3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Non-Scale Related Victories (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/24178-non-scale-related-victories.html)

Daners 01-25-2003 05:22 PM

Non-Scale Related Victories

Okay gang, this journey we are on as we all know is not an overnight deal. Some weeks it's hard to stay focused or dedicated to the journey if the scale is not in our favor--and it happens. So, I was reading on the WW 100+ board and people post victories that are other than those of the scale variety.

So anyway, I thought it would be fun to have such a thread here, because, it's kind of nice to be able to share things like changes in clothing sizes, comments from others and stuff like that. So what do you think?

gonzostar 01-25-2003 07:49 PM

one that made me feel good was seeing my dad. i don't visit him often, and when he saw me about a week ago, he insisted that i must have lost weight. i just smiled and said "i'm working on it. thanks."

i sitll have a LOOOOOONG way to go. but i like to think people are noticing.

rochemist 01-25-2003 08:05 PM

This one is going to sound awful, but I had a guy at Target today do a full on gawk of me (with his wife and kids!). I am sure he got beat shortly after. But its been awhile and it made me feel good! LOL!

Miss Chris

Daners 01-25-2003 08:37 PM

I was complimented on my style the other day by someone who I thought never really noticed me. Said that my clothes always look so cute. Made me feel really good.

bella23 01-25-2003 10:09 PM

One of my employees pulled me to the side to tell me that she thought I looked like I had lost weight. I felt so proud, lol.

Bella23

suzie76 01-26-2003 07:31 AM

clothing related nice moment!

Hi,

I bought pants in a smaller size :) I cannot remember the last time I had to do that! It felt SO good-the jeans I had were hanging around my waist! Yippeee!!!!

I also bought two shirts in the regular, not plus department at Jc Penney. Okay, they were XL, but it still felt really good! The selection is so much better.

Sherry

snowball1 01-26-2003 10:17 AM

I'm fitting into the skirt I was wearing the day I met my husband. :) It feels great to wear it!

Jennelle 01-26-2003 12:41 PM

My "teacher fat" is disappearing. (For those of you unfamiliar with "teacher fat," it's that stuff under your arms that jiggles when you write on the board. :lol: )

Raelynn 01-26-2003 01:32 PM

lol Jennelle

I no longer shop at plus size stores because everything is too big. It feels awesome to walk into a normal clothing store and be able to try on pants and shirts that I know will fit. :)

Nic251 01-27-2003 02:59 PM

I can finally wear my wedding ring again!!!!!:cool: :D :smug: I haven't been able to wear it since July, when I was 6 months pregnant! It is still tight, but I can get it on, and off, without worrying about it getting stuck. :lol:

Nicole
272/265.5/160

snowball1 01-28-2003 11:10 AM

My BMI has went from a 45 (ack!) to 30.4. :)

muelledk 01-28-2003 11:33 AM

I went to the Gap and actually bought a size L shirt (ok, it was on sale, but I didn't think that it would really fit, more of a wishful thinking, good bargain that I couldn't pass up and figured I'd give away as a birthday gift) but it really did fit, and nicely too! I also bought a pair of size 16 pants (for $4- I have to brag, such a great deal). They are still too tight, but the go on, and they zip all fo the way up, so hopefully that will motivate me to start losing again!

rochemist 01-29-2003 08:10 PM

I made some Turkey goop and not only does it taste good, its low fat, low calorie and has lots of veggies!

Miss Chris

gonzostar 01-30-2003 12:20 AM

goop? that doesn't sound so good......

:p

Sandi 01-30-2003 10:23 AM

Yes, Miss Chris - Turkey goop does not sound good. Can you explain?? :D