Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default New Blog post from MARCI CROZIER

I am a HUGE fan of Courtney and Marci from the biggest loser. Marci has a blog and she posted this week. I think what she says is awesome, so I wanted to share. Find the actual post here

Hi Friends,

Lots of people have been asking about the "nutrition" part of my typical day. They want to know what kind of foods I eat and how much.

First of all, I consider any food I am going to eat my friend. If it isn't good for me or doesn't make me feel good, why would I have a friend like that? I want REAL friends...WHOLE friends and WHOLE foods. Processed foods and fake friends are not going to be a part of my life.

So lets start there.

Eat whole foods that you like. If you don't like spinach, don't force yourself to eat it. If you love fresh pinapple and someone told you it has too much sugar, tell them they are crazy (you know it has sugar)...God put it on this earth. Eat the foods you like, prepared properly and in the right proportions.

Again, I tell you I am not a dietician or nutritionist and never want to undermine their extensive education, I can only tell you what has worked for me and what I have learned from listening to these gifted individuals.
I still follow the advice of Dr. Cheryl, our Ranch Dietician. Because I am in maintenance mode, I eat a few more calories than I did on the ranch but will always remember the main nutrient basics.

* I eat 45% complex "good" carbs (veggies, fruits and grains),
* 30% protein (lean meat, chicken, turkey,fish, legumes, yogurt and egg whites), with
* 25% or less "good" fat (extra-virgin olive oil, avocado and nuts) everyday.

I stay away from

* refined carbohydrates such as pasta, rice and potatoes**,
* red meat,
* cold cuts, and
* egg yolk.

**With the refined carbs, I will not deprive myself if they are cooked properly and I have a craving. I will simply eat a normal portion.

Also, important:

* not more than five hours should pass between meals,
* and intake should be three main meals and a couple of snacks.

A balance of carbs, proteins, and fats throughout the day help maintain the right level of key substances such as insulin and glucogens.

I consume approximately 1600-1800 calories but more importantly the right kind of calories. In order to know how to nourish ourselves in a healthy manner, it is essential to know the quality and quantity of foods we eat rather than simply calulating the amount of calories. I always remember that one pound is 3500 calories and never want to exceed my output. I still try to burn 3000+ calories a day.

It is also important to drink plenty of water. I drink at least 64 oz of water to take in liquid lost in perspiration even if I don't feel thirsty. Other sweet beverages and sweets in general should be drastically reduced or eliminated.

The secrets to good health at the table are balance and moderation. If this type of diet seems like a sacrifice, its all in your mind.

Remind yourself that it is within your reach and it helps to IMPROVE EFFICIENCY THROUGHOUT THE DAY; REDUCE EXCESS WEIGHT FOR GOOD; and REACH LONG LASTING HEALTH & WELL-BEING!

Yours in Health,
Marci
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Sandi, Thank you for posting this. I will start reading her blog now. I like her too.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I especially find it interesting that her metabolism runs like mine..."burn" 3000+ according to the calculators/body buggs/heart rate monitors, eat 1500-1800, and maintain. The math says she should still be losing 3 lbs a week, but that's her maintenance level.

I love finding examples of others who face that issue, so I feel like less of a metabolic freak. I know what I can eat and still maintain, but sometimes seeing what the calculators say I SHOULD burn is disheartening.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote