Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #76  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Oct 31-205.0
Nov 1-204.5
Nov 2-207.5
Nov 3-205.0

Last edited by aka8941; 11-03-2011 at 04:14 PM.
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #77  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

what a clusterfunk of a day yesterday was. My family member with the drama seems to be dragging most of us into it.
So . . . I walked away. I love my family, don't get me wrong, but he is unwilling to take any responsibility for what he's done and has no intentions to change. That's a deal breaker.

Yesterday a co-worker and I went for a brisk walk at lunch, it was really nice. I'm staying off the scale for at least another week simply because I''m eating more now, quantity and quality, so I know that it's going to reflect on the scale before my body adjusts again to the change I've given it.
How hard we are on our bodies before we realize what a gift they are. Maybe that's just me, who knows.

Today, i started off with an eggwhite, spinach and feta wrap, half of one actually, with a banana.
Tonight, it's time for some Bob! Oh how i've missed that man. The 20 minute strength training is just enough to get things pumping before i jump on the treadmill with my text book.

Its so bizarre to me that I KNOW how much better I feel when I work out, yet I still have problems getting myself going. Time to get rid of the defeatest attitude.

I have oodles of reading to do, I think a major factor with me is coming here and interacting with everyone, i've sorely missed that You guys are just awesome, there's no other way to say it
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #78  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Aug 23: 235
Sept 1: 227.8
Oct 1: 215.4
Oct 31: 204.8

01: 203.8 Finally broke the plateau!!!
02: 202.8
03: 202.4

I'll be out of town for a few days so I'll see you all Monday!

Last edited by fyreflie24; 11-03-2011 at 09:46 AM.
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #79  

S/C/G: SW/CW/GW, 274/241.4/125

I'm at 241.4 this morning, ugh!
Hotcocoa8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

First WI after vacation!! 262.6! Apparently I'm up 3 pounds according to the Wii, however when I was weighing in San Francisco I was sitting at 258 on my brother's scale - which would put me up like 4.6 pounds. I always lose weigh in the USA though, I can't drink any coke (my weakness), and I eat less because a lot of foods are too rich! We went out to an italian restaurant and I got penne with veggies in olive oil & garlic, everyone kept commenting on how well I was eating, but in reality I was just trying to avoid getting sick! Anyways, I'm back! Got my day planned out, and all within my calories!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
I always lose weigh in the USA though, I can't drink any coke (my weakness), and I eat less because a lot of foods are too rich! We went out to an italian restaurant and I got penne with veggies in olive oil & garlic, everyone kept commenting on how well I was eating, but in reality I was just trying to avoid getting sick!
Question for Aimee and people that live in other areas (non US)

1) Aimee, why is it you couldn't drink Coke? Is the US Coke different than yours? Maybe your family doesn't drink it?

2) Has everyone noticed that US foods are more rich than where you are?

3) Is there a difference in the serving sizes of foods in the US vs. where you are?

4) Compare a restaurant that we have in common. For example: McDonald's - Is a US Big Mac the same as where you are? Do we have the same size orders of french fries?

5) Does US packaged foods have more crap ingredients in them than where you are? Meaning: MSG, propylene glycol, high fructose corn syrup, etc

Sorry about all the questions. I find all of this stuff very interesting.

DH and I eat very different. He eats a lot of junk food and highly processed foods. He also eats a lot of fried foods, sugar and adds a lot of salt to his food. I eat a lot more vegetables, grilled foods, steamed foods, and don't add much salt to what is already there. He says that my food is bland and has no taste. I totally disagree and find that my food has a lot of taste. I think the difference is that he is used to foods with so much added stuff that something natural doesn't taste right to him.

There was a study done that said people are getting so used to foods being manufactured with sweet, salty and added fake flavorings. It's like the manufactures are having to constantly come out with more and more flavors to keep people satisified. People are in constant search for more flavor. All of these flavors are fake and people are never satisified.

Thoughts?
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #82  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Day to all,

Just got back from volunteering, then lunch with my little lady. One of her friends, a neighbor wanted to eat with us but wouldn't say a word to me, LOL. I can't wait to see his Mom at the bus stop so I can tell her how shy he was. Children are so cute and funny.

Well my weigh in this morning sucked, why because I want MORE. I was only down .2 to 179.4. I though sure it would be more since I got on the scale last night and it said 181.0. I thought yay 178 here I come, but nope. Oh and for the asparagus lovers ... Aldi discontinued the asparagus they carried which was totally sodium free. Well I bought some by Hanover at Bloom and even though it's only 10mg of sodium, I'll tell you I can taste it. It's also very stringy which I hate. Now I know why I didn't eat it after eating only once at my Auntie's as a child, don't do stringy at all.

FutureThoughts I left the first time because I was trying to work outside of the home again, not a good fit for me or us or my weight . I hadn't intended to be gone as long this time as I was and though it was only a couple of weeks it made a big difference. So prayerfully I can soon get back to my exercise and do what I need to do. Sorry school is taking it's toll on you, I hope you can get things all sorted soon so things go smoother for you Oh and I open two windows and refresh the one I'm reading from when I'm done so that I hopefully catch those that are posting with me. Unless we hit send at the same time.

Amanda best of luck with all of your mid-terms, I'm sure you'll do and have done well. I wish we could afford to get my teeth fixed, but I need a ton of work. Good job on kicking that FF to the curb and 2.5lbs gone

Welcome Back Aimee you didn't miss us . Just read up and start with today Wow 32 hours, the longest I've been up is 26 hours and that's because I had to work one night, come and prepare for the tasting party I had (remember last year Oct) then we had the party, it was also hubby's birthday so I didn't get to bed until late ... and the only reason I did then was because I could barely stand up and my speech was slurred from sheer exhaustion. I hope you got/get caught up on your rest. That's really hard on a person. Aimee how long were you gone? 3lbs isn't bad at all and it is probably sodium since you were careful not to overindulge, great job lady

Hi Chloe to the thread

adagio, to 3FC ... you have to be a member for two weeks and have 20 post then you should get a message if I recall re- your signature. Then you can add your ticker under the User CP tab at the top.

Diana .6 isn't bad for your Japanese Dinner Diana my husband use to love overly seasoned foods also, but would never say that what I like it bland. Now he loves the way I cook and talks about others dishes/foods that are over salted or sweetened. I'm glad he came to his senses, hehehe. He still likes a lot of fried foods though, I don't know if I'll ever break that habit, sigh. But two out of three ain't bad

crainjo good job on the 1lb down

oneLess good job on the .2 down .2 here also ... good number better than nothing, right (but I still complained) hehehe Have a great day!

lili good job on the .9 down Great goal, 100 down by Christmas, you can do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondocks View Post
Its so bizarre to me that I KNOW how much better I feel when I work out, yet I still have problems getting myself going. Time to get rid of the defeatest attitude.

... I think a major factor with me is coming here and interacting with everyone, i've sorely missed that You guys are just awesome, there's no other way to say it
Coondocks, Great to see you Sorry about the family member and the drama, you just can't change some people or convince them to change. They have to first see the wrong and admit to it before change can occur. Not sure what their issue is but I'm speaking from my experience and my old mean ways (shaking my head). Great breakfast, I want to start back to eating my zucchini/squash/onion omelets, oh so good. It is crazy how we don't want to workout and yet feel great when we are done, maybe it's the great accomplishment to know we have done our bodies good . I miss the interaction with everyone also, we have some truly great people here

fyre good job on the .4 down, enjoy your weekend

Hi Hotcocoa to the thread

Last edited by love2b150; 11-03-2011 at 05:47 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey all. What a day... WI this morning in the 2s again, bah. I know it's a lack of sleep, plus sodium. The funeral was this morning, lots of crying as you can imagine, but at least there's some closure now. We have the last cultural rites that we'll do at the temple on Saturday. I was going to go into work tomorrow, but a colleague told me that she's got everything under control for the deadline we were working towards, so probably not going until Monday.

Diana
I have to just say that in my experience US sizes are at least triple/quadruple the portion size of what we're used to in our area. Last May when my family drove to Baltimore/Washington for my girlfriend's wedding, we went to a restaurant for lunch. We each ordered a main pasta dish, and while we were waiting got some breadsticks and another app. We didn't even make a dent in that food, it was insane. Hubby's got a bigger appetite than most people, but myself and my parents probably could have shared one dish and still have been stuffed. McDonald's sizes are massive as well! Our small doesn't exist over there, your (USA) small is our medium (or large, depending on the place) And your large doesn't exist over here!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #84  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Rennie - its true, he will never change his ways, almost 40 and still playing the victim, everyone is out to get him. Its the same old story, he never learns and assumes all the help he has been given is owed to him. Yes we help our family out when we can, but that doesn't make you entitled. Its a sad sad mess. It is what it is. I've been taking walks with a co-worker on our lunch break, its so crisp outside it feels nice and makes the afternoons a lot more tolerable ha ha.

Aimee - 3 lbs is not bad at all, and given where you were that's impressive, i would have surpassed that for sure Can't blame you for not mising the Peg though, did you miss the hail/snow/sleet thing we had going?

Diana - That's one of the first things I noticed when I moved from Canada to the US then back again, the portion sizes. They are smaller here even the chain restaurants, it is pretty interesting. I did notice and increase of sugar in a lot of things, i've never been able to drink regular coke, i've always found it too sweet so I'm not sure on that one, but but I got used to asking for half sugar in drinks etc. One other thing I noticed, there are a LOT more fried foods and a lot more butter!!
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #85  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Week 7 Day 2 tonight. TOM looming and exhaustion prevails. It's cliche, but I want ice cream and mashed potatoes with butter. BUT, I don't eat that crap anymore....I have to tell myself this.

Coondocks-"How hard we are on our bodies before we realize what a gift they are. Maybe that's just me, who knows."
Not just you M'lady...mine has been begging me to be kinder to it for a very long time. This inspires me to run tonight...idk why. I'm going to go treat my body.
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #86  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Smile

1. 242.4
2. No Weigh In.
3. 240.2
4. No Weigh In.
5. No Weigh In.
6. No Weigh In.
7. No Weigh In.
8. 242
9. No Weigh In.
10. No Weigh In.
11. 242.4
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. 247
15. 244
16. No Weigh In.
17. No Weigh In.
18. No Weigh In.
19. 245.2
20. No Weigh In.
21. No Weigh In.
22. 245
23. 243.4
24. No Weigh In.
25. No Weigh In.
26. 242.2
27. 243.2
28. No Weigh In.
29. No Weigh In.
30. No Weigh In.

Last edited by VickieLou; 12-01-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Add Information.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #87  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

Hey gang,

I've been MIA for awhile, mostly because I've been without the internet at home. Stupid modem! Stupid cable company! lol

Unfortunately, the scale isn't showing what I would like. I've been off plan for the last couple of weeks and it REALLY shows on the scale. I'm up to 253 from 244 last Saturday. YIKES!! Looking at my intake, about 3 lbs of it is FAT and the rest SHOULD be sodium. We'll see. Back OP today and feeling much better.

For those of you who remember me talking about this mass/lumpy thing on my abdomen, I did get to the doctor and he is sending me for a CT next week. The good news is that he thinks it's a large hernia rather than anything else. But we'll see. I was also diagnosed with PCOS so finally I have some answers to my health issues. Anyway -- Right now I'm holding my breath and dreading the bill that will eventually come. I have decent insurance, but I have $500 of my deductible plus 20% of whatever the test costs. Not looking forward to THAT. LOL

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing a better job of staying OP than I have been. I miss posting here every day and reading about all ya'lls progress.
PghGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #88  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm down 1.6 to 153.4. Buh bye water weight and thanks for takin some of your fatty friends with you!

Rennie - My hubby was put on oxygen after his sleep study and his snoring is much less now.

Aimee - Welcome back, glad you had a good time.

Diana - MY DH and I have the same thing though probably less drastically different. He does like quite a few healthy things, but he tends to add more salt and butter to whatever I cook. I have a friend though that doesn't eat a single healthy thing and says they taste bad. I know it is because he is used to the unhealthy stuff and that he could get used to the healthy stuff if he wanted, but he won't try.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thanks for all the replies to my post. I find it very interesting.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #90  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

So no WI this morning and none planned this weekend -- mandatory office retreat to Huntington Beach!! My evening WI last night was still 213.6 and tonight 215.6 (have not had dinner) -- I'm am going to see what I can manage this weekend, but it will be crazy -- will definitely make it to Farmer's market on the way home Sunday and start the week off right --
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote