Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default sometimes, people suck (little rant)

i posted the whole story in my journal (click the little button on the left) but i wanted to rant in here to my bestest girls (and guy, if matt's around!)

some a-hole guy in a tricked out car stuck his head out the window and yelled something like "you're so fat you're going to break the bike" as david and i were riding to school.

i don't know what causes people to be so mean. it's not like he opened my eyes.. "oh, wait! i didn't notice i'm over 200 pounds! damn."

grrrr. right now i'm trying to take solace in 3 things -
1. i have friends that support me (you guys!)
2. david loves me no matter what
3. i'm going to turn down a-holes like that when i'm hot!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 08:04 PM   #2  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I know what that's like, and how embarrassing it is, and how much it hurts. You are hot right now, I've seen your picture and you are really pretty. And in my opinion, guys like that aren't worth a second though.

When I started my journey, I decided that if I were single and thin, I would not be with a guy who thought bad of overweight people. That's just shallow, and I'll do my damndest to keep this weight off, but you can never tell, and I wouldn't want my guy to leave me because of it.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I don't understand that kind of stuff either. What's the point? If you think about it, people who say things like that must feel pretty bad about themselves--so bad that the only thing they can do is try to make others feel bad, too. Good for you for knowing they were just words from a rather sad idiot.

I liked the come-back I heard somewhere. Something like:

"I may be fat, but at least I can change that. You'll always be stupid." (this is said with an accompanying pitying look, of course)
Old 02-20-2003, 10:55 PM   #4  
Searching

People who do that kind of stuff are so insecure with themselves they can only feel better by putting the world down. LITTLE MAN SYNDROME. Next time call my Holly and I will kick this guys butt. Then he will embarrased have his face hit the side walk by a fat girl!!!

Miss Chris
Old 02-20-2003, 11:57 PM   #5  

That guy does suck. I'm sorry that happened to you.

angi
Old 02-21-2003, 12:29 AM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

*hugs*

Sorry to hear it. I usually roll my eyes & say, "Ooh, a fat joke. I've NEVER heard one of those before."
Old 02-21-2003, 12:39 AM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Maybe this will give you solace: Imagine him at 40....bald head, fat-*** gut hanging over his pants that he has to wear practically at his testicles because he's too damn vain to get his *real* waist size.

He'll get his.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:26 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennelle
Maybe this will give you solace: Imagine him at 40....bald head, fat-*** gut hanging over his pants that he has to wear practically at his testicles because he's too damn vain to get his *real* waist size.

He'll get his.
Jennelle, that's great!

Holly, what a jackass. It sucks when people are so rude, but it is their insecurities that really show through. It reflects on them, not you. You are amazing, beautiful, smart, funny, & wonderful no matter your weight. Remember that.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:53 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

People never fail to amaze me. I don't understand what they could POSSIBLY get out of making other people feel bad. My guess is that he has nothing else going for him. **HUGS**.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #10  

I am sorry that guy was so mean to you. But imagin if the cruel words were from your own family. I am heavy and get this from my dad's side of the family. My mom's side is very thin. Let me share a little story with you all.

My grandma and i were in her room watching the Packers one Sunday. I had gained like 30lbs after my high school graduation and my grandma was not happy about this. So anyway, I get hungary all of a sudden, so I go may a hotdog and grab a bag of chips. The minute my grandma saw what was in my hand she got this total look of disgust and said "You are already way too fat for your age, why are you constantly eating like a pig"? I said, " Well I don't have a problem getting any attention from guys, I still get noticed and ask for my phone number when i walk down the street, so I don't see problem with being the size i am". My grandma snaps back "Elephants are big too, that does not mean you have to look like one!" OUCH!! That hurt like ****! I was so hurt by her words that I could not even finish my meal or finish watching the game. Every since this incident, i won't even eat around her, for fear of what she might think of me. Sometimes she comments anyway and my mom, sister and brother chip with their nasty comments too. My point is people can be very cruel and mean to overweight people, but in my case, my family is a lot meaner than any person I have every encountered. But what can you do and what can you say, they are family right?

Blaze
Old 02-21-2003, 02:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

What cruel remarks--family members are sometimes the worst. I believe they think they are helping, but all they are doing is hurting.

After much soul-searching, I finally told my grandmother and also my father that if they wanted me to visit them again, they needed to lay off the comments. My weight was not a topic for conversation. Period. And they quit. I have no regrets about doing that, and I would have stuck with what I said. I need to be surrounded by supporting, loving people, not people who constantly criticize my weight or anything else about my life.

Maybe you could talk to your family and tell them what you need for them to support you. And if they won't, then keep them at arm's length and find people who will support you. Like everyone here. :-)

Good luck! It sounds like a tough situation.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:39 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I love this topic because it makes me realize that I'm not the only one to bear witness to stupidity and cruelty.

My latest one was on a trip to San Fran when my boyfriend and I were crossing the street in Castro to go eat. A man was crossing towards us and as he passed he yelled, "MORE TO LOVE!" The man was so weird that his words didn't hit me until I realized that my boyfriend was pissed off. He wanted to leave because he was so offended about what the guy said. Now, that's one of the least offensive remarks I've ever had but my boyfriend had never witnessed it so he had not built up a tolerance like I had.

People are idiots.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

david finally told me what he ACTUALLY said. he said (to david):

"you bang THAT? my god!"

david said that he wanted to punch him. and if it had been a different circumstance, he would have.

what an ***. david didn't want to tell me cuz he didn't want me to think about sex like that. but it was really bothering me not knowing, so now i do, and i can put it past me.

thank you guys, all of you, for reassuring me that i am a beautiful person.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #14  
Catwoman

Holly you are such a babe it's not funny. I honesty think guys like that are jealous. They are most likely single and frustrated having to pay for it all the time. I can't believe some of the comments ppl have had said to them. It's a really sad world when complete strangers get abused. I feel sorry for ppl that are so unhappy that they have to take it out on others, they must have alot of problems to be so down on life.

Kitty
Closed Thread