And then my car went BOOM...

• So, wednesday after my first day of real camera work in film class, I was driving to work and on a slow exit, I smashed into the car in front of me...

Now, before anyone worries, I was going like 10mph and the worst thing that happened to me was some very sore boobs (from the seatbelt) and my neck hurt for a day. No one else was hurt either.

But my car.... oh my beautiful POS ghetto mobile that has 171K miles on it was bleeding all over the road. I had to have it towed away... <sniff>

This was my first accident ever and I could NOT believe it happened. But amusingly enough, I ate and ate and ate to make myself feel better. Sigh! Such a good defense mechanisim.
  • I'm so glad that you are okay! Is your car salvageable?
    I've never been in a collision either, I can't imagine what it's like.

{{hugs}}
  • Awww thanks!

It's like someone pushing you around and you have no idea what's going on. I didn't even realize *I* hit the guy until we pulled over.

The original estimate on my car was $2800. But I'm my father's daughter and he did not raise a fool so it's about $900 to repair now. Nooooo, I did not have full coverage because it's a POS and it wouldn't have been worth it. Luckily, I'll have it back next week.