Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 07:24 PM   #1  

Default Just joined and would like to say hello

Hi
I just found this site and wanted to join. I have decided to change my way of eating and loose some weight. I got on the scales the other day and realized I am now at 282 lbs. I'm 44, will be 45 next week, and have been married to my wonderful DH for 26 yrs. I have two sons, two DILs and one grandchild, who I baby-sit. We have all been "talking" about losing weight (I'm the heaviest) and now is the time for me! I have no idea how I'm going about this but know I just have to do it. We are also expecting our second grandchild in June. So if I'm going to be keeping up with a newborn and 2yo. I have to drop some weight. I would like to get down to about 165 - 170. That's a loss of 112 to 117 lbs. My goal is to start next Monday, January 20th. I will be then decide on what program I'll follow, what exercise I can do, and have all foods I will need ready to go. I know I'll need the understanding and help of others in my same conditions and hopefully I will find that here.
Thanks
Old 01-14-2003, 07:35 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Welcome back2thin - cute name!

We are great group and love to support each other on our journey. Losing 100 or more lbs is an incredible task - but together we can do it!!!

Dana
Old 01-14-2003, 08:01 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Welcome welcome! Way to make that first step!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

hello =)

i'm still relatively new, but i found this to be a great place! we have people trying all the different weight loss plans here, giving out support, chatting like old friends, etc.

we cheer each other on through weigh-ins, gossip about dates and cute guys (sorry matt!), and give online hugs when needed.

jump in and join our challenges, and post a profile so we can get to know you better. plus you can check us out in there too! and pictures of us in the other sticky.

hope you like it here!
Old 01-14-2003, 11:06 PM   #5  

Hi Back2Thin!

Welcome and congrats to you for making the decision to get to the healthiest you!

There are all kinds of people in lots of different stages of life in here and I've found support from all of them! I've found it helps me stay on track to make sure I check into the board every day. The weeks I slipped were the weeks I didn't get to the board. There's also a neat journaling feature the site has that I've found helps keep me on track.

Anyway, welcome welcome welcome! When you decide what plan you'll follow, let us know what it is. There's lots of variety in the plans we each follow too - and lots of support there.

Angi
Old 01-15-2003, 02:41 AM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome aboard! Jump right in!
Old 01-15-2003, 11:47 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well you've come to the right place for support!! We will help you in your journey to the possible!!

WELCOME!!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 11:49 AM   #8  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

welcome. Good luck on your journey.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:27 PM   #9  

Welcome!!! This is a great group of supportive people! We'll help you in anyway we can on your journey!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 12:51 PM   #10  

Welcome!! I'm new here, too. I had to smile at your mention of grandchild #2 ... I'm only a year younger than you and if I were expecting grandchild #2, my family would be rich from selling our story to the tabloids and movie-makers!! You see, my kids are only 6 and 3 1/2!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 02:33 PM   #11  

Welcome!!! I'm very new here too.. but I'm so pumped, and these ladies are so affirming. What a great place to be. And it's a safe place. We don't have to walk in shame here. We're all wonderful, and in the same boat. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Sandie
Closed Thread