so!

• My birthday is July 5th. I was hoping to loose 15 pds. I was 177 and since last week I have been 167. This week, I feel unmotivated. And I'm afraid I won't loose anything more drom here to my bday. Do you think its possible to loose anything from here to their. I feel like I'm at a plateau already. Any food or excerise suggestions?
  • Of course you can lose some more by July 5. That is almost 4 weeks away.
    How did you lose that first 10. Average weight loss varies by the induvidual but 1 1/2 -2 pounds a week is average. You can help it along if you also exercise.
  • skye8080 - Go out and get moving!!! It will boost your mood and remotivate you. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • You can do it - don't give up
  • Your doomed! DOOOOOMED.

Well, that's what your brain is telling you. And it's trying to convince you to give up and just not try until after your birthday. Which Bargoo points out is 4 weeks away. This is also what I like to term the I'll-start-on-Monday mentality.

1.6 (10% of your current weight) X 4 weeks = 6.4 pounds.

That's totally achievable.

Make a menu for the rest of the week. Pick a new exercise this week to try out -- maybe lunges during a brisk walk.

If you have a celebration day planned for your birthday, maybe make a goal that if you stay OP until that day you get to buy one fitness related thing -- like a new set of workout clothes or a day at the rock climbing gym.
  • You can do this! Instead of looking for motivation make a commitment to do this for yourself until you reach your goal. I have a mantra that I recite to myself several times when I start to waver.

I will not be fat and sick! I will be thin and healthy!

It always works because it reminds me why I am working so hard to lose this weight. Best wishes!
  • Like everyone else said...OF COURSE you can lose more weight between now and your birthday! Shake it up, do something drastic, try an activity totally out of your comfort zone! They say that something simple like doing the elliptical machine backwards one day can trick your body into breaking through a plateau.

Just LOOK at HOW MUCH you've accomplished! You CAN do this!
  • oh man.. Bright ideas you. Yes It is acheivable. My thing now is saying I will do it. Anyway, I love the rock climbing tip I guess I know what I can do Friday and Maybe batting cages tomorrow after work sounds pretty good. Ahh. I got motivation now. I will not give up and I know I can do it.
  • Quote: Like everyone else said...OF COURSE you can lose more weight between now and your birthday! Shake it up, do something drastic, try an activity totally out of your comfort zone! They say that something simple like doing the elliptical machine backwards one day can trick your body into breaking through a plateau.

Just LOOK at HOW MUCH you've accomplished! You CAN do this!
    Ahh. The elliptical machine is torture. lol. just kidding but it kills me to go back wards. I shall complete this task.

Thanks everyone!
  • Quote: Your doomed! DOOOOOMED.

Well, that's what your brain is telling you. And it's trying to convince you to give up and just not try until after your birthday. Which Bargoo points out is 4 weeks away. This is also what I like to term the I'll-start-on-Monday mentality. ...
    Boy do I understand that brain talk, lol!

Skye, like others said, you still have 4 more weeks. You can lose some weight in that amount of time. Good thoughts!!