Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #31  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

yes, I think there really is going to be something magical about a weight starting with a 1. I have clothes in my closet that don't fit yet. I have no conscious memory of being below 200 even though I guess I must have been for that clothing to fit.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Magical for sure! I can't wait to start buying smaller clothing and wearing some of the things I have in my closet too.

Lin, thanks for bumping this post by the way...I needed a Day of Greatness reminder. Today I felt good enough to walk and did so for 40min. I could've probably gone longer, but I'm wondering if I should simply try for faster next time? Something to ask on the exercise boards maybe. My wedding ring is starting to slide about on my finger and I feel/look thinner on my chin. I have to focus on those small things! Anyway...GREAT day today!!
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Well, our week of greatness has almost turned into a month of greatness! I'm trying to stay focused on eating what I know I should without obsessing about every meal.

Saturday was the 5K that a group from my gym participated in. I walked the whole way, but it was fun. One day of greatness in October.

Yesterday one of my young fiends and her family had a birthday party for their 3 youngest kids - the 3 birthdays are just a few days apart. It was a "cowboy party" and we had cowboy food! The party was fun - we wore kerchiefs and cowboy hats and called each other "pardner" and said "yippee" and "yeehaw" a lot. The chili and baked beans were great! There was salad, too, so I was sure to eat that first to fill up a little. And there was baked chicken and the best mac and cheese.

I took it easy at lunch because I knew I'd have lots of choices at supper. It is definitely getting easier to make the right choices. I never wanted to follow a diet plan because I hate being told what I can or can't do and that's how I'd see it, so I just opted to eat fewer calories and cut out the stuff that's bad. I think 9 months of that really helped make the right "cowboy" choices!

So October has started out with 2 days of greatness. Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 10-03-2011 at 08:24 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #34  

OK - let's get back to a week (or a day or hour or 5 minutes) at a time. I liked this thread because it allows us to realize that the rest of our lives is really just a whole string of small chunks of time.

I'm trying for a day of greatness today. That means on plan eating, lots of water, some exercise, and a great attitude all around. Attitude first, then the rest will follow. And maybe the living room will get straightened up in the process!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 11-03-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #35  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

I am also going to start following this plan again. I started well, then the surgery, then the vacation. I have my first 5k in a week and a half, Physically my goal is complete it in under an hour. I run/walk every other day and feel I can do this. Last night I completed it in 52 minutes, but know the actual race will be a different route than I am used to.

Today, I can have one day of greatness. I need to stay from the extra food.
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #36  

You can do the race in under an hour, I'm sure, Cathi! I don't run AT ALL and I walked a 3K a month ago with a group from my gym in about 50 minutes. It might be a different route than what you're used to, but you will be in "competition mode."

Let's all just be great today in some way - even if today is the day the best we can do is a great attitude.

Lin
Old 11-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #37  
Dukanista

My week started yesterday - one day of greatness down!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #38  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

I need to do this too. It's been a rough month. I haven't been horribly off-plan but we've been eating out more than normal. I haven't lost anything this month so far (and TOM is right around the corner so i doubt it's going to happen either) but I have lost some inches, so that's good at least. I really need to just work on being on-plan 100% so here's to a week of greatness.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #39  

Hey, everybody1 I missed this thread! I had a weekend that was far from greatness, but it was fun! LOL. I had company for the weekend. My cousin's son goes to college about 15 miles from me and she came up to see him swim and then spent the weekend with me. We spent lots of time together in our younger days when we had more time to spend! Kids get in the way of some of that, but now they are all pretty much on their own and we plan to do this more often. We went shopping and found a couple yarn stores about 50 miles from here and went to lunch and to supper and sat around and talked. As much fun as we could have! So I've been eating like I did when I was trying to lose for the last few days. By my new rule, I'm not supposed to weigh in until the first Wednesday in December, but I think I won't be able to skip the scale next Wednesday to close out the Thanksgiving challenge. We'll see if going way off plan for a couple days followed by getting pretty strict for a couple days works for maintaining.

Let's keep our "week" going through the holidays. I do WAY better if I feel like I'm answering to someone.

Lin
Old 11-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I definitely need to kick myself in the rear and push for one solid week on-plan with healthy eating, exercise, and no treats.

I started losing weight in an ideal situation, with plenty of free time and in control of everything I ate. Fast forward to this summer, when I moved in with my muscular boyfriend. He eats like a horse and brings home "treats" several times a week: sandwiches loaded with cheese and thick (oh so delicious ) bread plus potato or pasta salad, chocolate milk and candy bars, alcohol every so often. He's tall and muscular and can afford to eat piles of food and have a treat every so often but I cannot! At least not like I've been allowing myself to indulge.

I have to put my foot down and just say no this week so I can get back on track. I feel myself slipping and becoming addicted to flavored drinks and sugar again. I'm disappointed I missed my Sept goal and if this bad behavior keeps up, I'll miss my New Years goal too.

I can do this!

Last edited by Riesz; 11-19-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #41  

Good job in keeping things in perspective, Riesz. At least you know what you need to do! So many times we don't. You've accomplished so much. Just keep the end goal in sight and you'll do fine. It certainly is a lot harder when the routine gets changed up.

Here's to one week! We should be able to do anything for one week, right? then we can choose another week, or day, or hour.

Lin
Old 11-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #42  
June

Ok, I need to restart my week of greatness today, ugh! DH picked up cookies at the store yesterday and I had too many last night. At least I got a ton of walking in yesterday and an hour long swim so I think it's probably a wash but I'm still annoyed with myself. We talked about it and agreed NO MORE COOKIES. He's been going through a rough time and has started turning to food more again but he wants to lose weight too so we're trying to work on that because it affects both of us.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #43  
Dukanista

I got in a couple more days of greatness and in the 3 days since I've been back on plan, I've managed to knock off 5.2 of the 10.2 I gained!

I have a couple of super stressful days coming up but hoping to get back to daily workouts after that so I can finishing kicking that 5 lbs to the curb and then get started back in with forward progress!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I did alright over the weekend, which is usually very difficult to stay on-plan since I eat every meal with my boyfriend and he often wants to go out.

My only splurges were having a bit of maple syrup on homemade whole wheat pancakes, having breakfast out yesterday and eating a small portion of fried potatoes, and having a large soft pretzel while out at the farmers' market.

Overall, not too bad I think. Did plenty of walking on Saturday but today was sorta a lazy Sunday. Gonna get back out walking 3-4 miles tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Major goals this week:
-Walking 3-4 miles for at least 5 days
-Drinking plenty of water daily
-Eating a salad everyday, even if just a small one
-Drinking a cup of tea everyday, preferably green
-No candy or sugar substitutes (partially because I have a sneaking suspicion the substitutes are causing headaches and want to see if avoiding them causes improvement!)

If I can learn to eat responsibly again, I'll start planning treats into my diet occasionally but right now I need to break the cravings cold turkey so hopefully this strict week helps!

Last edited by Riesz; 11-21-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #45  
June

Riesz and April- congrats on getting in a few good days under your belts!

Yesterday was a really good day. Got in a workout and my eating was spot on too. Here's hoping I can keep it up all week.