3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Has anyone ever heard of... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/23947-has-anyone-ever-heard.html)

snowball1 01-19-2003 09:50 AM

Has anyone ever heard of...

... the "Wendi Plan?" Or has anyone tried it? I guess it's a program of using your Weight Watchers points in a way that is supposed to jumpstart your metabolism & keep it running high. I'm thinking of trying it, just for something different, & was wondering if any of you ladies had heard of it. I'm going to go try to find a link to a site that explains it a bit & I'll edit it in incase anyone wants to read about it.

Thanks! :)

Jennelle 01-19-2003 10:08 AM

Hmmmm...I've never heard of it, but I am willing to bet it is a low-carb form of WW.

Nic251 01-19-2003 10:25 AM

Yep, I did it for a while, only I converted points to calories. It worked pretty well, for the first couple of weeks, but then I started going way overboard on my high calorie days, and having a really hard time on the low calorie days. I definitely think it's a good idea, as long as you can go from a high day to a low day, and not cheat! :lol:

HTH
Nicole

Sandi 01-19-2003 12:34 PM

Heard of it, but never found the deatils. Let us know!!

snowball1 01-19-2003 07:24 PM

Here's a website that talks a little more about it... I think I may give it a try for a week or two just to see what it does, how I feel, etc. Who knows, could be the perfect plan for me! :)

groups.msn.com/pointingmywaytoanewlife/theoriginalwendieplan.msnw

gonzostar 01-20-2003 01:26 AM

tat makes a LOT of sense. i start to plateau every time i eat at the 1200 calorie range for too long, and david makes me have a high day. it's so hard because i feel like i'm ruining my plan. but really, my metabolism needs it. i just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Carnation 01-20-2003 09:16 PM

Wendi Plan

There was some sort of controversy over this plan on Dotti's Weight Loss Zone quite some time ago. Something about it not being healthy. I don't remember but it would be good to find out what was the problem there.

Step 01-22-2003 12:43 PM

I had never heard of this and was curious (or nosey, depending on your perspective) so I checked it out. You know what? This is nothing new. The theory of ‘tricking your body’ so it doesn’t go into conservation mode has been around for quite some time. In the early 80s, a woman I worked with was on a nutritionist-prescribed program that including alternating weeks where she ate approximately 1100 calories a day with weeks where she ate about 1500 calories a day -- so that her body wouldn't "settle in" at the 1100 calorie level..

A few years after that I bought a book called “The Wild Weekend Diet” (or some silly name like that). In that case you ate low cal (around 1000) M-F and then like 1500-1800 cals on Sat and Sun. But they encouraged you to indulge in alcohol and/or low-nutrition snacks and sweets on those day! Personally, I gave it a try and I did ok for a while but then my weekends started getting longer and longer --- lol!

For now … I’m still trying to stick to my plan at a steady pace, with an occasional treat which may or may not ‘trick my body’ to into thinking it’s not being starved. For example, the other day I had veggie omelet and whole wheat English Muffin instead of my usual cereal for breakfast … things like that.

So ... I have no opinion on whether or not it actually works, but I just thought I'd throw my two cents in anyway!

AngiKL 01-22-2003 12:44 PM

I have adapted this plan for my diet. It took a LOT of math. I had my lowest calorie day yesterday, so I know I can do it!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Angi

BA99TJ 01-22-2003 02:02 PM

Here is Dotti's point of view on the Wendie plan just for info..

http://pub121.************/fdottiswei...icID=148.topic

SuchAPrettyFace 01-22-2003 02:23 PM

And this is why I count portions, not calories. I suck at math so bad, it's not even funny. 1500 is the number they told me, and gave me portions to go with it, so I wouldn't have to count calories. I also have portions for 1000 calories a day, and that's what I try & stick with.

I have 5 small meals spaced just so my body never worries about where the next meal is coming from. I have 1 protein & 1 starch for breakfast, 1 fruit & 1 starch for am snack, 2 proteins, 1 veg, 2 starch for lunch, 1 milk & 1 fruit for pm snack, then I catch up w/what else I need for dinner, and sometimes a later snack.

It has shrank my stomach a bit, eating smaller amounts more frequently. It feels like everyone thinks, "Jeez, that fat girl is always eating", but it works for me & I'm @ the point where I realy don't give a flying fig what anyone here thinks of me. I was 42# heavier when I started here 3 years ago, they will have to learn to live w/my snacking.

I will check out the sites you posted when I get home.

SuchAPrettyFace 02-10-2003 12:21 PM

BethAnne's link didn't work for me. I printed out Kayla's link, will read it after lunch.

I think as long as I converted it to portions instead of calories, I'd be ok. It's the math that confuses me every time.