3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......June 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/234647-accountability-menus-plans-exercise-stuff-june-2011-a.html)

jab91864 06-02-2011 07:07 AM

Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......June 2011

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)

jab91864 06-02-2011 07:15 AM

I didn't see that anyone had started a new thread for June, so here it is. :D

Darkblue~ I hope your first day went well, I know it can be a stresser!!

Melinda~ Experience has taught me not to help the chicks out, one wrong pull and they bleed to death. In the end got 4 chicks, not a great hatch but good enough for me. I will try to attach a pic.

lottie~ hope you are doing well

mj~ how is vacation ???

The weather here has been typical Michigan. Cold, wet, hot, humid, cold again...lol.

Food choices are good. Went out to eat unexpectedly over the weekend and went to a place I had never been which made me fret over what will I eat. In the end I chose a veggie quesadilla which was AWESOME !!! It was full of mushrooms, peppers, onions, avocado and it did have cheese in it and came with a spicey hot sauce. I am going to have to make my own version of it here at home.

Still working my protein shakes for breakfast and mainly cheerios for lunch...I have gotten so lazy about packing a lunch for work. Scale is stalled but it won't be long before it moves.

Big wave to everyone, hope you find the thread...lol. :carrot:

jab91864 06-02-2011 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
forgot to try to add the new chicks pic...

mj5 06-02-2011 03:37 PM

I'm baaaaaack! We had such a great time!!!!! I didn't have a chance to check in because to be honest, by the time we went back to the hotel each night, I was SO tired!!! I did pretty well with food choices, it was so much harder thatn I thought it was going to be (and I thought it was going to be hard!!!). I ended up emailing my trainer at one point because even though I was really trying to make decent choices, I was not eating anywhere near as healthy as I am used to and I was feeling it let me tell you! Ugh....Tuesday I felt icky most of the day...tired, no energy, just yuck. Hard to believe that I probably felt like that a lot (if not worse) and just didn't realize how bad I felt. Anyway, he was awesome, as always!

I will catch up with everyone later, just wanted to pop in quick before we go get groceries....ahhhh, the joys of coming home from vacation! LOL!

lottie63 06-02-2011 04:19 PM

mj I am jealous, you had a trip AND are getting groceries! haha. We need them so bad, prolly won't get them until sunday though and that's only if I don't work, if not, monday. man we have no food!

So, I just wanted to say I'm very proud of myself because last night at 1130 p.m when my bf got home from work I surprised him with the idea that we should try our first c25k run! It was glorious. we ran at the park and other than aggrivating an hip issue I didn't know was as bad as it is (I saw a doc today cuz last night when we got home I couldn't even stand.) It felt amazing.

Doc said it seems muscular, take 600 mgs ibuprofen 3 times a day for 2 weeks and come back if it still hurts and we'll set up pt.

MORE pt. augh. haha

My not tracking is going well, I'm eating very healthy and once we get groceries it will be even easier. ha.

Beverlyjoy 06-03-2011 07:52 AM

Hi friends.. sorry to be MIA.

I got on the scale today.I have not been able/willing to face the scale for about ten days. I am up to 222 - ugh. I need to keep on trying. I will get up and make a plan. I need to stay away from sugar. Feeling sad about the gain... hopefully, it will motivate me.

I pulled a muscle in my back. (last Sunday) It's slowly healing. The medicine can sometimes make me retain water.

I've been wearing my foot/ankle braces - up to over an hour a day. I've been able to walk on the grass for patches of time.

My laptop is broken. It is uncomfortable sitting at my desk top computer because of the angle of sitting. But - I am grateful to have this back-up.
Less computer time, I guess.

Now you are caught up in my world. Hugs to you all for your continued support.

DixC Chix 06-03-2011 09:09 AM

I have been struggling since the holiday weekend. Can't seem to get an on plan day. I'm gonna sit down with myself and have a good talking to.

jab91864 06-03-2011 08:20 PM

mj5~ Glad you are back, and had fun. Coming home is sooo much work isn't it.. It's very hard to stay OP away from home but overall it sounds like you did pretty well.

Beverlyjoy~ I'm sorry you seem to be a bit overwhelmed right now. Keep the faith and don't get down on yourself, it will only defeat you. :hug: Feel better!!

DixC Chix ~ I find it I go off plan it's a struggle to get back to towing the line. My calories have been good, some of my choices are still in question though. Twice this week I have come home from work late, over hungry and inhaled my food....luckily I was in my calorie range.

I have to work tomorrow, I hate being there on a Saturday. :p But I have tons to get done so maybe I will get more accomplished away from the hustle bustle of a weekday. :dizzy:

Hope everyone has a GREAT night!!!

mj5 06-03-2011 11:09 PM

Hi everyone! I am still in the process of getting caught up. Today was busy, nothing new there LOL! Gym workout this am, errands, did my niece's makeup for her Sr Ball, then went to a 2 hour zumba class/fundraiser. It was for diabetes awareness. Tomorrow, more zumba THEN a mani/pedi ..... ahhhh, time to relax!

jab--That veggie ques. sounded awesome! It is a lot of work to come home...laundry, grocery shopping, picking up the "sweet beagle sisters" from the kennel.....I am SO glad to have them home!!!! They are clean and exhausted--in fact one is sleeping on each side of me right now. Sorry to hear you have to work tomorrow.

lottie--LOL! Yes, groceries were a must! AWESOME job on the c25k run! Hope your hip feels better!

Beverlyjoy--BIG hugs to you!!! You CAN do this, I know you can.

DixC Chix--How was that talking to? Ugh, it is SO easy to go off plan and SO hard to get back on track. Not fair!!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!

lottie63 06-04-2011 07:44 AM

Got groceries last night. Also went shopping. My band size has gone down so my cup size went up, I'm a 40F, welcome back to 'it's impossible to find a bra in the store' alicia!

haha

I bought about 10 bags of canned stuff (beans, corn, etc), pasta, fruits and veggies, need to go back for rice and tofu cuz I forgot, it was about 100$ for what will end up being about 11 bags of groceries. Not too shabby.

I also got a nitey and a new swim top along with my dumb boring but comfy beige bra. ha.

Also, I'm way too paranoid to not track, Going back. I really prefer the certainty. Anyhow, did c25k run 2 last night!

mj5 06-05-2011 07:59 AM

Good Morning! Can't believe it is Sunday already! Back to work tomorrow....but I am NOT thinking about that yet!

lottie--yea for getting groceries! Awesome bargain shopper!!!! That stinks about bra sizes...I have a really good friend who has always had a hard time finding her size, very frustrating.

Melinda--How are you doing?

Mani/pedi yesterday was wonderful! Then I stopped by the outlet mall for a bit. I found some amazing deals! I bought a lightweight jacket that is waterproof (but doesn't look like a rain jacket...if that makes any sense, LOL!). It was $20 at the Columbia outlet! I also found an awesome UnderArmour zip up hooded sweatshirt for $15! It was hard to restrain myself....I want to look good (and feel good about all of my hard work), BUT I also don't want to buy a ton of stuff because I am not wearing it very long.

I bought 2 pairs of Clark's sandals--also SUPER bargains there--that will be good for my feet AND they are cute....not easy to find, especially in sandals!

So what is everyone up to today? Zumba for me. Then just lounding w/ the "sweet beagle sisters". They are still SO tired from being at the kennel, LOL! Lots of running/sniffing....they played with other beagles, so I know they had a great time. They actually love going to the kennel....there is an acre fenced in and they get to run and sniff to their hearts content! Whenever we pick them up, they are happy and tired. Gotta love that!

Have a great day everyone!

lottie63 06-05-2011 09:23 AM

dixc- how was your sit down with yourself? Hope you were able to get on track

jab- Yesterday was awful at work! Wished I wasn't there too. Hope today is better, but it's TOM and so I'm super annoyed at life. ha.

mj-- furry friends are the best. :D

So today will be week 1 run 3 of c25k for me and bf. I am liking it but fear for next week. ha.

Probably going to stop in today at the gym today to see about a trial week to make sure it's something sustainable for us and to see how much everything will be, etc.

Next month is a 3 paycheck month so bf and I are planning a weekend trip top philly and nyc. :D EXCITEMENT.

jab91864 06-05-2011 09:49 AM

Morning all .....

:cheer: :cheer3: I am in ONEDERLAND :cheer2: :cheer3: , I got on the scale, not really expecting to make it. Looked, got off the scale, got back on the scale, got off the scale, then repeat again...lol.

I have today off work and am trying not to think about having to go back tomorrow. I am keeping a light schedule today, my pain level is too much today which bums me out. I have been using my arms too much gardening and it's caught up with me.

I weeded heavily last night and watered then did some feeding this morning early.... I was too beat to get it done last night. The biting bugs are absolutely horrid this year. I look like a leper I have so many bites. I grabbed more Cutter wipes to help keep them off me, it's just I have to stop to use them normally by the time I think of it it's too late in the process.

Lottie~ I was super annoyed at work yesterday and it's becoming too much a regular thing for me. The market is bad and I remind myself to be thankful but some days it's super difficult..lol. Since I am in menopause it's always my TOM :p

mj5~ I know a floater supervisor at work , he lives downstate, and he takes his dogs to a daycare once or twice a week and they absolutely love it. They swim and play and have doggie birthday parties, sometimes he shows me little video clips, it's very cute.

Hope everyone has a Super Fantastic day !!!

mj5 06-05-2011 06:10 PM

Jab--congratulations!!!! Way to go!

lottie63 06-05-2011 10:19 PM

great job--jab. haha, congrats!

:D

mj5 06-06-2011 05:30 AM

Good Morning!

jab--I didn't want you to be lonely in onederland, so I thought I would join you!!!!! OMG! I can't believe it!!! I was away for 5 days, did the best I could with food choices, worked my booty off when I came home and lost 3lbs last week!!!! I am THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone. I need to get ready for work....

lottie63 06-06-2011 08:20 AM

Wow, congrats mj, look at you guys goooooo!

DixC Chix 06-06-2011 09:27 AM

That little sit down has been effective. I'm ready and willing...again. Thanks for all the good thoughts - it really helped put it back in perspective.

B1: 2 hb eggs, pumpkin, coffee
B2: greek yogurt
L: 3 turkey & bean soft tacos, 3 apricots
D: salmon, broccoli, carrots, cherries, yogurt, pecans
E: stretch yoga, water aerobics

Yesterday, I went to our local farmer's market and bought lettuce, grass-fed organic ground beef, organic pecans and a fig tree sapling!! And earlier, my neighbor gave me an heirloom tomato plant. Guess I'm not done in the garden yet. But this is IT.

BBL for personals.

DixC Chix 06-06-2011 03:30 PM

jab & mj5 - Congrats on Onederland!! You guys ROCK! Woohoo!! You worked hard to get to there.

Beverlyjoy - I hope the brace is working out for you. As with all things physical, you just need to ease into it. Hope your back is feeling better.

jab - can I just say Awwwwww. Those 3 fat chicks are so cute! ;) I'm a native born Michigander so I can commiserate with you on the 'skeetos and the crazy weather. Like Sonny Elliot used to say, if you don't like the weather, wait an hour... it'll change.

mj5 - glad you're back safe and sound. Sounds like you had a blast. You are a bargain shopper extraordinaire! When we were both OOT at the same time, my sis and I had a suite for our dogs (2 ea) at the Canine Country Club. They had 2 couches and a TV set to the Animal Planet channel and got 'ice cream' treats every day. I do love my animals

lottie - you too! 11 bags for $100 is fantastic. How exciting to be planning a vaca to Philly and the Big Apple. Hope the gym works out for you...er... or rather that the gym works you out!!:D

mj5 06-07-2011 08:41 AM

Good Morning! Thanks for the congrats! The really cool thing is, the last time I was at 199 was right around the time my dad died. Yesterday on my weigh in day when I got back down to 199, it would have been my dad's 67th bday. :)

DixC Chix--Glad to hear the sit down was effective. The farmers market sounds wonderful! I just noticed that the little one by my work started today....guess I better check it out! Awww, the Country Club sounds awesome! We love our Sweet Beagle Sisters too. Yes, I LOVE to bargain shop...its a good thing too...I am going through sizes like crazy right now (and that's a GREAT thing!)

lottie--your trip sounds awesome!!!! My mom, sis, niece, and I are planning a trip to NYC later this summer. I can't wait!!!

DixC Chix 06-07-2011 12:39 PM

Good Morning!!

L: 3 turkey & bean soft tacos, 3 apricots
D: organic beef burger, broccoli, carrots, cherries, yogurt, pecans
E: 1.5 hours in garden

I got my fig sapling and the new tomato planted. I emptied the wine barrel of its contents and removed the plastic liner. I think the liner was conducting heat to the roots of the plants I would put in it, killing first the herbs and then the strawberries. I also moved the barrel off the concrete patio to a spot where the drainage won't stain it.

I will make a trip back to Lowe's to get more strawberries today as well as a stop at Penney's for summer tops and/or light gym shoes. I have a $10 coupon and a 15% discount.

I got a small part time job doing odd jobs (gardening, patio cleaning, ironing, etc) for an older woman (she's got bad arthritis). Its once a week for 4-6 hours. I start tomorrow morning. This will take the place of my Wednesday a.m. water aerobics and I'm okay with that cuz its paid exercise!

lottie63 06-07-2011 04:46 PM

Spend about 80 mins at the gym. Had to leave earlier than I wanted to get lunch with a friend she had to go to work. (She went with me to the gym).

She's joining too! wooo! A month free for me! :D

I absolutely loved it. :D did a bike with a video screen and terrain, (you steer, go up and down hill, resistance changes, etc.) did a cross training elliptical type thing and swam laps. :D

jab91864 06-07-2011 09:01 PM

mj5~ ConGraTs and welcome to Onederland!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Lottie~ a Vacation sounds GREAT!!! Really something fun to look forward to. Workout sounds awesome!!

DixC Chix ~ I bought a fig too...lol. Although being in a northern climate it will have to be moved inside for the winter months. I did see how I could try to grow it like a shrub and cover it in the winter and hope it survives but I think this year we will stay in the pot and see how it works out. It was a whim purchase. The job sounds fun~~

I ended up staying late at work yesterday because we got slammed, but since we are on a NO overtime policy I left a little early today and have to leave early another day this week too. But then they called a mandatory teleconference and I had to go back into work this evening, so it didn't do me much good. But on the upside I was below my calories last night because I stayed over and didn't have extra food with me...lol

We had a good soaking rain last night, lots of lightening too. Today was hot and muggy...ugh. I wanted a cold Pepsi soooooo bad today but I resisted.

I hope everyone has a good evening!!!

mj5 06-08-2011 05:38 AM

Good Morning everyone!

I was a little annoyed yesterday...we had this manager "retreat" thing planned at my supervisors house. It was really nice of her to do it. The plan was for us to have lunch at her house and hang out, walk around the cute little town she lives in, whatever. I talked to her ahead of time and told her that I was planning on bringing my own food (she knows what I am doing--nutrition-wise) and she was totally ok with it. So, we all get there and she announces that she was really busy with stuff w/ her kids (she had two sons moving out of her house on the same day...I totally get it), so she made reservations for us at a local restaurant instead--her treat. Grr. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I didn't appreciate her taking us all out to lunch. It was super nice of her to do. BUT....I didn't get a chance to plan and just coming off vacation, I have been really sticking to my nutritionl plan. Luckily, they had an awesome mixed green salad w/ grilled chicken that was amazing. I was able to resist the ice cream AND the french pasteries that she had back at her house afterwards. I munched on an apple that I brought instead. Everyone was super supportive and asked what I had been doing. I shared my progress pics and they asked a lot of ?? One of the girls was even asking me for workout tips. LOL!!! In the end it was totally fine and actually a LOT of fun. Working in human services (any job really...we all have our stresses), we rarely have time to relax and enjoy each other's company. We are lucky enough to work with some really cool people and have a great management team.

DixC Chix--What a nice thing you are doing for that lady! I know she is paying you, but I am sure she appreciates it so much!!! I have a $10 coupon for Penny's too...I am going to stop at the mall after my pre-op stuff on Friday to see what I can spend it on :)

lottie--That's awesome!!!! So glad you loved the gym AND are getting a free month!

jab--Thanks! Ugh, hope work settles down! It is going to be super hot here today...I am going to hide in my office today, lol! I have TONS of work to catch up on, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Beverlyjoy--hope you are doing well. Thinking about you!

melinda--Hi! Pop in and let us know how you are!

Hi to everyone else who stops by!

I talked to my Wellness Coach last night. He told me that he has been contacted by someone on the marketing team and they want my "story". I actually laughed when he said that. He assured me he was serious. He said that everyone is really excited about my progress and attitude. Once it "sunk in" a bit I was actually speachless (something that doesn't happen often, LOL! He said he would give me the 'heads up' so I could be prepared when they call. I'm still kind of in shock....I mean, ME?! REALLY???

I am going to be doing update measurements and pics again next week (hard to believe it has been another month already!). Can't wait to see the difference!

Ok, I REALLY need to get ready for work!

Esofia 06-08-2011 08:19 AM

Hello everyone, thought I'd join in!

Main plan for June: finish. the. *%&Ģing. baby. quilt. for. my. cousin. Seriously, I've been dawdling for so long that it feels like much more work than it is. Sashing is quilted, finished quilting the blocks last night and have just marked up the borders, so I feel like I'm on the last lap now. Of course, I should also be careful not to overdo it and quilt myself into RSI again.

Exercise is doing well, I'm building it up very gradually (now on 5 min total, woo hoo) but I think this is the longest I've ever managed to sustain an exercise programme without ending up with a relapse.

Scales are being annoying, I've been on a plateau for the last ten days. I've only been dieting 7 weeks and only had the scales for 3 weeks, so I do at least know that I've lost some weight and I'm just glad this didn't happen when I'd only just bought the scales. I feel slimmer and the food plan is doing fine, so I will just wait it out.

And on the topic of the weather, because I'm British so how can I resist such a conversation, we've been getting extremes here too. Lovely hot sunny day on Friday, mixed weather since, quite a violent hailstorm yesterday.

mj5 06-08-2011 08:38 AM

Esofia--Welcome! Good luck with the quilt! What are you doing for exercise? Ugh, scales can certainly be annoying! Keep at it, you certainly have the right attitude! Not loving the hot weather today...but I know some people do. It is going to be rough at the gym tonight, but it's all good!

DixC Chix 06-08-2011 09:28 AM

lottie - Oooo, cool you got the free gym month and I'm so glad you picked the gym with the pool. Sounds like it is high end with the electronic stuff. Nice!

jab - I have been researching figs for months but unwilling to pay shipping charges. Then I found a local guy. I was a bit nervous about the winters here too but the Figman says to just make a surround with chicken wire and fill it with leaves. Leaves?...I got plenty of them!!! I have often thought that although the money is nice to have in this economy, time off (comp time or credit time or whatever) is better for mental health and family.

mj - you're gonna be a STAR!!! Its not so hard to believe - you've lost 100# so far. That is success by any definition. And you are very photogenic. PRE-OP??? What? I hope everything is okay. You did great with the ad hoc restaurant luncheon and resisting yummy desserts.

Esofia - Welcome!! Awww, a baby quilt?!!! Maybe you can post a pix when its finished. Not overdo it...RSI...relapse? Hope you are doing okay. Gradual increase is the way to go!

L: 3 turkey & bean soft tacos, grapes
D: organic beef burger, broccoli, carrots, cherries, yogurt
E: odd jobs

Weather - We have had smoke filled air from AZ fires for about 10 days now. *cough, hack* Still no rain and none in sight.
Shopping - I got 5 cotton tops, jean shorts and a rain (haha) jacket for $60. Two of the tops are sorta sleeveless - loose, lacy cap sleeves.
Garden - I got 6 more strawberries planted in the barrel. Now this is it. Really. For sure. Nothing else. :rolleyes: Yeah, right. :D

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

jab91864 06-09-2011 07:31 AM

I ate too much last night. :( It wasn't a binge but it was too much, it didn't help that it was super muggy and I had no plan on what I was going to eat after work. Which turned into nibbling... :( As we know nibbling adds up quickly...

I was stressed from work as usual but this week corporate has sent a LOT of changes down the pike. My supervisor is so upset she wants to quit and take me with her...lol. At this stage it is nothing more than a dream because the job market is so bad, there is no place to go she just hasn't realized it yet. Basically everyone in the dept is upset.

I've already made a tuna pasta salad for dinner tonight. I promised to cut the ex's hair after work so it will be another later evening getting home, having something made to eat will help.

mj~ you're going to be famous!!!! ;) :D That is very kewl

lottie~ good job on the gym and the pool sounds great !!

DixC Chix ~ I had never entertained the thought of a fig because of my region but ended up buying a Chicago hardy online when I was buying blueberries and cranberries from ediblelandscaping.

esofia~ Welcome!!!!

mj5 06-09-2011 08:32 AM

Good Morning! Hope you are all having a great day! It's another hot one here. I had a fantastic workout last night, I was a sweaty disgusting mess when I was done, but I felt AMAZING! Also received some encouraging words from my trainer, which always helps too.

DixC Chix--Oh dear...hope you get some rain. AWESOME shopping trip!!! LOL! Thanks for pointing out that I have lost 100lbs...when I saw that, I was like what??? then I looked at my ticker! WOW. Oh yea, everything will be fine. During my un-ending week of drs appts last month, I found out I have some very large cysts on my left ovary. They can't be drained and won't go away on their own. I also have endometriosis and a fibroid. Fun stuff. I have had the procedure before (it's day surgery...they actually go through the base of the belly button). I'll be tired and sore Thurs and Fri, but by Sat I'll feel fine. Unfortunately, I will be on FORCED rest at least through Sunday. My hubby is taking time off from work obviously to take me for the surgery, but also to stay home and "entertain" me....he knows I am NOT content to sit around and do nothing.....at least not anymore. ;)

jab--I'm sorry work is so stressful. Great job planning for dinner tonight!

I still can't believe the whole wanting my "story" thing....I literally stopped talking when he told me that. I'll let you guys know if/when it happens. I am going to send him my next set of update pics..if they use pics, I want them to have the MOST recent ones!

lottie63 06-09-2011 09:30 AM

Short work day, 11-2, wooo! Then gym. yay!

mj5 06-09-2011 10:51 AM

lottie--YEA, gotta love that! Whatcha going to do at the gym today?

DixC Chix 06-09-2011 11:18 AM

*stretch*
Good Golly! Good Morning!
I had an enjoyable work day yesterday. My hammies and gluts are screaming but I can't wait to go back. I ended up working 6 hours. Luckily I packed a snack (1 soft taco and grapes) that turned into a light lunch. It was nothing like I expected. The older woman with arthritis??? She is not so old (60's), has some arthritis but is very active and wants to save her hands for golf. She is VERY particular about her gardens and house but she can afford to be. She is uber rich and uber nice (she provided sunscreen, etc, made sure I had enough ice water, generously paid me $15/hr!! :cb:)

With a surgeon's precision, I pulled weeds in flower beds, trimmed and deadheaded flowers, did some fertilizing. She lives on a huge beautiful compound in the ritzy part of town. The big house and gardens are too much for her to do on her own so she brings in help. She has a housekeeper, landscaper, pond guy, tree trimmer, etc. My BIL is a decorative painter and has done several of her room redo's. (She has a annual $25K budget for redecorating unless she is remodeling which she did last year.) Recently he noticed parts of her irrigation system were watering nothing. (Not a good thing :nono: in the desert.) She asked him to improve it so he has been there every Wednesday for about a month. In that month, he has saved her 15000 gals of water and they are still going through the system. He is also working on refinishing a spectator's bench at her private golf range. Yeah, I know!!! :yikes: I am so grateful. This is a good gig for me.

Today I have a Homeless Ministry meeting at church and I am undecided about walking there because of the smoke and ash in the air. I will also make a grocery run for fresh fruits and veggies.

B1: grits with cheese, cherries
L: still having soft tacos but I love them!!!
D: another beef patty with carrots and broc, skinny cow ice cream bar
E: ?

jab - I'm a former Michigander and my folks used to live 'up north' near Lewiston and Gaylord. Having a garden in that climate and soil is a big, big challenge. Hats off to you. Tuna pasta salad? Yum-mee! One of my fav summer dishes. I, too, usually do my worst diet damage when I don't have a plan. Shifting corporate plans and priorities are big time stressors but having a supervisor with whom you can commiserate can make it easier.

mj - large ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibroid...BT,DT. Hope all goes well with the surgery. Maybe your story will get picked up by the online news sites (CNN) like some others on these boards. You're gonna be a star dah-ling!!!

lottie - Yay for going to the gym!!! And such a nice one, too!!

Beverlyjoy - How ya doin'??

Sandi 06-09-2011 01:45 PM

jab and mj5 - just noticed your ONEDERLAND status!!!

:cheer2::cheer3: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer3:

That's awesome!!!! I have added you both to the Official Onerland all stars list!!! :D

mj5 06-09-2011 03:46 PM

DixC Chix--WOW. That is a good gig, well, for you. LOL! I'm not a weed pulling kind of a gal..which means, I don't know which is a weed and which is a plant, LOL!!! Yep, me too...at this point, it is more of an inconvenience than anything. Oh geez, I don't know about all that hoopla.....

Sandi--Thanks! It's still kind of surreal.....

Tonight is Zumba and I am really glad! It's going to be hot, hot, hot, but that's ok! I have been stuck in my office all day because it is so hot, I'm ready to MOVE!

Darkblue 06-09-2011 04:01 PM

MJ5 and Jab, congratulations on Onederland!!!! How awesome is that? :dancer:

I'm only down a pound and a half, but it's a "real" pound and a half, not water. I might be down more, but last week ended up being two good/on plan meals a day, then a sudden "have to" eat out due to job.

I've been reading the Eat to Live book this week and wondering if I ought to try it. I can go without meat or sweets--not a problem--but eliminating dairy and bread/cereal stuff would be really difficult. :(

melinda34 06-09-2011 11:22 PM

I'm ba-a-ack!
Mj and Jab -wowsy wow wow for onederland!!

It's been so hot here, I'm not motivated to cook. Just kinda blah -
Really need to plan and do some exercise. Will work on that this weekend -- starting and a plan.
today's food:
b: scram eggs/ 1/2 potato & salsa
l: grilled chicken on WW thin, barley & roasted veg
s: frozen custard, whole fat, full sugar - dang I couldn't resist, but it was only 1/2 c.
d: carnitas burrito/black beans, lettuce, tomato, salsa. yum

cleaned out the "junk room" - which is really the guest room, wow we had alot of junk!

mj5 06-10-2011 07:46 AM

Good Morning! It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I have my pre-op stuff, then I am going to run some errands, go to the gym, and get groceries.

Darkblue--Thanks! It is SO awesome!!!! CONGRATS on your loss!!! I'm not familiar with that, but it sounds pretty restrictive.

melinda--Hi! Thanks! your menu for yesterday looks yummy!!! LOL!!! Sounds like our "guest/junk room"

I have decided that next week during my "forced rest" after surgery, I am going to write down my weight loss journey so far. I will share it with you once I have it all written down. I have been sharing a lot on facebook, but I think it is time to "put it ALL out there" so to speak.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

DixC Chix 06-10-2011 12:43 PM

mj - I spent my life (school, career) inside at a desk and now I want to be outdoors. I would rather do something anything outside than inside. I am looking forward to reading about your journey.

Darkblue - 1.5 pounds is a very good loss especially when you have those unexpected challenges. For me, restrictive diets just don't work for the long haul. And with 130+ to lose, I knew it would be a loooong haul! Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

melinda - Glad to see you're back. I have one of those junk/guest rooms, too. I cleaned a garbage bagful out this spring. Yum - burritos. Anything in a tortilla with salsa is yum!!

B1: coffee, greek yogurt
B2: grapes
L: Jason's Deli chicken wrapini (lunch with the gym ladies)
D: maybe lunch leftovers
E: water aerobics

I still have to go to the grocers for fruit and veggies and then prep pickles for Saturday Homeless Ministry bag lunch this afternoon.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend, everybody!!!

mj5 06-10-2011 10:14 PM

What a day! The pre-op stuff went fine. Then I decided to do a little bargain shopping. I found a pair of 9 West cropped jeans that fit perfect at Marshall's for $10!!! I went to the mall and as I was leaving, my car just died. Awesome. Luckily, no one hit me....It took forever for AAA to show up and tow it. We talked to the mechanic at our garage and it sounds like the fuel pump, but obviously he won't know until he looks at it. Grrr! It could have been much worse, well...let's see if I am still saying that when the repairs are done! LOL!

DixC Chix--I think its great that you love planting and working outside. I wish I at least liked it. We have a huge yard and it could be gorgeous...but I just don't have the desire (or know how) to do anything with it. I am looking forward to writing about my journey! I have shared bits and pieces w/ some friends and they are very encouraging and can't wait to read the whole thing either.

Tomorrow is Zumba AND the gym. I didn't get to the gym tonight because it took so long w/ my car. I am not going to skip a workout, so I'll get it in tomorrow. I'll visit my grandmother and mom. Then of course, there is the usual "Saturday" cleaning/errands/laundry/pay bills, etc. Hubby has to work, so I will be his chauffeur so I can have his car for the day. Sunday and Monday I will probably borrow my grandmother's "Petey" (that's what she has named her PT Cruiser). I hate to ask her, but she doesn't drive much anymore. I am hoping my car will be fixed by Monday.

lottie63 06-10-2011 10:59 PM

dixc, I need to get some stuff too. It seems like I'm always spending money. booooo! :(

mj, re: AAA, isn't that the way? :( Can't wait to ready our story!

darkblue, it's been over a month of a stall for me, I WISH I was down a lb and a half!!!! ;) Weigh in on sunday!

Well, Today was insanely busy, as a matter of fact, it's 11 p.m and it STILL is busy! I worked 11-3, then met up with bf and we got lunch, I got hummus wiht veggies and he signed up for the 3 free days at the gym. He was really nervous and scared but he came out of it okay, he actually didn't want to leave! It was great. :D

We were only there about an hour cuz they close early on the weekends, then we went and got a drink at a coffee shop, and then saw Super 8, which I liked but joey wasn't too impressed. :( Then again, he loved this past south park which I thought was stupid. Oh well.

ha.

Then we came home and now I'm doing laundry. Will this day ever end? Getting up early tomorrow and hitting the gym before work, and maybe for an hour after work.

woooo! :)