Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 06:36 AM   #1  

Default is this all in my head?

I haven't been able to exercise for a few days, cause I hurt my back. Since I haven't been exercising, I'm craving sugar and carbs (more than usual), my clothes feel tighter, and I just feel gross. It's only been two days. Is there such a thing as exercise withdrawl??? I was only doing 20 minutes seven days a week on the exercise bike. I guess it was having more positive benefits than I thought.

It's so laughable that I would feel this way-missing exercise. I am the most unathletic and uncoordinated person!...besides being a couch potato-well, I don't watch much tv, but I love to read on the couch.

Just wondering?
Sherry
Old 02-14-2003, 08:54 AM   #2  

I DO think it makes a HUGE difference. I've missed little bocks of my workouts for illness, and each time I can feel myself slipping back into the old depression mode. Perhaps you could come up with some exercises you can do that wouldn't hurt your back ...

Pen
Old 02-14-2003, 09:47 AM   #3  
Jo
Catatonic

Angry Nope, it's not in your head

Studies have shown that exercise helps normalize blood glucose levels. This helps reduce cravings (especially for carbs). I know when I was diagnosed with diabetes, my doctor told me the best thing I could do would be to start walking (I'm a couch potato also). Some doctors even believe that exercise is more important in regulating blood sugar than prescription meds are. Is there an exercise you could do that wouldn't hurt your back? Maybe swimming or water aerobics?
Old 02-14-2003, 10:30 AM   #4  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I can totally relate. When I miss a day and don't work out, especially if I don't eat well that day, the next day I swear I feel like I am 10 lbs heavier and I feel gross.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

yep, or if i feel like my workout didn't satsify me. yesterday i actaully did 2 workouts - yoga video and tae bo instructional, but since i didn't get in a bunch of cardio, i still felt kinda sluggish when going to bed.

so today, i just did my intermediate/advaced tape that i can never finish correctly. (i end up marching out stuff to catch my breath!) damn kathy smith from 1984. she's tough.
Closed Thread