3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   NSV - treated myself to new undies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/243315-nsv-treated-myself-new-undies.html)

April Snow 09-18-2011 02:38 PM

NSV - treated myself to new undies!

It wasn't hitting a specific goal, just that I got tired of the baggy undies!!

So for $10 at Target, I got 2 packs of undies that fit properly and the rest are going bye-bye. And for that price, in a couple of months, I can do it again when I go down another size!

konfyoozed 09-18-2011 02:42 PM

i love getting new undies and tossing out the old baggy ones! yay for you!

aka8941 09-18-2011 02:52 PM

Awesome! Next stop, victoria's secret!

Wyllowbelle 09-18-2011 03:00 PM

oooh!!! One of my very favorite things are cute underthings that make me feel sexy/cute. Yay for new chonies! (that's what we call underwear in our house).

Woot!!!!

-Kiki

free1 09-18-2011 05:14 PM

I thought I was the only one who would be excited about dumping the granny panties that I currently wear. My kids insist on helping with the laundry. My daughter picked up my undies and asked..."is this a shirt?" :)

The thing is that I know they make cuter undies in my size. My negative self talk won't let me buy them (I keep thinking how silly my thunder thighs will look in the cutesy boy shorts I saw in Lane Bryant).

Congrats to you!!!

Beverlyjoy 09-18-2011 07:04 PM

It's awesome to get new undies!!! Enjoy!

linJber 09-18-2011 08:24 PM

Congratulations - baggy underwear stinks. I'm 60. I wear old lady underwear. Hipsters or bikinis look ridiculous to me and feel even worse. Fortunately, I also wear old lady "mom" jeans that come to my waist! But I do love buying new undies that fit. Good for you.

Lin

April Snow 09-18-2011 08:40 PM

thanks all!!

And, perfect timing to prove that I did the right thing, I just got a call from a charity that will be collecting donations in my neighborhood next week. I already tossed the ones that were over the hill but had some that were fine, just too big. So now I have a lot of incentive to fill up a whole big bag of too big clothes!

runningfromfat 09-18-2011 09:14 PM

Just curious, how in the world did you find the right size? I seriously have no clue what size to buy and my underwear are massively huge at the moment! :lol:

April Snow 09-18-2011 09:30 PM

I was wearing 10s which were huge, but I had some 9s which were just a little big so I just bought 8s. once I thought about the fact that it's only $10 for a dozen pair, I didn't worry as much about it. I know these will fit MUCH better than what I have now, but it's not a big deal to replace them again in 2-3 months.

Aletheia 09-19-2011 07:55 PM

Awesome NSV!

Congrats!

I love buying fun and sexy underwear. One of the big splurges I'm planning for when I achieve and maintain my goal weight is a shopping spree at LaPerla.