how are you handling St. Valentine's Day

• Hi,

Just wondering how any fellow chocoholics are handling the holiday this Friday? Before I could tell my husband not to buy me anything chocolate, our son Matthew blabbed to me that "daddy bought a peanut butter chocolate heart for you. Will you share it with me?" (three year olds cannot keep secrets!) I guess one piece of candy can't do too much harm. I told my husband I didn't want to go out to dinner, cause-everywhere is crowded and overpriced, and I don't want to overeat...and my birthday is on 2/25, and we'll go out then anyway.

Take care,
    Sherry
  • i told david NO CANDY. we're staying home and cooking a nice dinner, and i think we're going out to a movie. as long as i don't get popcorn, i'm home free!!
  • No candy will cross these lips! Actually, no candy is allowed in the house. I got my DH something other than chocolate (which he loves) and I'm going to get my daughter something other than candy, too.
  • I am working and a little concerned that people will bring candies in and but them out everywhere. Then it becomes a bargain. I love chocolate. But I prefer good chocolate to Hersheys and the really dark stuff, so if my husband can pick me up some Godiva 72% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Demitasse I can avoid all the mediocre chocolate in the world and spread it out instead of blowing my calorie count.

Miss Chris
  • Dh & I are going out to eat & then to a pottery place to paint coffee mugs (cheesy, but should be fun ) I should be okay at dinner, but I know they are serving dessert & coffee at the pottery place. Hopefully it will be cheesecake & dh will eat it (I hate the stuff, dh loves it).
  • If I get decent chocolate, I will eat it one piece at a time, savoring it. If it's crappy, I will bring it here to share.

If I get flowers, someone is going to die as I'm allergic to pollen.
  • I asked my Cute Boyfriend what he wanted for Valentines Day (this is a trick question because I REFUSE to celebrate it) and he smiled at me and said, "A Kiss."

I immediately was impressed and said, "Awwww...."

And then he said, "I didn't say WHERE I wanted the kiss."

He thinks he's funny.