3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Baby Steps: Just One Week of Greatness (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/242489-baby-steps-just-one-week-greatness.html)

Curvaliscious 09-08-2011 10:15 AM

Lin, that's because I've been stuck at 228 for forever and it's just killing me to put that out there. For me , right now, I need to see the number because I'm not feeling lighter even though I'd lost the weight equivalent to a toddler. :) No one else needs to put their weight our there, for Lin is right, a Day of Greatness can be more about what's on the scale. If you walked/exercised or ate well and FEEL good about that, then that's enough!

But for me..I need to face the number.
Starting Weight for DOG: 228

Yay, Cathi!! Hanging it on the mirror is a great idea!

Curvaliscious 09-09-2011 12:59 AM

DAY3 of Greatness: Cranky morning threatened to ruin the day, but I logged everything and planned ahead. Didn't walk, but plan on doing so tomorrow!

linJber 09-09-2011 08:13 AM

Good morning, Curvalicious. I really do understand our connection to the number on the scale. It sets my mood all too often. I hate it when it doesn't move or goes up when I KNOW it was OP to the letter. But that happens. As long as the trend is downward, I'm good. Even staying the same can be OK. I've finally come to realize that this is the way I have to eat FOREVER. This is not a diet. If I don't eat this way, weight will come back on. So maintaining for a while is good. It shows we can do it. It's also frustrating because we just want to see results.

I re-read your original post. You really do have the right attitude. I hope you have another Day Of Greatness today. Stick with it for one more day, and then again tomorrow just like you said. And next Monday we'll start week 2 of greatness. You're doing great in the attitude department. That's 90% of the battle.

TGIF! LOL

Lin

April Snow 09-09-2011 08:21 AM

keep going you guys! I love the idea of this - one day of greatness at a time is the way we all get where we need to be!!

Curvaliscious 09-12-2011 03:23 PM

Day 6: Just got through walking and have lunch and dinner all planned out! I took a peek at the scale (weigh in is tomorrow) and I"m down a pound. I'll take it. It wasn't a perfect week and stress got in the way of a couple of days, but didn't bring me down. I'm going to need energy and strength to deal with a pre-teen boy! OK, and lots of prayer. :) So it's not a matter of if I walk, but when each day.

Can't wait to hear how everyone's week is going!

linJber 09-12-2011 09:22 PM

I hope you have an even better loss on WI day. I weigh every day but only log in or change my ticker on Wednesday. Never had to deal with a pre-teen boy (at least not since I was a pre-teen girl!) so I feel for you. Hope all goes well.

I've been pretty focused this week, so the days of greatness continue. My high school class is having a 60th birthday party on Saturday. Not that anyone will remember my weight from the last reunion (7 years ago.) I just want to be closer to my HS weight when I go. I'm about 20 pounds heavier than I was at 18 - but that doesn't seem so bad anymore!

Lin

Curvaliscious 09-18-2011 11:34 AM

Haven't forgotten about my Day of Greatness attitude. I'm just not so great about writing on here every day. I lost 3 pnds this last week after adding exercise and even eating a bit more food! Already making a plan for tomorrow's day of greatness!

How is everyone doing?

April Snow 09-18-2011 02:35 PM

great job Curvalicious!!

I have been amazed to see what a change really focusing on exercise does. I haven't changed my eating at all (was staying on my plan already) but since Sept 1, I have been exercising for at least 20 minutes a day every day, and it's usually 30+. And since Sept 1, I have lost 9 lbs. Crazy!!! But I think not a coincidence!!

linJber 09-18-2011 08:16 PM

Great job. BTW - I love that this week of greatness began 13 days ago - LOL Let's keep it as a never ending week, or simply a symbol of the baby steps you put in the title of your thread.

I had a day of greatness yesterday, too. It was my HS class's 60th birthday party. There was soooo much food. But I was able to enjoy the company of friends from the past and eat like a thin person with no real difficulty. I don't see many of these people since I've lived 120 miles away from where I grew up since shortly after we graduated. Only 1 or 2 of them realized I'd lost a lot of weight. But the best part was that no one seemed to have difficulty recognizing me. If I hadn't lost the weight, I would have been the largest woman there, by far. That hit home in a big way and made it all the easier to stay away from the snack table. But I do have to say, the jalapeno popper cheese dip that Mary Lee made called my name more than once and I answered! It was very good!

Hope everyone has another day or week of greatness. I love this thread!

Lin

Curvaliscious 09-18-2011 09:24 PM

Ha! Well, the point was for me to think using smaller goals. So I will continue my days and weeks of greatness and I"ll try and check in more regularly!

Lin, that's great that you did so well are your reunion! Even better than some recognized you and your great accomplishment! I saw a recipe for that jalapeno popper cheese dip. Yum!

April, that's awesome! I'm planning on walking around the neighborhood tomorrow. Can't wait!

linJber 09-19-2011 11:16 PM

April - great job on adding regular exercise. I find that it is easier to stay on plan if I exercise. Maybe you just don't want to "blow" the physical exertion by eating poorly.

Curve - (hope you don't mind the shortening of your name) I do very well with small goals, too. While I am a believer in jumping in with both feet, I think short term goals that are able to be achieved work best for long term results.

Hope tomorrow is great for everyone.

Lin

linJber 09-28-2011 06:04 PM

I'm bumping this up to the top again in case anyone needs a week of greatness right now. I'm always up for a day or week of greatness, so I didn't want to lose this thread completely.

Curve - I know you have been under the weather. Hope you're feeling better by now.

Lin

Curvaliscious 09-29-2011 12:59 AM

Thanks! Still not feeling great, but trying to plan ahead on my eating. Not being super consistent though. Hoping I perk up tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing? :)

April Snow 09-29-2011 07:26 AM

just two days left to finish my 30/30 month of exercise. It's been hard and definitely a few days where I wanted to say forget it, but once I got to about 15 days or so, I didn't want to stop after accomplishing so much. So now I've got to finish strong - although I am trying to convince myself that it will be ok if I don't work out every day until the end of the year! lol! I mean, I could, but I don't want to put THAT much pressure on myself.

However, I think I will probably keep going until I hit Onederland because I do not want anything to stop my progress right now! So I'll be going for however many additional days of greatness that takes.

linJber 09-29-2011 07:39 AM

Curve - hope today is better.

April - I know what you mean. Getting to Onderland is a big deal. There are so many things that happen at that point. It seems like 199 is so much less than 201 because of the "1" in front. I think we start to think of ourselves as "chubby" instead of "fat" at that point, regardless of our height. It is a huge psychological boost. Exercise every day is great, but the world doesn't end if we skip a day every once in a while.

Here's to one more day of greatness.

Lin