3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I battled the monkey yesterday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/241202-i-battled-monkey-yesterday.html)

cathi888 08-19-2011 08:33 AM

I battled the monkey yesterday

I fought the monkey on my back yesterday and WON!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday and we were going out for dinner. I knew I had to stay OP all day and I could do it.

The monkey told me on the way home from work, since I already was off plan from lunch, I should just have a little Frosty from Wendys. I was so ready to do it, when I realized, he was lying to me. I was not off plan even a little bit. I packed a lunch and ate it at my desk, so, I crushed him to the passenger seat put his buckle on and duck taped his mouth.

I cannot believe my subconscious was so desperate for a treat, that it would lie to me. I can't believe I almost fell for it. I am so glad I started journaling everything I eat in a little notebook, so I could look back and prove to myself that I was ok.

Now, looking back on this, I realize I might be turning a little obsessive and crazy, but whatever works. lol

hpnodat 08-19-2011 10:18 AM

I hate that freaking monkey! IF I could just get my hands around his little neck...

Be proud, be proud! Congrats!

Sophronia 08-19-2011 10:59 AM

So sweet of you to buckle him in!

My monkey sort of won last night. He told me that I could have just one cookie. I couldn't. Then he told me that since I blew it, I was really incapable of making consistently good decisions for the rest of my life, I should just accept that I was choosing from being fat and deprived and being fat and indulgent. That monkey is so not my friend. So I told him to shut up so I could sleep. And he didn't really, and I didn't fall asleep until 2:30, but I didn't continue to listen to him either.

So glad you took him down! It's possible to beat him down after you've listened to him once, but it's harder. (And one of the monkey's secret tricks is telling you that going off plan once means that you can continue to be off plan indefinitely. He's full of tricks. So yay for not going off plan at lunch. But if you had, that Frostie still would not have been your friend.)

Lovely 08-19-2011 11:18 AM

Way to go! Keep that monkey in his place! Duct taped and strapped down. :lol:

KatMarie 08-19-2011 11:30 AM

Congrats for shutting him up!!
My monkey has turned into a gorilla...a silverback...and he's mean.

Skinny in Oz 08-19-2011 11:36 AM

Congratulations on defeating the

http://www.ffcars.com/photopost/data...vil-monkey.jpg

(Do you suppose he is the reason my car sometimes drives itself to my ex-favorite fast food places when I'm not even hungry??)

PreciousMissy 08-19-2011 01:14 PM

Boy that monkey gets around!

Good job for reminding him who the boss is!!!

Gale02 08-19-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMarie (Post 3997293)
My monkey has turned into a gorilla...a silverback...and he's mean.

:rofl:

WAY TO GO Cathi!! Getting hold of that defeating self-talk is one of the hardest things about weight loss, you're awesome!!

Madame Souza 08-19-2011 09:55 PM

Loved your post and your victory. You described it so well.

mybestme 08-20-2011 12:13 AM

Awesome .... Congrats! :D

linJber 08-20-2011 01:58 AM

Great job. And even if the darn monkey had been right about being off plan at lunch, he still deserved to be tied down and taped up because one mistake doesn't have to ruin a day. Glad you saw his lies and took control.

Lin

blueheron777 08-20-2011 08:07 AM

I loved, loved, loved the monkey story. Especially the part about strapping him in and duct taping his mouth shut! I will keep that image in my head in the future when I am tempted to eat something that is not on plan.

You have given all of us another weapon in our fight to eat right!

ilbnej 08-20-2011 07:34 PM

First - Congratulations! Quite a triumph!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathi888 (Post 3996941)
Now, looking back on this, I realize I might be turning a little obsessive and crazy, but whatever works. lol

This totally cracked me up! I know exactly how you feel!

Also, don't worry, so long as you aren't duct taping real monkeys, you've got nothing to worry about!