Question about different ways of eating

• Does anyone combine different ways of eating into a plan that works for you?

I have been just doing it by counting calories. I have read a little about low carb, and sugar busters, and some of the things they say make sense, but I end up feeling confused and like these are too ristrictive and something that I will have trouble sticking to.

Are there any books that anyone could suggest that helps a person to understand those ~ or a variation of those ways of eating ~ that is less confusing to someone starting out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ~ glynne

• Hi glynne!! If you were interested in the low carb/sugar buster plans...I would reccomend spending some time over in the low carb section here at 3FC. There are tons of women over there that would be very happy to help you in any way they can. They all follow different plans, and they also vary certain plains, kind of tweak them to their satisfaction.
    I guess that it takes alot of experiment to really know what will work and what you could live with. This is all about making lifetime changes. So, I think your question is a good one. We all need to find something, a plan or a diet that we can stick with, and that works.

Good Luck!

• Hey Glynne..

Jennifer is right about experimenting... I now know what healthy foods fill me up and which ones satisfy different cravings I have. When people suggest different new healthy foods - try them - or combine them with other foods. This process does take some time .. but really use a jounal and not only write down what you ate but how you felt about it.

ie... sure a 6 point (ww points) donut does sure taste good but doesn't fill me up at all!!!

or ... 1 point for 3 slices of turkey bacon - what a dream! - filling and chewy

1 point for an orange - time consuming to peel - lots of fiber and sweet

write down what food does for you.

I hope this helps!
  • I would recommend the "Insulin Resistance Diet" by Mary Kay Grossman. It's similar to the Zone but easier to understand, IMO. I thought that "Mastering the Zone" was the best of the zone books, if you want to look at it also.

Good luck with whatever plan you decide to use!