2012 Distance Challenge! (500 Miles in 1 year)

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • I'm in!
  • Total 2012 Miles: 61.5

Week 1: 9.0 miles
    Week 2: 10.5 miles
    Week 3: 10.5 miles
    Week 4: 12 miles
    Week 5: 11 miles
    Week 6: 8.5 miles
  • I just completed another 1.5 miles on the office treadmill. Up to 16.5 miles now!
  • Another 1.5 miles on the office treadmill done. That machine and I are getting to be good buddies. 18 miles total!
  • I just walked/jogged 2 miles! Yes, I actually jogged!!!!! That's a milestone for me!
  • Well tonight I went and bought a used copy of the Wii Fit and just jogged 3 miles in my home! I think I have finally found a way to start running, which is something I've always wanted to do!
  • I just started last week & was able to get 20.85 miles! Starting to really enjoy running now!
  • Total 2012 Miles: 74

Week 1: 9.0 miles
    Week 2: 10.5 miles
    Week 3: 10.5 miles
    Week 4: 12 miles
    Week 5: 11 miles
    Week 6: 8.5 miles
    Week 7: 12.5 miles
  • Awesome job delyn!

Another mile done on the treadmill. 24 miles down now!
  • Quote: I am still going!!! Last Thursday I was running on the treadmill and I heard a POP! My hip felt like it was going to fall off. I have been off of it for a full week!

I cannot wait to start racking up my miles again! Some of you ladies are kicking TOTAL BOOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ouch! I had a set back as well. My ankle was feeling not quite right so I had to take some time off as well. I am starting back up slowly and carefully. I got some new shoes so hopefully that will help. I started working with a pilates DVD to keep moving while my ankle was recovering. It feels good to be walking again.
  • Another mile and a half jog this evening added. Up to 25.5 miles now!
  • I'm late to the party, but count me in! That is a lot of distance (especially as I'm thinking in km so 804km, 15.5km p/w, 67 p/month sounds like a lot) but its such a great goal. Time to check the trusty phone for my log.

Jan: 53.7
    1 - 19 Feb: 21.3

TOTAL: 75
  • Hey distance junkies! How do you determine your distance goals?

All, save one, of my goals are fitness related, but my jogging goal is simply to complete the "jogging to marathon" training program. I'm on week 17 or 26. It's unlikely that I'll actually run a marathon. I did a couple in my 20s and they are totally overrated - the training is the best part.

But if you are just going, going, going, and getting stronger/faster along the way, how do you decide what your goal should be?
  • I'm joining late but this sounds like fun!

January: 3.0 miles
    February: (so far) 1.5 miles

I think I need to kick it up!!
  • Was able to hit the treadmill without any severe pain afterwards! I am back in the game and will definatly have to kick it up a notch to get on track of 500 in 2012. Maybe March will be a 100 mile month? Its doable right?? I added a little tracker on my signature. What an easy way to keep track.