Old 08-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #1  

Default Weight loss anxiety

Sometimes the thought of losing weight or not being fat makes me incredibly anxious. Has anybody else experienced this? I DESPERATELY want to lose weight and I think about it a lot, but somehow the thought of being normal sized or even getting down to my previous low weight gives me knots in my stomach. Why is it so scary for me to comprehend weight loss and how can I stop the self sabotage? I just want to be normal and healthy!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Size 24

Height: 5'4

I'm not scared of being thin. I'm scared of getting thin and then getting fat again. I'm not even close to my goal weight and I'm already worried about it.

I don't know why I've sabotaged myself all these years either. Weight is something that we can technically control. I don't know why I felt/feel that I don't deserve to be thin and happy? In my case... I think it's just an addiction. I like Food and Eating. I like the taste of Food I can't explain it any other way.

I do have to admit... Now that I've cut out 99% of the processed foods and BAD carbs... I find it so much easier to stick to the diet. The "cravings" have almost disappeared. Almost.

Good Luck!

Karen
karen Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/130/108

Height: 5' 4"

Maybe being big is comfortable and almost like a shield to the outside?
I'm so scared of becoming fat again. I will probably live my life worshiping the scale from now on.
seemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

When I was 272 my anxiety and fear came from being really overwhelmed by the amount I needed to lose. I was so intimidated by that! Also, I had been overweight or morbidly obese for almost my entire life so I really couldn't imagine anything else.

Don't let these fears stop you from achieving your goals!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Change is scary!

My mother has your same fears.

In her case, she uses her weight as a shield or barrier or excuse or whatever you want to call it.

"I'm fat, therefore I can't/don't want to/won't/no one will expect/ask things of me." "It keeps me safe and insulated from the big bad scary world." Trouble is, it really doesn't.

She's lost considerable amounts of weight several times, but always gains it back with a vengeance.

Beyond that, it's totally wrecked her health. She's now non insulin dependent diabetic, bad knees, bad hips, bad feet, on oxygen at night, bouts of cellulitis, 3 stints in her heart, had to have her gall bladder out, eyes going to heck because of the diabetes, and on and on.

Thing is life will always be life, whether you are fat or thin. Some days will be good and some will be bad.

Being heavy will not save you from life, but thin won't either. Personally, though, I'd rather do it thin/healthy. There are a lot of things I would have never done, or wouldn't be able to do if I were heavy.

Don't give up!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #6  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

I get REALLY nervous about loose skin and gaining the weight back ofcourse im also far from my goal but those things always bother me. I think alot about if i have loose skin then ill have to take out a loan and get surgery and it really creeps me out but you wont know until you get there. My only advice would be to try to sit down and make a list of what triggers your anxiety and then right why you think it triggers it and what you can do to prevent it from happening again
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

it's all part of the process, thinking of yourself in a different way, having a different 'role' in the lives of your friends & family - of NOT being the fat funny one all the time, not being 'invisible' anymore, it can be a lot to take in and handle. Sometimes the change is too overwhelming so we subconsciously sabotage our own efforts and blame it on "oh i'm addicted to food I can't help it" type of stuff, anything but looking at the REAL issues inside our own little twisty brains! weight loss is 99% mental, for those of us with 100+ pounds to lose/have lost. If you ignore the inside, the outside will only get so thin, stay so thin, etc., before that mighty grey matter takes over!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #8  
Determined N Unstoppable

S/C/G: 323/190.5/143

Height: 5'7"

I feel the same way in the back of my head! I try to fight the inner voice that is negativity and look beyond "what if negatives" and find the "what if positives" in each.
I find myself asking my sweetie if there is something on my face or clothing if I catch someone looking at me for longer than a second ... I still have the why would they be looking at me thoughts.
Anyway I have tried daily affirmations, fake it til you make it etc and have faith that my head WILL get out of my way Eventually
mybestme is offline   Reply With Quote