Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #1  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Im Alive .. . .

its been what 3 weeks since i've posted, give or take.

Well, its been an interesting, eye opening few weeks no doubt.
Started before I went to a family reunion by being taken out of work by ambulance . . . . thankfully nothing serious, but not a good way to find out you're hypoglycemic and anemic.. I had basically been regulating everything myself with my diet and eating pattern, with the stress of a down pour at work, first big road trip with Jack, seeing family i hadnt seen in 14 years, my pattern changed and I fainted 2 times within 5 minutes. I work with a lot of nurses, my mother is a nurse of 30+ years and I happen to work with a friend of hers. I wasn't about to argue the trip in the ambulance. No lights and not even a hot paramedic, sheesh!!

So after that my grandfather who is in his mid 80s and showing signs of dimensia disapeaered for a few hours, he went for a walk and didn't come home for over 6 hours. He doesnt remember where he went, he thought he was gone for an hour at the most. So much of my time has been spent changing things in their home for him, setting up an emergency phone he can carry that has GPS and an emergency button that calls 5 of us with the push of one button. Its a start I suppose.

The reunion was great, the food . . . NOT. I was told there would be lots of fresh fruits, veg, lean meats and I wouldnt need to pack my own for the week. Lesson learned, my fathers idea of 'fresh' and lean . . . not mine. I ate horribly, Jack did alright, he loves PB & J and there was lots of that, lots of berries for him, milk etc. I was happy about that.
We even went on a 2 mile up hill hike, my little trooper made it all the way to the top and then decided he was taking a nap bless him. I carried him down and in the process injured my shoulder again. Im still recovering from that.
I looked at the pictures that were taken, I'm pleased with how i"ve changed

Well, next comes my cousin visiting from Alberta, and my God we partied like we were 18 again (which was the last time save the reunion that we had seen eachother) and i"m still paying for it now.

I"ve put on weight, I know I have. I can feel it and i'm not comfortable with it.
I usually weigh in daily and have not since i saw 179 back on the scale. I am focusing on my nutrition again, that's the begining. I've been to the farmers markets, bought a ew roasting pan and I'm ready to rock this!!

I've picked up rollerblades as well since I can push Jack in his jogging stroller on them, he loves going fast, i love the workout i feel on my legs, its really important to find things you love, and I'm realizing what I love, is being outside. And Autumn is coming, I freaking love it!!

So, that's the condensed version. Im alive, bloated, bruised and a little bit of extra padding, but I'm not staying here long. I've got my reading to do for school, I"m learing a lot and i'm loving it.

Big hugs to the messages and the concerns for where I was, makes a girl feel really great to know you're missed!!!
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

You've been busy! Glad you're doing okay.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome back! Family trips and get togethers kill my diet, too, that is a common phenomenon on here. The good news is that you are back and focusing on nutrition sounds like a marvelous idea. I look forward to seeing more of you around here again
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #4  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! Sounds like a wild ride you've been on. I'm happy that you are refocused and ready to rock it again. You'll blow away that party weight in no time...there will be a lot of water to that.

The rollerblades are an awesome idea. I wish Cam was small enough for a stroller still. I was trying to coax him out onto our bikes today, but he's just not that into it. I'll have to try again next summer I guess.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

Coondocks - glad you are ok, Welcome back!

Life happens, and sometimes we stay on plan and sometimes we do not. The important thing right now is to get back on track. The important thing is to learn from it and keep on moving forward. I am sure some of the weight is water weight...so hopefully that will woosh right off soon.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #6  
If you wanna Rock It . .

some of it has already come off, the jeans i had that got too tight, are now wearable again

I think in an odd way i needed this, it just showed me exactly how important the nutrition aspect is of weight loss, yo really cant out exercise bad eating.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Coondocks!! My first day back in 2 weeks as well! Fall is coming? Are you sure? It's going to be HOT HOT HOT today!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #8  
If you wanna Rock It . .

Aimee . . . .shush . . . .. I don't like the heat, i want fall weather, with colour and pumpkns . . . and cute sweaters