3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Does decaf tea count as 'water'? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/23511-does-decaf-tea-count-water.html)

Step 01-07-2003 05:46 PM

Does decaf tea count as 'water'?

I'd like to increase my water intake, but I'm having problems. I actually like cold water BUT … my office is extremely cold (and there's nothing I can do about it - long story). I'm so cold at work that I just cannot manage to drink anything cold. I can't drink plain hot water - yuck! I don't want to up my caffeine intake so I've been drinking decaf tea (with nothing in it). Is that good? Bad? Useless? What do you think?

KittyMilk 01-07-2003 06:55 PM

me I count any no cal/ no caffine drink as water.

Charbar 01-07-2003 08:22 PM

I do too...
ww let's you drink half of your "waters" as no caff/no cals as water.

I love diet ginerale, diet orange soda, flavoured herbal teas (today I had peach!) and crystal lite drink.

Every morning I have a very low cal hot chocolate - only 25 calories (or 0 points) it also gives me 30% of my calicum for the day. I hate to waste points on milk. And it counts as a water!!!

Sandi 01-07-2003 10:58 PM

So...what your saying here is that I can count my caffine free diet Pepsi as water? Is that right?

SuchAPrettyFace 01-08-2003 02:56 AM

Sandi made me giggle.

I don't count my 2 cups of green tea in w/my water--I drink the water separately. But that's mostly for me & my measurements.

KittyMilk 01-08-2003 04:08 PM

This is something that has puzzled me in the past, can you count say soup or jello you make where you add two cups of fresh water to it as having two cups of water? Seems to me two cups of water is two cups of water regardless of what you have it with. What's your take on it? Personally I never count milk as that is dairy not water and too high in cals. I do count caffine free soda's as part of my water (which is why I do occasionly make my water goal) Drinking straight glass's of water... Now there I have trouble...

Jenniffer 01-09-2003 01:03 PM

You all crack me up.

I don't count anything as water unless it's water. I could see counting the decaf tea as water as long as there is no sugar or milk.

As far as diet soda goes...if there are carbs in it...no, it cannot be counted as water.

And Sandi..Soda isn't good for you. The aspartme isn't good for you.

But a lemon..and stick in your water. You'll thank me at the end of that when you don't have that diet soda headache gross feeling going on.

Don't make me repost what soda can do to a car engine.

hehehehe

Sandi 01-09-2003 01:08 PM

I knew it couldn't be true!!!! :(

I really like water, so it's not that bad for me and I set my water intake at a reasonable 64 oz. so if I am trying at all, I can usually do it.