...annnd I'm back.

• I have to admit that sitting down writing this, I feel more ashamed than empowered.

I've been on this site on and off again since sometime in 2009. During that time, I've lost. And gained. And lost. And gained again.

I'm sick of it. I just graduated college, and now I'm back up to just about 210 pounds. Since I was wayyy younger, I've told myself that I would lose the weight by (x) academic milestone: I'll lose it by the time I get to high school! I'll lose it by high school graduation! I'll lose it by freshman year of college!

Now I'm all out of milestones and not any thinner, really. I realized that if I'm going to really lose weight, I have to stop waiting for milestones and just...go for it.

I guess I have to let go of the shame and be proud of myself today for taking that first step toward really doing this, right?
  • Exactly! Welcome back. Just jump in with both feet - the only thing you have to lose is the weight! Make TODAY the milestone and then every TODAY will be the best it can be.

Lin
  • Oh, you got a few milestones left.

Wedding?
    30th birthday?

Today - the day you committed to losing weight.
  • Glory- I meant academic milestones, which was (for some reason) always what I went by.

But you ladies are both right...I guess all that matters is TODAY and my decision to actually stick with this. Thank you for the kind words!
  • Great - you'll find a lot of support in this particular forum. I think the 100 pound club is the most active forum in 3FC. There are lots of challenges and lots of friendly people. Start today, milestone or not. If you don't, you'll regret it tomorrow. No better time than RIGHT NOW to join us. Welcome aboard.

Lin
  • Welcome back and please don't ever feel ashamed.
  • Welcome back! yes, today is all that matters. That you committed to making healthy changes. We are here to support you!

(I have been there, done that myself and I'm sure many others have too...I finally decided that it was time to just do it already!)
  • welcome back!! don't worry about the "I should have done it by X date" because it just matters that you are here and working on it!
  • Thank you all for the encouragement! I'm super grateful to have stumbled into such an awesome support network.
  • Oh puh-lese...do you know how many times all of us have gained and lost weight? It's as common as...well, I can't think of a proper metaphor, but it's common haha. I've been all the way down to 135 and all the way up to 260 many times in my life.

You can do this, we all can do this! Let's just make it our last time

Welcome back!!!!
  • Welcome Back......Don't measure your strength by the times you "fall"...Measure it by how many times you've gotten up! So many people have never "gotten" up.

I'm almost 39 and never had the strength to really go for it while you're young! Hats off to you for at least trying to be healthier....I didn't for almost 4 decades (okay 3 1/2).

BIG SMILES TO YOU TODAY.....