NSV -- Warrior Dash!

• I just wanted to share a little NSV. I ran our local version of the Warrior Dash (warriordash (dot) com) yesterday. In my wave of 600 people there were not too many behind me, but I did finish, and completed all of the obstacles, including vaulting myself over 4 ft. walls, climbing a 12 ft. wall with a rope, wading through a swamp, climbing a rope wall, leaping over fire, and running a 5k.

I *know* that I couldn't have done it a year ago, which is when I started to try and lose weight and get into shape. I'm an ex-serious-athlete, but it's been a long, long time since I ran any races and I've been above my current weight for nearly 20 years. But now I walk 5 miles and run nearly every day (if you use a loose definition of the word "run") and rock-climb once a week. It feels good to be stronger.
  • Congratulations! All that hard work is paying off

(PS - I love your user name... a rather specific word, that is.)
  • That is awesome!!! I want to do a warrior dash!
  • Awesome! I'm signed up for the Spartan Race (spartanrace.com) in October and they are very similar. Good for you for completing it!! Woo-hoo!
  • WOW! I've never met a real life warrior before. Amazing job!! It sounds grueling and YOU finished!

SPECTACULAR!!
  • Wow! Congratulations!!! I wouldn't be close to completing that course.
  • That is awesome. I just recently learned about these things and now I very much want to do one. Eventually I want to do a tough mudder.
  • COngratulations! You've done something pretty awesome!!!!!
  • Wow! Soooo in awe of you! That is amazing!
  • I found out I came in 10,000th place out of about 10,500 participants on my day, but I did finish and did all of the obstacles and I have a baseline to try and improve from for next year. It was super-fun. Also really empowering to look up a giant wall and say "aaaaggh! I'm never going to make it over that!" and then make it over that.