Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's

You're on Page 6 of 35
Go to
  • Good morning everyone.

Down a few more ounces this morning. I totally understand the health thing. My aunt was just diagnosed as diabetic last fall and my mom was last spring. My A1C is still okay for now but I can see where it has been going up little by little every year. I didn't have my cholesterol checked this year but I'm sure that is probably up a little from the last time too. We moved almost 2 years ago and the food choices since then have not been as good as they should have been. I can feel that my blood pressure is higher and I've developed sleep apnea. I love my Cpap and for the first time in years I finally feel rested when I wake up.

Today's plan - I had some leftover homemade veggie chili for breakfast. Lunch will be a sandwich, watermelon and maybe a few 5 grain wheat thins. Dinner is still undecided. I'm gonna go out and try and do some yard work until the heat chases me back inside.

I hope everyone has a GREAT on plan day.
  • @Mrs Tee - Amen to that , thing is I AM smart, and I have a degree in of all things biology, my little sis is a Registered Dietician its not like I don't know what I have to do, its always been doing it that has been the challenge. I know all about energy exchange, and calories, and I have since Jr. High but I (still) lack the self discipline there's some sort of disconnect for me.

zinke - sounds like a yummy breakfast, I need to go to the grocery store today. Hope you are having a great day.
  • Hi guys just a quick check in... Wanted to say hi.

We ended up taking off last night to go on a mini trip and just got back a little bit ago. Feel really refreshed and ready for tomorrow. Hope all is well with everyone else.

More updates tomorrow but for now the couch is calling my name.
  • I found this again
    I sooo like it I thought I'd copy it in again- copyright Ubergirl - thanks for the post. (I don't know how to just post the link...)

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the weight loss journey.

I started in June 2009 right after getting a fabulous piece of news, when I was feeling really good about myself. It seems like there are two big triggers for people-- one is "hitting rock bottom." That never worked for me. The other is feeling really terrific-- maybe losing a few pounds by accident, or falling in love, or having some good news.

Here are what I see as the stages:

1. Self-doubt: This is when you don't really believe you can succeed because you never have before. I fell off in this stage millions of times over the course of twenty years. I would lose ten or fifteen pounds, then get off track, then stop, then gain it back. After a while it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2. Mastery: This is after you lose maybe forty or fifty pounds-- more than you ever dreamed possible. You start to think you've got the hang of it. It seems almost effortless. You wonder why you never did this before.

3. Super-confidence: You've been on a roll for months and months now. You feel like an expert. You are one hundred per cent positive you will NEVER go back. You follow your plan like a champ. You never slip up. You feel like a weight loss goddess.

4. RELAPSE: I think most of us long-termers slip up. A lot of people cope with it pretty well. Some really don't and end up with a big regain.

5. The Long Haul: This is where I am now. This is when you start to realize that your food issues will probably never go away, and that you probably will slip up from time to time, but you are going to have to learn that life at a lower weight is made up of good days and bad days and that NOBODY IS PERFECT.

The weight loss journey is full of highs and lows that have nothing to do with weight.

Talk about a way to really and truly get to know yourself. This is it!
  • Hi all, I'm just officially out of the 300s and MrsTee said there was a place waiting here for me. I honestly can't remember, over the last few years trying half-heartedly to lose weight, when the last time was that I was here. Not that I want to stay forever, of course, but gee it feels good to think that I won't be going back to that 3.
  • Well. It's done. Weigh-in this morning is under 300.

I'm here! Officially!

Hey there Angela!
  • Welcome Vortex.

Yay Lovely! Let's keep moving down.

MrsTee- I agree that I have hit every one of those many times. I let such little things get to me all the time. I have to stop doing that. Good choices 80-90% of the time are will still lead to success.

I caved last night and had an extra slice of pizza. The sodium got to me just a little this morning and I'm sure yesterday's heat didn't help either. I know my calories were not out of control and I'm just gonna keep trucking on my long haul today.
  • Just peeking in on you girls and saying glad to see you have more in here. SOON lol. Keep on going.

Zinke - yup keep on truckin' you can do it.
  • Vortexx - GREAT to see you!!!! Agreed, don't get too comfy we won't be here for long - this is just a transit lounge!
  • Today was pretty alright

My sleep is a little messy, but nothing so horrible. Got in a great workout, plus some stairs due to laundry. Things are starting to shape up and look better around the apartment.

I'm eating my (very late night) dinner salad now with some feta, dried cherries, walnuts, grilled chicken and lots of lettuce. Yum!
  • Good work Lovely! Nice salad....
    Hi to everyone else - have a POPpin good day!
  • I can't wait to be in the 200 club! It's so close yet so far away at 306. Skinnycat good for you 11 pounds the first week!
  • Hello Hello Hello! =)

Had a fairly nice day today. Don't think I really accomplished a lot, though Stayed strong with exercise and ate healthfully.

The scale is staying below 300 for my morning weigh-ins, so all is going well on that front.

Hope you guys are having great weeks so far!
  • I really suck at following up in a thread. I get distracted too easily. Well, I'm still sitting at 295. I'm still exercising 3x per week plus my dance class on Wednesdays (thought it's super low impact). I feel sluggish. I'm losing motivation and I don't feel like keeping up with things. I need to keep kicking though.

I had my TOM and my weight flew up to 299 and dropped back to 295. I'm bloated. I feel like I'm floating in my own body. I think I'll take a water pill on Thursday.

I hope everyone is having a good time of their weight loss journeys!
  • Not sure that "good time" could describe it - BUT I was thinking last night - if you'd asked me two and a half months ago would I swap eating junk food and crap for 12 weeks for wearing my jeans ( that have been in the cupboard unworn for 2 winters) and a nice fleecy jacket (zipped up and fitting well ) to netball on a cold winters night instead of old trackie pants and a open NOT fitting jacket last night, I've have said yep - no problems - good deal!!!!