Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/272/135

Height: 5'2

Default Vacation in 2 days

Well I already cancelled one vacation due to my weight this year and this one I have to do. I feel so ashamed. I've had months and months to lose weight and didn't. I'm scared about everything from the seat belt not fitting on the plane to sweating in the sun to not being able to keep up with my kids. On top of that we are meeting other family and I'm the only one who is over weight at all never mind 100+ pounds overweight. Thanks for listening, I'm just so anxiety ridden over this.
nikkimw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Well, Nikkimw, what is, is. Just try to lighten up and enjoy. Your family knows you and accepts you for who you are, not for what you weigh. You've made a start and that's what matters.

We tend to get so caught up in losing weight because of a wedding, vacation, reunion, etc., that we forget that we are really losing weight to be healthier for the rest of our lives. Try to keep that in perspective and maybe it will be easier.

Your vacation will pass by whether you enjoy yourself or not. So you might as well make up your mind to have a great time, eat sensibly, and jump right back in with both feet when you get home. Have fun.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/272/135

Height: 5'2

Thanks! That's is wonderful and sensible advice
nikkimw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #4  

Nikki - I've been there - over to Fiji, up to QLd islands, and just at beach holiday homes - so I've struggled with the seatbelt, sweated, and watched whilst others did activities with my kids.
BUT I've also rested, chatted, laughed, swam and snorkled in my plus size swimsuit, eaten and drunk and in general had a wonderful time.
Really don't cancel - you are what you are, and although you are disappointed in yourself, others will just enjoy you for being you.

AND still one of my daughters favourite memories - she was 16 - in FIJI going snorkeling, a motor cruiser with its ladder missing, its so far past embarassing being a 300 pound plus woman attempt to haul herself over the side of a motor cruiser with a random man pulling her arm!!! OK a bit awful at the time, I waited in the water until there was only her behine me to spare others the view, and all the boat had a bit of a laugh- so did I , then everyone moved on to discussing the snorkelling - the fish and coral was breathtaking, and I've have missed all that - worth 10 seconds of embarassment and DD still laughs about it today, in a nice way, says she will always remember it.....and thats not a bad thing, it makes us all smile and laugh.
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Well, Nikki - are you out there? Did you go on the vacation? We need a report.

Mrs. Tea - you made me laugh with your story about getting into the motor cruiser (a boat, I assume?) You just proved my thought that people already know we're overweight - staying out of the fun isn't going to make it less noticeable! We can stay at home and be miserable or join in and have a great time.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote