3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Question about free days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/23665-question-about-free-days.html)

SummerdayWinterCold 01-11-2003 12:38 PM

Question about free days

I've seen a few people mention "free days" .. I was just curious as to :

How often you have free days?

What do you allow yourself to have (just one treat, special meal, eat what you want the entire day)?

I would really like to incorporate a free day .. not sure if it should be once a week though; I feel like I would do much better if I had that one day to look forward to and knew that I could indulge a little :devil: . I just don't want to undo what I'm trying to accomplish in one day.

Thanks in advance for any and all input !! :)

missaprylj 01-11-2003 02:04 PM

Well, I think it's different for everyone. Although, it seems popular to either A) eat one special meal per week or B) eat anything you want all day, but only ONCE per month. Let's see what the other ladies have to say, shall we? ;) Peace.

matt_H 01-11-2003 03:33 PM

What about what the "other man" has to say about it aprylcadabra? ;).

Basically, I am not following any structured plan, but I do eat right and stay under my calorie count most days of the week. One day a week, I allow myself to go out with some friends to the bar and have a few drinks and to eat dinner. I figure if I allow myself one day a week to look forward to then I am more likely to be "good" throughout the week.

Even on my one "bad" day, I don't think I am significantly going over the amount of calories that I should have for the day. I don't think it is a good idea to "go completely wild" on a free day -- you have to have a little moderation in your hedonism ;).

Matt

Jennelle 01-11-2003 05:56 PM

I completely agree with Matt!

rochemist 01-11-2003 07:00 PM

My Free Day

I usually have 1 day a week that is my free day. I usually eat over my calorie range for dieting(1500-1800), but in my calorie range for my metabolism(2300-2700). I may or may not work out on this day. But I have had more than 1 personal trainer suggest it as a wake up for my metabolism, because your body can get use to dieting. One thing I have to be careful of is overdoing it on the sugar. If I sugar spike on my free day too hard the next day back on OP is awful to readjust or I can be left with a "food hangover".

My two cents,
Miss Chris:cool:

Nic251 01-12-2003 12:31 AM

I have one free day a week, if I have done well. I usualky try to limit it to one meal, including dessert, and then do good the rest of the day.

Nicole
272/270/160

SummerdayWinterCold 01-12-2003 07:39 AM

Thanks for all the input; I think I'm going to try the one meal instead a whole free day. :)

SuchAPrettyFace 01-12-2003 11:41 PM

Yeah, I cannot have a free day. I just don't trust myself. Although Friday turned into one.