this thread and I knew it was me. I also saw that Sandi had lost 100 pounds over the past year. Wow, while I was in torment and gaining, she took control and lost a bunch of weight. I want to be back in control too.

thistoo 03-01-2012 11:04 AM

Diane (I remember you!) I am right there with you. I started back in 2006 and lost 95 pounds over three years (I was on the very, veeeery slow track) and then I changed jobs, took on a lot more responsibility/stress, and suddenly I'd gained back 68 pounds. I cannot believe to this day that I was that close to 100 pounds lost and I managed to relapse my way back to 218.

I still get frustrated, sure, but everybody here is turning it around, and so can you. It feels pretty great to take control back, I am here to tell you.

Good gravy, I sound like a motivational speaker lately. This is what working out and getting the gluten out of my system does to me. But I'm losing weight, so it's a trade-off I am willing to make.

In short, welcome!! :D It sucks that any of us have to be here, but at least we all know what it's like to be in this position.

mahtha, be careful in that weather! It's 70 degrees and sunny here today. I'm wearing a skirt without tights and short sleeves. Crazy to think you're getting snow.

Elladorine 03-01-2012 11:34 AM

Justwant2Bhealthy~ Thanks! :hug:

Bleh. Thought I had a good week bit gained 3 1/2 pounds at my meeting last night. I'm hoping that my TOM is mostly to blame for that, but I guess I'll find out more by how I do this next week.

patchworkpenguin 03-01-2012 02:45 PM

Pretty day here. I've got the windows open again! Cardio and stretching for later.

My mom got me watching Dr Oz for a few weeks, one thing he said was to have a 'cheat' day. I tried this and it seems to work, if I have one day I can go 'overboard' I can 'do better' the rest of the week. So yesterday was my day this week, while last week it was Thursday.

Diane, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Caroline, I did so well in Nov and Dec then this year has been a mess. I need to snap out of it. Hubby gave up cokes about a year ago and has the same reaction when he tried one, he wondered how/why he drank them for so long.

Mahtha, sorry about the snow! Try walking around to loosen up your legs.

konfyoozed 03-01-2012 03:19 PM

hey everyone! happy march and all that jazz :)

so, final tally for february for me: down 5.3 pounds, as well as several inches! 3/4" on my neck, 1.5" on my bust, 3" on my waist, 1.5" on my hips, and 1" on my thighs. i'll take that :)

patchworkpenguin 03-01-2012 05:03 PM

I did 25min of cardio and 25min of active stretching.

Mandy, great job on the loss! :dance:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-01-2012 09:38 PM

MANDY ~ well, I think that's an awesome accomplishment for a month -- wow, 3 inches off your tummy! Hey, those are great NSV's too!

:welcome: to our NEWBIES here -- glad you all joined us over here. We do indeed know how you feel; been there, done that ... :lol: Forget about the past; forgive yourself, and continue on. No matter what, we'll cheer you on ... :cheer:

Quote:

... that someone lost weight by simply calculating how many calories they needed to eat to maintain their goal weight. Then they just ate that amount until they reached their goal weight. Then of course, they just continued to do that for maintenance.
YES, this a very good strategy. I have written on this site before that many years ago, I read an article by an emminent food/biology scientist/prof at the University of New York -- he stated this same very idea. That one could simply lose weight using their "goal weight" calorie allotment, and then use that to maintain as well. I just mentioned this in a thread in the Maintenance Library recently; and a friend here, BARGOO, used that same method to lose and maintain as well ... :D

Quote:

Good gravy, I sound like a motivational speaker lately ...
HEY CAROLINE, what's wrong with that? We surely don't mind at all! ;)

Quote:

My mom got me watching Dr Oz for a few weeks, one thing he said was to have a 'cheat' day ...
PATCH, many people on this site use that strategy with great success. MARCH ON, girl ... MARCH ON ... :hug:

BEVERLYJOY ~ that's so fab; see -- you didn't gain at all! I was a little concerned about you carrying that gazelle upstairs though. Too bad you couldn't keep it in your room all the time. Have a good trip this weekend ...

February was a good eating month for me; very pleased with the improvements i have made in that month. I've lost a couple of more inches off my tummy; and trust me, that's a huge NSV for me. Found fruit is helping me overcome the 11 am and 5 pm hunger pangs. I ate grapes today; gee, grapes are quite filling and so sweet, they taste like candy to me ...

konfyoozed 03-01-2012 09:43 PM

guys GUYS!!! i want this. i want it a lot.

http://s2h.com/replay

also, there is a pedometer that gives you points for every 10k steps. the more you walk, the more points you get... the more STUFF you can earn. exercise for stuff. I LIKE IT.

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-01-2012 11:14 PM

ASTROPHE posted this in the WLS forum today; and I thought it was so appropriate for this thread ... :D

A Cherokee Legend ...

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

kmac1196 03-02-2012 06:08 AM

Morning ladies. Lots of reasons to celebrate over here, I'm reading! Congrats to all of the pounds/ounces (even 2) and inches! I love that Cherokee quote. I've read it before and I try to always stay positive.

Finished day 5 yesterday of fat flush. Settling in nicely. Hunger is gone. Cravings are gone. Energy is up! As of yesterday (after only 4 days) I've lost 3 lbs. I was hoping for 7 this first week (first time doing this I lost 12 subsequent times was 7) but it's early yet. Still waiting for my supplements. That might help. Feeling good though. I've commited to this for 30 days. After 30, I will evaluate my progrees compared to effort, look at my feelings of deprivation (if any) and see if I continue on Fat flush or move to WW. I may choose to take a "free meal" out with my husband and stay on Fat flush. We'll see. Work today...2 clients so got to get on it! Have a great day all!

thistoo 03-02-2012 06:29 AM

Morning ladies! I think I left my motivational speaker hat under my pillow, so it's safe to come in. It's too early in the morning for me to be all Up With People. ;)

I'm up a full pound this morning, which is, of course, the hazard of daily weighing. I haven't really had a big bounce in awhile, though, so I was probably due. We'll see what next week's 'official' weigh-in (on Wednesday) brings. I know I won't be in onederland, but I'd like to be hovering on the edge. It's probably going to be a low weight loss week, though, at least judging from my pattern over the last seven weeks, so I'm prepared to wait longer. I'll hit it the week after for sure.

So maybe I do have a little motivation in me this morning after all! I hope everyone has a great Friday. I will start my day with a staff meeting (boo) and I picked up a shift for a sick coworker tomorrow, which means a one day weekend for me. At least it'll keep me out of trouble over the weekend.

Slashnl 03-02-2012 11:07 AM

Hi all. Thanks for the welcoming messages. I'm getting on my feet again, so that's helping. I need to do some planning this weekend so that groceries make sense for what I'm trying to do. I was going to weigh myself today, but I think I'll go back to weighing on Mondays. It will give me a starting point. Then, back to spin class and body pump at the gym. No excuses.

Caroline, I remember you too, by the way. I kind of like your motivational speaker role! Ha!

Have a good weekend everyone!

justaloozer 03-02-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy (Post 4237339)
ASTROPHE posted this in the WLS forum today; and I thought it was so appropriate for this thread ... :D

A Cherokee Legend ...

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Beautiful!

I am still 298.6 this am, but I am fine with that. I have lost nearly 3lbs this week and tomorrow is my official weigh in.

patchworkpenguin 03-02-2012 12:11 PM

Hubby stayed up til Mid last night watching Top Gear, then April <-- woke us up an hour later trotting around the house and barking {her signal that something is wrong} so we investigated that, but while we had investigated she went back to bed so it was probably just a squirrel on the roof! I tend to sleep late on Fridays but my parents called to ask if they could come by and give me money/coupon to buy myself a Bday present? Who would turn them away??? As soon as they left Hubby came home for lunch {a rare occurance}, so here it is 11am and I'm just starting my morning routine. :dizzy:

BTW: my Bday isn't until April. The Bible study Mom and I {CBS} attend announced what we will study next year and said we will change from the NIV to the ESV translation, which I don't have, so my parents offered to buy me one for my Bday. Because of my vision I need a large print which I sometimes have to order. Also, my parents like to plan ahead...something which I didn't inheirit from them.

Cardio for later. I have the windows open again, its nice outside; high of 81* but its overcast, very windy, and is supposed to rain.

Beverlyjoy 03-02-2012 12:24 PM

Hi relosers... Man oh man.... the past two days have been a horrible struggle. I don't know why or what's up. Well, maybe I do. Might be a 'let down' from being so careful. That sometimes happens to me. I am leaving for five days. I am quite nervous as I won't be in my 'food comfort zone.'

If it's going to happen... it must be me making it happen.

I'll have limited access to the computer. I will check in.

Thanks to you all for your support and kindness and wisdom.

thistoo 03-02-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 4237994)
while we had investigated she went back to bed so it was probably just a squirrel on the roof!

Or maybe she just wanted a show of her own before bed? Watching you investigate could be the doggie equivalent of Top Gear. ;) My cats are completely useless as a warning system, but for two ten-pound balls of fur they manage to make quite a racket in the middle of the night, so I feel your pain on the interrupted sleep.

Beverly, have a safe trip! I am already experiencing anxiety over my own family trip this month and having control over food, so I understand. Good luck making the best choices you can. We are veterans at this weight loss thing by now, so I have faith that we can both do it.

Having said that, I am SO HUNGRY today. There are always two dozen donuts at our monthly staff meeting, and while I have not even gone near them, I am really tempted to dive face-first into the box of leftovers. I went out for lunch with friends and had a pineapple burger with no bun and a side of broccoli instead of fries. I probably should have stuck with salad for the bulk, but we're right in the path of that big storm and I just wanted warm food.

The burger was wonderful, but I'm still hungry. I have a feeling it's just going to be one of those tough days. I just want to go home and curl up under the covers. In two and a half more hours I can do exactly that, so until then I will suck it up and get some work done.

SilkyDove 03-02-2012 02:39 PM

I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago and began to regain it back when I had to take off work to take care of my husband who had been disabled in an auto accident then began going through my 3rd and later my 4th round with breast cancer. I am finding it VERY hard to get started again. I think because I remember how darn hard it was the first time. I work full time, go to school full time, and just can't seemt ot find the time or energy to get that start and keep it going. any suggestions?:?:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-02-2012 07:32 PM

:welcome: SILKYDOVE ~ wow, you and your DH have had a time of it over the last while, for sure; and you are one busy lady. Ummm, I would just make some small changes for now, like cutting out the junk & fat-fried foods; add in 2 veggies or a salad with dinner; or lunch, whichever you can do. Soup is a good quick meal; and don't forget to eat some fruit. You can just eat a basic cereal for brekky (whole grain fiber rich) with lf milk & fruit. Lunch can be a wg sandwich & fruit, or salad or soup; and dinner something fast like grilled lean meat with salad /or veggies and either rice, new tators, beans, or wg bun.

I have fruit with breakfast and for snacks. Sometimes, a glass of milk to fill me up or with a snack. Fruit is handy as are small yogurts and protein bars. Go by portions; that is easier. Do whatever is quick. You could make up one weekly menu and put it on your desktop or fridge. Just keep it simple. :D

BEVERLYJOY ~ just make the best choices you can; and watch the portions sizes, then you should be OK. Relax, and enjoy yourself too.

CAROLINE ~ yes, keep safe down there; our prayer warriors are sending up ^prayers^ for the southern states (re the tornadoes & twisters).

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ... :irish:

patchworkpenguin 03-02-2012 07:48 PM

I did 30min on the dreadmill, then stopped and did 30min with Leslie from 5MFB. I enjoyed the second workout a lot more.:D

Dove, welcome glad to have you join us!

Caroline, I've never heard of a pineapple burger. Details?

Beverly, hope you have a safe trip.

Rosebud, I'm so glad the weekend is finally here!

ANewCreation 03-02-2012 08:58 PM

I am loving how fast this thread moves along and a big welcome to all the newbies!

Justwant2Bhealthy, thank you for the encouragement about eating maintenance calories to reach goal weight. I love that others have tried this and it works!

This week has been yet another blur ;) Nothing new to report. My weigh ins are Mondays and I'm hoping for a good report on the scale. When putting on a pair of pants this morning they felt much looser around the tummy area so here's hoping it shows up on the scales!

Anyone on here over the weekends? That's just about the only time I have to get on here and spend any time.

Check in later :)

heathermichigan 03-02-2012 11:23 PM

Hello all :) :)
I'm in the same boat as all of you. I lost 80 pounds between January and August of 2011. Then various things happened (including my slacking off and not working out and eventually not eating very well....) and I gained back 21 pounds. I got on the scale last weekend after not weighing myself for MONTHS and said h*** no! I worked too dang hard last year for this crap! LOL
So here I am. I have a good attitude going into this and I am once again committed to getting down to 170 for the first time in almost 20 years.
I do the elliptical and sometimes swim and walk for exercise. I eat a controlled carb diet given to me by a nutritionist.
My goal is to lose 8 pounds a month. I was trying for 10 pounds a month before, but it was too stressful for me if I didn't meet that goal.
Anyway....good luck to everyone! We did this before, we can do it again! :carrot:

justaloozer 03-03-2012 09:16 AM

Pineapple burger sounds delicious!

Welcome Heather!

I am down 10.6lbs since 2/22! I am very excited to see the scale moving in the right direction! Hopefully I will lose everything I regained by June. I think I can do it before then, but I want to give myself time!

thistoo 03-03-2012 11:18 AM

Welcome Heather!

The pineapple burger was just a hamburger with grilled pineapple slices and caramelized onions. Pineapple on burgers is my favorite, but I don't eat it that often because pineapples are so high on the glycemic index.

My weight is back down to 203.2 this morning, though, so I guess the pineapple didn't do any harm. I'm not feeling awesome this morning, which is my own fault, so I won't complain. Last night we got one last brief but intense storm and my bedroom window shattered. So I will have to deal with that on Monday, but at least my maple tree didn't fall on my house. I'm always grateful when the trees stay standing around here!

SilkyDove 03-03-2012 11:42 AM

Thank you

Thank you everyone, for such a warm welcome! For some reason it is so much harder this time around. Between work and school then home, I don't have time or engery to excersise.

konfyoozed 03-03-2012 01:54 PM

silkydove - do you have time to walk between classes or during breaks at work? sometimes that helps. :)

patchworkpenguin 03-03-2012 02:08 PM

Caroline, I was thinking the burger patty was a big slice of pineapple, which actually sounds pretty good to me. Sorry to hear about the window, glad it wasn't worse.

Heather, a good attitude will probably help. Beverly, one of our members recently pointed out that a lot of us {me, included} are very angry at ourselves for the regain, and that we need to forgive ourselves and be kinder to ourselves.

I can report that Mr Scale says the same, my measurements are all the same but I'm able to wear clothes that were too small the last time I tried them on. :?:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-03-2012 03:21 PM

:welcome: HEATHER ~ good for you catching that regain so quickly; glad you came back and joined us here.

PATCH ~ a loss is a loss is a loss. Amanda once said that even if the scale doesn't go down, as long as inches and sizes go down -- you are not in a plateau as long as you are losing something. I had been lamenting about being in a long plateau at the time, and she wisely corrected me about that.

CAROLINE ~ glad you are OK down there; good the tree stayed up, but that window will cost a bit (although your insurance may pay for that). I've never tried pineapple on a hamburger before; might be like having a sweet relish on it, I suppose.

SILKYDOVE ~ I agree with MANDY, you probably do a lot of walking each day anyways; but I used to walk during my lunch breaks too.

JUSTLOOZER ~ :congrat: on losing those 10+ lbs forever; that was pretty good, if you ask me ... :D

NEWCREATION ~ I love it when my clothes get looser -- that's just another NSV for me; but I am having to take my new pants up again for the second time. :)

We had deli BBQ Spit chicken with salad for dinner for the last 2 nights. Will likely have fish & chips & salad (for me) for tonight. We have a wee ***** storm going on here right now with lots of blowing; just the kind of day to stay indoors and veg out. :brr:

patchworkpenguin 03-03-2012 03:34 PM

I did 51min of cardio = 4 miles with Leslie.

heathermichigan 03-03-2012 05:43 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :)
I have been fortunate that I quickly fell back into weight loss mode, mentally and behavior-wise. I want this bad.
And the pathetic thing is....a huge part of me getting on the scale and starting again was that people stopped telling me how great I looked! :o Vain much?:dizzy:

Jessica88 03-04-2012 02:02 AM

Hi everyone! I would love to join this discussion. I am so ready to get my weight off again! I was down to 155 lbs last summer and then a lot of things changed (break up and new job) and now I am too scared to get on the scale but I am probably somewhere around 175-180 lbs right now. I know it isn't a horrible regain but it has really effected me a lot and I just can't seem to get back on track, I have been trying since January and I have had good weeks and bad weeks (mostly bad) but I have not been able to stay consistent. Now that I am ALMOST over the break up, and just resigned from my job I feel like I will have more time for myself and to get everything on track because I have not been happy with how I have been treating my body lately. Hopefully being active on here will help me stay on track

thistoo 03-04-2012 08:26 AM

Patch, your version of the pineapple burger sounds pretty good too! Though I would eat pineapple on anything, pretty much. Dairy Queen makes a pineapple shake that is possibly the best thing in the world. But just thinking about it makes me gain weight, so I won't.

I am dogsitting this weekend so I'm not near my scale this morning, but it's probably just as well. I went off the rails a little last night and ate some popcorn, which isn't terrible (other than the part where I am supposed to be avoiding grains) except that it was SO SALTY. Wow, was it ever salty. So I'm sure my weight is up this morning. I'll drink a lot of water today and hopefully it'll go down again tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathermichigan (Post 4239545)
And the pathetic thing is....a huge part of me getting on the scale and starting again was that people stopped telling me how great I looked! :o Vain much?:dizzy:

Heather, I'm right there with you. When I got down to the 180s range the first time around and started fitting in well-cut designer clothes (we have REALLY good thrift/consignment stores here) people would compliment me on my style all the time, and when that stopped happening it was my first clue that I'd really let myself go again. I liked feeling put together for *me*, so I am really motivated to get back there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica88 (Post 4239891)
I know it isn't a horrible regain but it has really effected me a lot and I just can't seem to get back on track

Hi Jessica; welcome. Personally I think any gain that takes away from your confidence is a big deal, so if it's making you feel bad, then it's a problem. I'm glad you're finding yourself in a place when you're ready to take control again. We all know exactly how you feel, so you're in the right place!

I am still not feeling awesome this morning, so I'm going to do my best to stick with my eating plan today. I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing Sunday. :)