3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   missing in action but not gone! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/246922-missing-action-but-not-gone.html)

April Snow 11-12-2011 09:43 AM

missing in action but not gone!

I haven't been posting here for a bit because I have been sick with a bad infection and strep throat. I'm on some heavy duty antibiotics and have had to go off my very low carb plan and eat carbs in order to tolerate the meds.

I'm up about 5 lbs - I'm not too worried, I know it will come off pretty quickly when I can get back to my plan. But even aside from being sick, I definitely do not like the way I feel eating all of these carbs. Granted, it's hard to separate out being tired from the strep, vs. being lower energy eating carbs, but I am also MUCH hungrier and munchier now so I am assuming at least some of the rest of how I feel is directly related to the food and not just the illness, esp. now that I'm halfway done with the abx.

I am going to try working out today at least, first time in over a week now because I've just been too tired.

I probably won't update all my weekly stuff tomorrow but wanted to say hello and make it clear that I am not disappearing because I am giving up. This is just a temporary blip.

theox 11-12-2011 10:05 AM

:hug:

Take care of yourself!

linJber 11-12-2011 11:12 PM

How you're feeling better soon, April. Those extra pounds will fall off as soon as you're back on plan. Take care of yourself first.

Lin

sassyangies 11-13-2011 09:43 AM

April I hope you feel better. Make yourself a delicious chicken noodle and just relax and get past this sickness. Hope to see you back soon!!

desertmouse2010 11-13-2011 10:40 AM

Hope you get well real soon. :hug:

Sandi 11-13-2011 06:07 PM

Fell better!!

Congrats on winning the October challenge!

April Snow 11-17-2011 03:08 PM

thanks everyone!! I finished up the meds and am back on plan as of today. I have a lot of lost ground to make up (about 10 lbs!) but I know very little of it was a real gain because there is no way I ate that much. So I think it will come off pretty quickly and I'll be back to making forward progress very soon.

And I am just very glad to be back on plan. I definitely did not feel as good as I do while on plan (even aside from being sick).

kylonaa 11-17-2011 04:32 PM

Glad you're back and feeling better! I always enjoy seeing your posts!

linJber 11-17-2011 07:41 PM

April - so glad you're back! I was getting worried about you since I hadn't seen you in any of the usual threads. Glad you're feeling better. You'll be on track again quickly. You're so determined.

Lin

April Snow 11-17-2011 10:41 PM

thanks kylonaa and lin!

It definitely feels good to be back - both back on plan and on 3fc. I thought about logging on here even while I was sick/off plan, but it just made me feel worse when I tried. So I decided to just take a break and when I was ready, to get back to my full routine which includes checking in here.

I was a little nervous that I wouldn't get back in the groove, but I was really SO happy to be back on plan. I feel better physically already after just one day. Maybe the meds but I think it's the food too.

And it's not that I have that "oh, I'm starting a new diet so I'm super committed right now!" feeling. It's more like I am back to being me, and being on my plan is just who I am now. And I am happy being back to my new normal.

April Snow 11-18-2011 08:32 AM

down 2 lbs this morning from 1 day of being back on plan!

Here's hoping the rest of this "fake" weight comes off as quickly! lol!

cathi888 11-18-2011 09:06 AM

Isn't it back to being back to "normal"

April Snow 11-18-2011 11:13 AM

It is SO great being back to normal. I feel better, I slept better, I have more energy. I can't believe there is this much of a noticeable change after just one day!

linJber 11-18-2011 05:58 PM

Amazing, isn't it?

Lin

April Snow 11-19-2011 10:28 AM

thanks Lin!

Yesterday didn't go quite as well - I was 100% OP but didn't feel as good, so I think there was a bit of carb detox going on. Hopefully that's over now and it's on to another good day.

But I was 209.0 on Thursday morning before going back on plan and this morning, down to 204.4. So maybe my goal of being back down to my prior low by month's end is not out of the question!