Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends...

Today I am grateful for willingness to try yesterday. I did log everything I ate, and stay within my calorie range, did my stretches & strengthening, left a bite. did not eat standing (accept once), put my food in the tracker and more. My food took some twists and turns during the day... but, it turned out OK

Tomorrow my plant swap friends are gifting me a few hours in the gardens to dig up and thin out the plants. The selfseeders and aggressive plants have taken over. How kind they are. DH and I will have a BBQ for them too. I am grateful for their kindness. I've planned for a healthy lunch.

I need to take my mom to some appointments. Gotta run.

Beaka WELCOME Please feel free to join in. It's no contest in this thread.

Have a healthy day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-12-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #62  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Trazey--10 days in France, how fantastic!!! AND only up 2lbs! You totally ROCK!

beaka--Jump on in! No challenges here, well...listening/reading me ramble on and and on...can be a challenge sometimes, LOL! Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--What awesome friends you have! You continue to do great, keep it up my friend!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #63  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Aug 12
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= peach, salad, biscuit w jelly
D= homemade pizza
S= choc ice cream
E= 40min cardio/weights

Trazey and Beaka, welcome glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #64  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

beaka, welcome!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

beaka - Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS on getting to Onederland!!!!

Trazey - Hello!

mj - Remember to post pix for us too!

Beverlyjoy - What a great circle of friends - them helping you, you BBQing for them!!

Yesterday went a little sideways - shower did not have cake (Yay!). I had a better salad - mixed greens with corn, black beans, chicken breast, and the most FABULOUS citrus vinaigrette dressing!!! I wanted to like the plate!!!!

For dinner, friend did not make reservations and the place was extra busy since they were having a wine festival so my planned dinner went out the window. Instead we went to a local mex restaurant and I had green chile vegetarian enchiladas, beans, and lettuce/tomato. The ballet was nice although one of the numbers was an interpretive dance (too much angst and discord for my taste).

Today is the Homeless Ministry distribution. Yesterday, I prepped 100 fruit bags (watermelon and grapes) and 80 pickles. I'll get back in time for a quick lunch and then pick up sis from her mani/pedi and head out to her house for a dip in the pool and dinner of BLT's. I plan to have three slice of bacon spread over 2 sandwiches with lots of HOMEGROWN tomato slices.

I had to pull the zucchini plants as they now have a squash bug problem. I found out the Fairytale pumpkins are sterile so I pulled them too. No sense watering for nothing.

B: coffee yogurt, hb egg, mango
L: WW wrap with lc cheese, bell pepper, spinach, grapes
D: BLT's, 1/2 c ice cream
E: pool time

Have a great day, everyone!!!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Thanks, everyone! I became a part of this thread just in time! Today wasn't a good day foodwise, and I ate a lot more than usual. I was at a retreat today at a campsite where lunch was served late, so I was STARVING by then. Plus, I get really hungry when I'm starting TOM which will probably be tomorrow.

B: grits, 4 turkey sausage links, grapes
L: 2 small chicken thighs, turkey burger, 1 serving of Pringles
D: Leftover fried rice- I make it healthy with brown rice, lots of veggies, and chicken breast, 130 cal pack of Nutter Butter bites

And I'm pretty sure I'll actually eat something else later. Gonna try to get a workout DVD in to cancel some of this out and do better tomorrow. This is my first off day in the past couple of weeks. I'm totally blaming it on the retreat and TOM. But unlike the usual, I'm getting right back on track.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #67  
mj5

Hi everyone!

DixC Chix--Busy, busy, busy!!! Yep, I will post pics as soon as I get them!

beaka--Good for you for getting right back on track. Did you get your workout in?

Oh my goodness, today was busy, but a fantastic day! I was up waaaaay too early, but I decided to stay up and be productive...I cleaned, prepped food for the week, and paid bills. Then it was time for the FUN part of Saturday! Zumba, coffee with bff, a little shopping where I tried on (honestly...just to see how close they would come to fitting!) a size 10 pair of jeans....and they fit! I then tried on several other size 10's...just to make sure they weren't marked wrong, lol! guess I just couldn't get it through my head that *I* could be wearing a size 10! Then it was time for my massage, and hubby and I went to a movie (where I wore my new size 10 jeans!). Tomorrow is Zumba, then a relaxing day!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #68  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Aug 13
b= 2 c milk, vits, pamprin, and leftovercheese potatos
S= cheese and triscuits
L= Pei Wei 1/2 Teryaki bowl {chicken brown rice veggies} Ice cream {later}
D= 2 slices bread "pizzas' {sauce, cheese, meatballs}
S= ice cream

Every once in a while I get REALLY bad symptoms of PMS when I ovulate. Yesterday and today were bad. I had a fuse about 1/4" long. I kept dropping things, snapping at poor Hubby and even April. Pamprin did help a little but the choc ice cream worked better. Grr!

In better news, April's leg is doing much better, she's hardly limping at all anymore. Crate rest is helping a lot, but she's getting pretty sick of being in here and when she gets to go outside {leashed} she's practically hyper.

MJ, congrats on the size 10!

Beaka, good job on getting back on track. What kind of workout DVD?

Chix, good for you for getting out there and helping with the ministry. Sorry about the garden woes.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #69  
mj5

Good Morning! What does every everyone have planned for today? Like most Sundays, just Zumba, then some rest for me. I definitely need it. I am a little sore from my massage yesterday, so rest and lots of water for me!

patchworkpenguin--Awww, hope you are feeling better today. Glad the choc ice cream helped. So glad to hear April is getting better!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... yesterday was a good day! Seven friends and neighbors came over for the 'Garden Thin-out'. Folks came and worked hard helping to get the gardens looking great. Lots of digging & lots of friendship. Of course, we had a grand cookout too. I am so grateful for have wonderful friends who offered to come and help with this project. Some folks filled their car with many starts - I am glad of that, too.

The cookout was: Italian style chicken, my family's favorite brown rice, a platter of multicolored peppers/sliced tomatoes/fresh mozzarella (with a garlicy evoo drizzle on the side), garlic bread, and watermelon. I ate the chicken, rice, veggies, and watermelon. I am grateful for the willingness to plan and eat healthfully.

Today is rest and regular weekend things. Tonight we go to our favorite Chinese Restaurant where I can get my favorite steamed Hong Kong Sea Bass. It is a healthy dinner. It will be a big group of 20 or more.

MJ -go Zumba!!! So glad it's such a fun healthy habit. I am doing a size ten jeans happy dance, friend!!

PWpenguin - I hope you feel better soon. Pamper yourself.

beaka - forgive yourself for the extra eating and carry on with what you've been doing. Hope you got your DVD in.

Dxichx - so glad that you had healthy options in your very busy day! Kudo's for good choices.

Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #71  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies! I'm so behind, I see we have some new people posting here, hello to any newbies!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Hi Ladies!

I did not get my workout in. Yet somehow my weight was 197.4 on the scale this morning. I'll savor it until TOM starts.

Today, I've had a good bit to do, so if I do get a workout in it will be late. When I workout t home I usually do a Jillian Michaels DVD - Ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack. I mostly work out at the gym. MJ, I love going to Zumba! I went Friday night.

Today's been pretty busy. I invited a friend to church and afterward made brunch at my place. Everything turned out really good! it was my first time making a frittata. It was with mushroom and spinach. I also made cheese grits, turkey sausage and strawberry shortcakes. I made the cake part using the cake mix + diet soda method, then added fat free whipped cream and strawberry compote from simmered frozen strawberries. Ladies, I LOVE to cook! Making healthy food that is still good is a lot of fun for me.

I have an event to go to this evening too (it won't involve food) and then I have plans to go buy a friend's house who sells makeup. My weekends usually aren't so busy, but I'll get back to working out tomorrow. I did work out every weekday this past week. I usually don't have 2 days off in a row.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #73  
mj5

Hi everyone! Yea! I was able to get some rest time in today! Zumba was awesome. I wore new workout pants in a M!!!!!!!! I kept seeing myself in the mirror and couldn't believe it was me!!

Beverlyjoy--What an awesome day yesterday!! Thanks!

lottie--how have you been doing?

beaka--Hope you get your workout in. Great # on the scale! I LOVE Zumba! I go about 3 times a week. SO much fun!!! mmm, your brunch menu sounds delish!! I love to cook too.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Saturday went as planned food and activity-wise except I did have 2 glasses of white wine. I wouldn't normally do that but it was my B-day!! Turned 55. Now I am eligible for the 10% discount at the grocers on the first Wednesday of the month. Yippee!! Today went to church and then met a friend at the cinema for a movie (3D Glee). My first 3D and I was so dizzy in the beginning but got accustomed to it. Then we went to 5 guys for hamburgers where I had a little one loaded with the good stuff (15 WWPP+). We caught up with a bunch of stuff and had some great laughs.

I'm ready to not be so busy. I want to get back to my regular schedule and get a handle on the not so great food selections and my gym classes. I missed zumba on Friday and I really missed it. I feel kinda lazy without the workouts. And I can't let my age catch up with me!!!

beaka - Congrats on the additional weight loss. Your frittata sounds de-lish. I'm salivating at your cheese grits too. Okay, your whole menu has me envious of your friend!!

mj - Congrats on the size 10 jeans and M workout pants!!! That's fantastic! Massages - hurt so good!!!

penguin - I think there's some fine, fine print on the ice cream container that prescribes a serving as needed to counter the affects of a bad TOM. Glad April is healing well. As for garden woes, not really...I'm SO done with fresh zucchini and I have a bunch frozen.

Beverlyjoy - you are really blessed with an abundance of friendships. Tell me more of this Italian style chicken...?

lottie - what's new with you?
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Just stopping to post a quick hello.

Happy Moanday and I hope everyone has a GREAT day OP!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote