3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm eating McDonalds right now... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/239896-im-eating-mcdonalds-right-now.html)

Angie 08-03-2011 12:05 PM

I'm eating McDonalds right now...

...and it is delicious! I NEVER thought I would order a salad at McD's, but I did it today, and it is so good. I ordered the Southwest Salad with grilled chicken which my loseit app tells me is about 420 calories in all. The sodium is still out of this world (900mg), but still a not bad choice when faced with McD's.

:mcd:

allison0102 08-03-2011 12:23 PM

Whoop! Way to go making good choices!

alaskanlaughter 08-03-2011 01:07 PM

i love that salad!! i dont feel so bad going to mcdonalds if i'm getting a salad and diet soda lol....i dont get it often but i sure do like that one, and their bacon ranch one

JamiSue3916 08-03-2011 01:29 PM

YAY! I was worried when I saw the thread title. I was like, "NO! You're so close to ONEderland!" But look at you! Rocking weight loss at MickeyD's! :carrot:

Mango30 08-03-2011 01:40 PM

I <3 McDonalds...good thing there isn't one for 800 miles of my house or I'd eat there every other day. Salads of course ;)

Chantelle 08-03-2011 01:40 PM

Good for you!!! It's so funny how salads can be really enjoyable once you get used to the idea of eating rabbit food :lol:

FitGirlyGirl 08-03-2011 01:46 PM

Good job! That sounds yummy, I might have to get someone to bring me one sometime. I can't go into McDs anymore. The smell of nuggets alternately makes me ill or causes cravings.

sept15lija 08-03-2011 01:53 PM

MMM I love McDonald's salads! I get the Spicy Thai one with grilled chicken, so yummy - I enjoy it while the family eats their burgers once in a while. :)

Kukkie84 08-03-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamiSue3916 (Post 3971429)
YAY! I was worried when I saw the thread title. I was like, "NO! You're so close to ONEderland!" But look at you! Rocking weight loss at MickeyD's! :carrot:

This worried me too! I thought maybe Cameron demanded MickeyD's for yes day, but you are soo in control, I love it. :high:

Angie 08-03-2011 02:06 PM

Thanks! The salad was so tasty, and pretty satisfying too. I'm so glad I tried it, I always had this thing about not eating a salad at McD's, but it was so good. This will definitely be my go to when Cam is insisting on his happy meal fix.

Kukkie -- Yes, we did end up there for 'yes day', but it turned out okay. I'll just pray the sodium doesn't kick my butt tomorrow!

Lindy87 08-03-2011 04:53 PM

I eat at McD several times a week because my kids love to go there of the weekends and I have a quick lunch with my mom on Weds.
I always order the grilled chicken cesear salad, no croutons and I use half the cesear dressing. So delish and so filling. If you have to eat there, the salads are definately the way to go.

PacSunMama 08-03-2011 05:09 PM

Nice!! I love McD's for healthy choices, actually! If I'm going through the drive-through for some reason and not going home after, I order 2 honeymustard grilled snack wraps, then dump the insides of one onto the other. And an order of apple dippers and a diet coke if I'm feeling really crazy.

If I'm going home, I order that same thing, then take it home and dump everything onto a La Tortilla wrap with lots of extra dijon mustard... that's REALLY delicious!

KatMarie 08-03-2011 05:49 PM

I've eaten there a couple times this year. A mcdouble with no cheese had 320 calories. Take the top bun off and takes away another 50 or 75 calories...I forget. I've seen a commercial about a new grilled chicken breast sandwich coming and it's supposed to only have something like 340 calories. I think I saw something about them trying to make their happy meals less fatty and fewer calories for the kiddies.

MrsTee 08-03-2011 07:31 PM

Big healthy choice menu here, we have seared chicken wraps either sweet chilli or tandoori - both really nice!

InsideMe 08-03-2011 10:14 PM

I saw the thread too and thought....oh nooooo she's crashing.......but nope, your rockin' it!!! I'm going to have to try that salad!!