Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #136  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Rennie - Its not really even a 'brand' name, i picked it up on a whim one day at superstore because it was on sale lol. it's Body Sculpter Aero Stepper. Its not fancy, but it does a good job i think.

Ona - that is a beautiful story about your Dr. I hope you are so so proud of yourself.

Roxy- Many Many more happy years to you and Hubby cheers!!

Angie - OMG Onederland so close I can taste it. An-Gie . . . . An-Gie . . . .An-Gie!!

I know I'm missing so many people, Im having a hard time with this old laptop until I get my netbook back, it's just not making things easy at all and lets admit it, my memory sucks ha ha.
So proud of everyone, loss or gain, we are all sticking to it!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Diana - you really overslept! My goodness, was the sleep in good though?

Kukkie - sorry to hear about your headache, migraines are no fun

Roxy - unfortunately the manager does know, he's just being lazy. I've been so occupied with my work stuff, I didn't notice how you are really pushing through those 150's! Wow! Congrats

Jami - I was wondering where you were!! Welcome back my dear! Sounds like even though you are needing a vacation, you are doing well. Lots of positive things, and some great realizations. Weight loss will slow, but your happiness is what will keep you moving towards your goal. You are a pretty great person yourself 45 pounds gone is a pretty fabulous milestone, and know we are always here wishing you well!

kyalpn - I'm definitely feeling sorry for myself sometimes, but for some reason I'm hanging in there, no comfort foods, well maybe some, but I make room in my calories for it! This is something new for me, normally I let me derail all my exercise/dieting progress. I'm a little proud of me Down 1 pound is pretty great! It's definitely the slow and steady ones that win this weight loss race!

Rennie - thanks for the facebook post, made me smile Down is down! Have you attempted to run again?

aka - I'm still running! I did week 2 day 1 yesterday, and will tackle day 2 on Thursday! how's yours going? And how are you feeling these days? Any better?

Coondocks - sorry to hear thinks aren't "moving", hopefully it isn't anything serious, there isn't much worse than not moving! Yeah the whole work thing is WTF, I haven't really made any final decisions.. I'm doing a different job most of this week so life is easy

Angie - definitely not quitting this one before I have something lined up, which I do.. but my perks at my current job are pretty great, so I'm hesitant to just give them up. So I'm going to push through Christmas, and reassess afterwards. Good numbers, and great WI Time to get back into onederland!

Alright, time for this girl to head to bed! OH - my WI? 259.0. Not bad, not great.

-Aimee
Old 10-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 289/220/189

Height: 6'1"

216 today. hoping sodium from last nights asian dinner.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I went to bed early last night and slept well. I think I am just trying to play catch up from the TTOM insomnia I had last week.

I didn't have any issues with the new coffee yesterday. I still have some of the low acid coffee left. I will probably alternate them until the low acid one is gone.

I bought 2 Mums yesterday and put them at the front of the house. They are really pretty. I also bought a new Fall wreath for the front door a couple weeks back. Still loving the look of the new wreath. I took down the Fall flag and put up the Halloween flag. I am ready for Fall. Hopefully I can keep the Mums alive.

Today is my haircut and dinner at the Japanese restaurant.

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +

Weigh In: 145 (TTOM)

Down: .8

ETA: I forgot to mention something funny that happened yesterday. DH is working on a major project for a customer. DH normally discusses this project in the shop with the customer while showing him how the project is coming along. I have never talked with this customer in person, only on the phone and have never been up close to him. Yesterday this customer came to the shop. DH was on the phone so the customer came into the office. Then DH had to step out and talk with another customer. I was talking with the customer in the office and keeping him busy until DH came back in. Anyways, he asked me if I was "the daughter". THE DAUGHTER! I have had quite a few people think that I am DH's daughter since I have lost weight. I think it's so funny. After the customer left, I told DH about it. He has such a good attitude about all of this. He said "that means you look good". Gotta love him! Then I said "Daddy, can I sit on your lap?"

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-05-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #140  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

251.2 today (down from 253.6 yesterday), which FINALLY brings me to 40 pounds GONE.

VERY EXCITED HERE!!!

Angie - thanks for the tip about the asparagus. It's not my favorite vegetable in the world, but I sauteed it with garlic and lemon juice and it was actually very good. Congrats on the great weigh in yesterday!!!

Aimee - sorry about all the crap you're going through at work. It sounds like a really tough situation. BUT -- you are STRONG and you can make it through. Focus on yourself and the things you can control ... and keep moving forward.

Diana - I'll keep my fingers crossed that your mums make it. Awesome about you being "the daughter" --- love it!!! That's gotta feel great.

Jami - welcome back!! Rest up and take care of yourself. Let me know how you're feeling by next Monday RE: starting C25K. No worries if you aren't. Although I'm a somewhat athletic fluffy gal, I'm still horribly out of shape and can always use the extra time to prep. Anyway, glad to see you back!!

Rennie - Good morning! Your day yesterday looked great!!

AKA - I know what you mean about looking in the mirror and not seeing it. But the numbers don't lie. Eventually, they keep adding up and you'll pass by a mirror and do a double-take. It's hard to notice such gradual changes when you see yourself every day, lol! Keep going!!

Ona - how awesome about your chat w/your doc!!

Sorry for everyone else I didn't list specifically - I'm outta time! Hope everyone has a killer OP day!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

PghGal Congrats on the 40 pounds!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #142  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

I'm here too! I gained 2 lbs in September. 189.4 today. Down .2

This is from my binge free thread this morning. I'll be back at lunch time for personals. Missed you guys!
Things are starting to get better in my world. It got really overwhelming there for a minute. I'm proud to say that I did not turn to food! That has been the most stressed that I think I have ever been. I really felt desperate. Through all of it, I realized that I have HUGE issues with pride and outward appearances. I have swallowed that pride and asked for help....and you know what I got? I got the help that I asked for. It was as easy as just asking for it. It's going to come in steps, but all we do in this life is one step at a time, right?

Anyway, so...no binge. I had to sit with some REALLY uncomfortable feelings and I cried A LOT for 4 days. I felt hopeless, I felt like that were no choices or options, I felt lost. I didn't like ANY of those feelings and I hated how I was acting. I am thankful for it all now that I am on the other side of it. I made it....and I made it without food. It wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination, but I did it.

Today, it teaches me that a binge free life is truly possible for me. There will always be challenges and stresses, it's all in how we handle them. We can let food numb us or we can face it and learn something from all of the pain or anxiety. Then maybe the next time it won't be AS bad.

I slept the entire night without waking for the first time in a month. Today, I don't feel overwhelmed. Today, I feel hopeful.

Day 361 today.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

My rings were tight, and my legs were heavy this morning. Lo and behold I had a 1.2 gain to 198.3. According to an app on my BB, I'm ovulating now, so maybe that's a potential cause? I don't know, I've never really tracked that so it'll be interesting to see next month. In any case, going to do what I have to do.
Going to MIL's for dinner tonight, and you all know how much I hate eating there... will have to get in some extra water while I'm at work. Oh and for the record, the advil and tea really helped yesterday!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #144  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
I slept the entire night without waking for the first time in a month. Today, I don't feel overwhelmed. Today, I feel hopeful.

Day 361 today.
Vixsin I am proud of you. Hang in there.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-05-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Today, I don't feel overwhelmed. Today, I feel hopeful.
I love this! I'm so proud of you for making it through the stressful times without food. You rock!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #146  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm up 1.2 to 158.6, so I'm up 1.6 total from my low. I'm gonna be a fishy today, an asparagus eatin' fishy! We did go out for dinner. We went for Italian. I tried to make better choices than I would have before, but I didn't try to make them be actually on plan. I think 1.2 is not so bad and it could have been much worse (he originally suggested Mexican). I'm just happy that it didn't take me back out of the 150s, now it's time to buckle down and get back to where I should be. C'mere 157. I have an anniversary related NSV too. I can shop at Victoria's Secret. That is an NSV both about my body size (I fit, in medium even) and my mental and emotional state about my size since I would have fit months ago (medium now means large or XL a while back) but I was too scared and had too many issues to even walk in the door (other than to grab my Love Spell).

Jami - I'm lovin' the attitude. While all of us wish we could keep up the loss rate we have when we first start, it's a rare person who does. Are you doing a lot of strength training? If I recall correctly, you are, so make sure you are measuring with a tape measure and not just the scale. I weigh more than any 5'2" chick has any right to weigh and fit into a size 8, and it's because of the weights and other strength training. Congrats on the clothing NSVs.

kyaplan - It is best to stick to one scale for your tracking anyhow, and it doesn't really matter which one because they will all show X amount of pounds lost, so I say use the one that makes you happy.

Coondocks - I was finally able to get to the gym and have some lovely elliptical time and am loving my sore calves, thighs, and hips. Yep, we are sick, sick puppies, lol.

Ona - I love your doctor story, and now I'm all teary eyed. What a sweet, sweet doctor you have to be crying with you!

aka - so glad you're feeling better. You're doing better than me with the C25K, I've had to skip days and just dis W3D1 yesterday. You're doing awesome!

Aimee - Maybe you need to remind the manager that her behavior could end up getting the store, and him since he knows about it and isn't doing anything, in legal trouble if she messes with the wrong person?

Diana - I am so ready to get the Halloween decorations up, gonna hit it this weekend if not before. That's cute about your DH, I'm glad he has a good attitude about it.

Pgh - Congrats on hitting the 40 down mark!

Vixsin - Congrats on not letting life make you turn to food to deal. Hopeful is good. 361 days is awesome! You are awesome!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #147  

Good Morning All!
WI at 237.0 this morning- just .2 up from yesterday, so I consider that holding strong I over indulged last night in sodium laden rotisserie chicken because I was too busy (or lazy?) to cook- plus I am a total salt addict and I use sea salt on EVERYTHING, adding insult to injury...lol. Whats this thing about asparagus I see floating around? Is it supposed to help with water retention? I overslept for the gym this morning but I have a great class to go to tonight, so no worries here. Hoping to see some more downward movement soon though- I've been really good lately!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #148  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Down a little bit this morning, I jumped on teh scale just to see and i was 183.6. So, still no "movement" but I'm getting milk of magnesium brought home for me today so lets hope that helps.
I got in another 30 minutes on the treadmill with an inlcine and threw in some hand weights. It actually took away all of the boredom I ws feeling with it, just doing simple 1 minute intervals of different exercises with the free weights, made the sweat poor out too . . . will have to do that again.

Roxy - We are sick sick puppies ha ha, and I love it!! I haven't got the burn in my calves yet, but I can feel the muscles coming back . . . . the derriere is still not happy with me ha ha. Victorias secret huh? Go on with your sassy self!!!

Vix - I am so proud of you! 361 days is incredible!! I love that you are feeling hopeful, I woke up this morning feeling the same way

Kukkie - I imagine that would make a difference for sure, hormonal changes absolutely affect a weigh in. Good luck with MIL supper, you'll get through it . . . you're a lot stronger than you think

Aimee - Things will get moving eventually, doing what I can. NO harm in waiting until after christmas, loosing perks is a tough one for sure. And, really, it is mature of you to come at it the way you have and give the opportunity for this 'solution' of meetings to try and work.

BBL for everyone else, so much umping around these last couple of weeks its ridiculous.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

crainjo - definitely sodium from last nights dinner! Don't sweat it, drink lots of water and it'll be gone in no time!

Diana - Glad you got a good sleep last night What did the hubby say about the daddy thing? Josh loves to joke about me being a "sugar mommy", I make less than him so I always just laugh. Have a great dinner tonight! I'm hungry and the thought is making my mouth water!

Jess - congrats on 40 pounds lost!! When are you planning to start C25K? Join us! Sounds like a horror movie line.. I'm doing week 2 right now, it's tough, but we are all tougher

Vixsin - asking for help can be the hardest thing, glad you did it though! We all need help from time to time. Congrats on staying binge free

Kukkie - is that app helpful for you? I always think about getting an app for that, but I just forget! Sorry about the gain, stay strong, it'll be gone in no time!

Roxy - Sorry about your gain, enjoy the water and asparagus today! Great NSV on Victoria's Secret, both mental and physical I have a new plan for the work thing, I'm going to go into the next meeting with the store manager and my dept manager with an open mind, I'm going to be calm and emotionless just as the store manager suggested, and when she just sits there and doesn't respond, I'm going to point that out to him. He clearly doesn't remember that she shuts down, and if I'm going in to open up and work on things and she's not.. kind of says it all. And when he doesn't say/do anything about that - I'm going to the district manager, and when he does nothing, I will go to HR. I'm going to be respectful, follow my chain of command, and make sure I'm very calculated and record everything! If all else fails I'll key her car

I am off to shower, I will bbl hopefully with my WI! Depending on how slow I move it might be later tonight!

-Aimee
Old 10-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #150  

Aimee - it's designed to track TOM, and I got it after I went off the BCP. I can't tell you how handy it's been, without it I'd totally lose track of when TOM is coming! Everytime you enter in that TOM has arrived and ended, it automatically calculates your average cycle and tells you when you should expect the next one. Love it! Totally worth the $2.99 for the deluxe version, which tells me about ovulation, allows me to track moods, etc.
Closed Thread