Angi, how was the home visit?

• Angi,

How did the home visit go? You must be so glad it's over!

Hugs,
    sherry
  • Thanks Sherry!

It went OK. It was hard though, having a stranger in the house asking lots of really personal questions. She was very nice, though, and put us at ease. She's coming back next week on Thursday for the 2nd/last visit. Then she'll write up a report and recommend us (or not) to the adoption agency. After that we'll be officially waiting for our child, and as "approved" as we can get (with the understanding that we still have to lose the weight).

I really appreciate your remembering to ask!

Angi
  • Congrats Angi glad things are going well so far.....I had a home visit yesterday too, I am now the proud mama of a 12 week old dalmatian puppy
  • LOL, Kim! Pics please!

I LOVE dogs.

Angi
  • I'm gonna run to the store in a little bit to get a disposable camera and take some pics
  • Ok Angi go to http://www.photo.epson.com/ and put in [email protected] as e-mail address and go to my pets.....all my "kids" pics are there. Before you get confused I have 3 dogs and 2 cats
  • they are adorable!!!! and we've always had black cats... the current one, annie, is sleeping in the chair next to me, waiting for me to actually go to bed!
  • Kim! I have a dalmatian, too! His name is Larry, and I picked him out when he was only three weeks old. He is dumb as a fence post, but very lovable and quite the watchdog.
  • Hi Angie!

I'm glad that home visit went well. I'm sure the rest of it will go well too. I am excited for you. (I have been where you are ~ though it has been a long time ago now ~ my girls are 20 & 21 now.)

Take care ~ glynne (Gayle)
  • I'm glad things went well for you Angi. I'm curious though - you said "with the understanding that you lose the weight". Stupid question - was that part of the conditions of adoption, or something you wanted personally? Crazy question, I know, but I've been out of the loop.

Congrats on your new "baby" Kim! You must be very proud.

M'Chelle
  • M'Chelle,

I sent you a PM answering your question.

Angi
  • I am keeping my fingers crossed for you & Dan, Angi. I think children who are wanted soooo badly are lucky to have that kind of love.