Old 06-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #16  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

ACK! i want to know the outcome (heh) of this situation!!! I want to see what comes out the other side (double heh) because I LOVE TO POOOOO!!! Twice a day sounds more reasonable than twice a week -- wer you always prone to slow poo? Or is this strictly diet related? I'm curious how a bit more fat will affect you. Please keep us informed!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #17  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: SCG: 224/218/130

Height: 5'1

Rhonda beat me to it. Probiotics are really great. It's encouraged for most people with digestive problems to take it. If that doesn't help, then MiraLAX certainly would. It can be used routinely or as needed.
FlipFlop Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #18  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Alternating hot and cold liquids can stimulate things (a cup of hot coffee followed by a cup of cold water, repeat as needed).

I am like the others...healthy fat makes all the difference. Daily servings of a 100 calorie pack of guacamole or fresh avocado, and a serving of pistacios makes a huge difference
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #19  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

I would agree with the fat intake and upping it. I am curious with the very low fat have you have any issues with your hair. I sure did when I was going too low fat.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiSue3916 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd try for a second opinion. I don't think there's anything normal about having a BM only once or twice per week. Am I nuts here??

Maybe it's time for a colonic to get a fresh start and then try to stay on top of the issue by up'ing your good fat intake?
I kind of agree with your post here. The only reason is that the OP stated that she has the feeling of needing to go but cannot. There are a lot of diseases and issues people can develop with their bowels, and it's best to get a good check-up.

But first OP can always try what was suggested, and if that doesn't work speak with her current physician again, or seek a second opinion. There's a herbal product, that I cannot recall because I accidentally threw away the bottle during my spring cleaning spurt. But it's a semi-colon cleanse. I got it at Wal-Mart really cheap, it has senna and other laxative ingredients that you only take for 7 days. It really helped me.

Good luck OP. This is sadly a rough subject that people deal with a lot.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #21  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyHeather View Post
There's a herbal product, that I cannot recall because I accidentally threw away the bottle during my spring cleaning spurt. But it's a semi-colon cleanse...
Totally off-topic, but this made me smile! I read it and my immediate thought was "why would someone clean a semicolon?"

;

Then I re-read it and realized what you actually MEANT!

Thank you for the smile!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki6kidsmom View Post
I would agree with the fat intake and upping it. I am curious with the very low fat have you have any issues with your hair. I sure did when I was going too low fat.
Uhh.. What issues were you having?! I have been freaking out lately because my hair is SO thin now. I used to have loads of hair, and now it feels like wispy grandma hair. I thought it was just hormones or something. Did you have different problems or is thinning what you are referring to?

If it turns out my hair is thinning because I'm not eating enough fat, topped with not pooping enough, I am going to have to do some serious fat counting and start eating a LOT more of it. This hair thing is really taking an emotional toll on me.

Trazey34: I was a once-a-day pooper, every other day at the very longest, before changing my diet 18 months ago.

To all of those who wanted an update: I had more fats yesterday than I have had in a long time (sesame oil in some soup, an extra serving of hazelnut butter, an extra half-ounce of cheese, and some coconut butter). I bought some avocados to have with tonight's dinner. I had a cup of Senna tea and 3 prunes last night before bed. And I drank a fancy schmancy pro-biotic drink with my lunch. No poop to report today yet (but I did go a bit yesterday which relieved some of the pressure feeling).

More updates as they develop, so to speak
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

For those of you who wanted an update, and those of you who might have the same problem, it seems that adding fat into the diet really helps. After a week of purposefully making sure I get at least 40+ grams of fat a day, it seems things are moving along.

I am also in the middle of trying to break a plateau and have upped my calories by 400 a day for 2 weeks, so just the fact that I am eating more in general might be partially the reason as well.

Next week when I drop my calories down to 1000-1200 a day (instead of the current 1600-1800) I will let you know if everything stays regular... as it were.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #24  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

So good to know it was just a fat issue! Thanks for the update!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I was going only 2 times per week and was constipated when I finally did go. I didn't want to do any harsh laxatives, so I went with Miralax 3 times a week and a stool softener twice a week. That did the trick and without the harsh results a laxative would have given. I eat a lot of fiber and drink a lot of water, too. At least 25g and up to 50g of fiber. I don't have much fat in my diet.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote