Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #481  

Hooray for you Martini!!!!! As Kaplods often reminds us, its a windy road to goal, and as long as we just stay on the track we'll all get there. It isn't a straight motor way where we all go full speed with no stops to goal.

I've lost about 63 lbs - nearing you, and its a great point you make, I cannot imagine going back!!!! I NEVER want to be that heavy again. So, forward is the ONLY way.

I also feel what you can about emotional emptiness, it is very easy to eat to feed that need. As I said I have no good friends here, and do feel lonely too. I only have my daughter to talk weight loss to....

Having said that, my mother in law is here, and last night when I was considering having a treat after dinner, she said on no be good be good - and I HATED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In lots of ways its excellent to have no one watching over my shoulder.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #482  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Georgia! So good to "see" you hope you have a fab trip sounds like you are being very organized and prepared

martini - glad you are good and refocused

I had a rough weekend diet wise, 3 parties in one day was a lot of will power and i ended up giving in and having cupcakes etc not a whole lot but not exactly the best choices made either. I was happy though to see different groups of people, friends aquaintances etc.

Gotta get up in afew hours for work oh how weekends fly by!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #483  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

What a great attitude Martini. It does sound like you learned something and that is what is important.

My goal for the week is to stay away from any place that has a drive thru. That and a good breakfast every single day.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 285/278/150

Height: 5'7"

Ive had the worst weekend diet wise. I went on vacation with my family to watch some horse racing and I completely BLEW my diet. I had Pizza, Italian, hotel breakfast etc. with no calorie counting. I probably consumed more in three days than I should all week. To top that off I didn't exercise any either. This is typically the kind of thing that happens when I am dieting that causes me to throw in the towel. But I am serious about changing my lifestyle and I want to leave it as a vacation from my diet as well. I weigh in Thursday so now I am going to go hardcore in my exercising to try to stop a gain.

But on a brighter note HAPPY MONDAY! and I hope everyone has a great week
Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #485  

Hi Girls,

Happy Monday to you all.

Struggling a little, as always with trying to rev up or amp up my routine.

So doing a re-eval, recording my wt every morning, writing down everything I eat, will make sure I look up the cals in the evening and record them. Also going to make an effort to sleep earlier at night. I think I'm going to feel a little overhwhelmed doing it all but I need to figure out what I can stand to give up or change foodwise. And what I'm willing to do "extra" activity wise to create a calorie deficit since obviously thats not happening right now. I've stayed essentially the same weight for the past 4 months.

I have been putting in enough effort to maintain but not enough effort to lose. More sleep will help with that I think.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #486  

Mmm... Salad,

Had 1 cup mixed greens, 1 cup spinach, some walnuts (about 1/3 cup too much I know but... eah lol) 1 tbsp balsamic vinagarette, and 4 strawberries. Yum.
Salad around 400 calories, a little too decadent for a lunch. Maybe tomorrow I'll have the same thing w/ half the walnuts , that'd be a bit better.

@ around 715 so far... I think as long as I keep it under 2500... its supper that always gets me though I need to learn to eat small portions in the evening.

Feeling very obsessive today but thats what i need I think. On a more regular basis to DROP weight I've been decent at pretty much maintaining its the losing I am struggling with now. weigh in for work comp tomorrow... fingers crossed I will maintain or lose for the week. That should help guide my choices for the evening. LOL
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #487  
thinks she can

S/C/G: 321/266.1/170

Height: 5'9"

zinke - Good luck with your goals for the week! We'll be here rooting for you!! [root root!!]

hillaryspeppy - Reading your post reminds me of the week I had last week and how calorie counting really saved my perspective. Left to my own devices, I'd have said something like what you did and that I completely blew my diet. It was an awful week and I utterly failed to keep it together. By writing things down I see I was definitely off, but that it wasn't that bad by a long shot.

Three out of seven days I went over my 1500 calorie daily limit. One day I was at 2000 calories and the other two I was at 2500 calories. At the end of the week I was over my weekly budget by 1700 calories - which averages to about 250 calories/day. That's not bad at all. It's not great. It's not on plan. But it's no reason to throw in the towel.

So when you say you "probably consumed" more calories in three days than you should all week, maybe you did. But maybe you didn't. In either case, you don't know for sure and that's definitely not reason enough to get down on yourself.

silentarctic - These sound like really good, positive, reasonable changes. Good luck with it!

Edited for an update: Stepped on the scale this morning and got into the 260s!!!! Yes, I stepped on the scale naked after working out, but still... this is the first time in a decade that I've seen those numbers.

Last edited by martini; 10-03-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #488  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

well i am officially out of 300s I now weigh 296. To celebrate I am dying my hair champagne blonde....

Lynn
Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #489  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Congrats to Martini and Lynnie!

Hillary - Remember just because you had a few rough days does not mean you have to keep having them. I really like the analogy that Linda Spangle has in her books. Picture yourself driving. Just because you back into a pole doesn't mean you tell yourself that you already hit it once so you might as well continue to ram your car into it over and over again.

Martini - When I am actively counting calories my goal is between 1900-2000 daily. To think that even your really bad days still only averaged out to 1700 calories is awesome. I saw 272.1 this morning. I am right on your tail...

Lynnie - When I first read your post I thought you said you were opening a bottle of champagne, lol. I'm glad after I reread it that you were dying your hair. What a great pick me up. I've started coloring mine regularly. I don't have more than one or two grays but my very fine, thin hair seems to have so much more oomph after it has been colored.

I have decided I definitely need to get up at least 20 mins earlier than the kids. That gives me enough time to organize my brain for the day and get a start on prepping breakfast. This morning I rolled out of bed, woke up the kids, and didn't have time to make my own breakfast. It was so hard to drive past BK and get breakfast. But I did it! I came home and made a very tasty egg scramble. Go me!

I had a perfectly ripe plum for morning snack and now I'm getting ready to have some couscous, chicken, and honey glazed carrots for lunch. Yummy! ( I really need to go buy some salad greens though.)
Old 10-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #490  
Divine

well my champagne blonde turned into strawberry blonde. it brought out the natural strawberry blonde thats in my hair. so lets say I have to get use to it.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #491  
thinks she can

S/C/G: 321/266.1/170

Height: 5'9"

zinke - Go you is right!! Excellent job sticking to your goals for the week!! On a completely different note... how is that book you were reading coming along? Did you end up giving it back to the library or are you still working through it?

lynn - Strawberry blonde, champagne blonde... it's all equally awesome when you're celebrating being in the 200s!

And for georgia, MrsTee, lovely, silentarctic - hi ladies!

On my end I'm just continuing to put one foot in front of the other. I've having my morning coffee and am planning on starting my day at the gym in a little bit. I've also been thinking about how I can incorporate some fun into my life so my social reserves don't go to empty - all part of a larger self-care project!

Have a wonderful evening/day everyone!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #492  

Hi all!!

Lynnie 79 pounds gone - dye your hair ORANGE girl!!! Get noticed!!! Unbelievably fantastic loss.

I am going to have to post my first gain tomorrow- bit sad but I have had a couple of days splurge ( sons birthday, and grand final of the football - and I always make a big feast of football snack foods to eat whilst watching the game, and I allowed myself to enjoy them. I didn't go madly at it, but did indulge a bit.) Funny but what I ate I would have considered a very light amount in the past, now I consider it a over indulgence! A CUPCAKE??????? I used to eat 4.

Also I think I was beginning to get a bit obessive about eating lightly, so this week I've eaten a little larger meals too.

So I can hang onto my 118 but only just ! I think it will be more like 118.9....

Time to re-commit and re-direct for my next mini- goal - another 4 kilos off before getting re-fitted for the 2012 coaches outfit on 3rd november - sigh - hopefully not so traumatic this year...

Last edited by MrsTee; 10-04-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #493  
Divine

Can you iamgine what my boss would say if I dyed my hair orange? This will have to do but I am going to let it grow out and stick with my natural ash blonde.

Lynn
Old 10-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #494  

S/C/G: 285/278/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This has just inspired me to push myself harder during workouts, so it isn't all bad. But I am glad for this forum because without it, I probably would have quit already.

martini - Thanks for the post. I think a lot of my problems in the past have been feeling like no one else does/feels what I do by binging or getting off my diet. I know that's ridiculous, but not everything I think is logical. If I would have written down what I was eating, I don't think I would have eaten near as much.

lynnie - welcome to the 200's!! I love that you are treating yourself for your accomplishment.

zinkemom - I love that quote!! I understand wanting to get up earlier in the morning. I am always so much better focused if I get started early. The trick is just making yourself roll out of bed And congrats on going by BK, I always have a mental fight when I am hungry like that.

Mrs Tee - I love how our perspective changes when we are on a diet. Like how four cupcakes would have been normal but now one whole one is pushing it. and .9 lbs isn't bad at all.

Happy Wednesday all!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #495  

Morning all!

Well I managed to hang onto a "stay the same" this week. So I'll gladly take that and look forward to next week.

Yep, our perspective certainly changes over time on our various programmes doesn't it. "Normal" eating is a curious concept. What is normal to the non-weight challenged person?
Closed Thread