Does anyone else have "magic" numbers?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • You know, numbers that aren't technically landmarks ( like 100 marks or 50 marks) but random ones? For me, 229 is a big one. to be out of the 230's will be a great day. Also 208, when i was 18 I had a surgery on my birthday (fix a broken bone in my foot) and weighed in at 209. So 208 will be the lowest i've ever been in my adult life! anyone else have numbers like this?? Or am I just crazy haha
  • No it's not crazy... I can't wait to get into the 100's and out of the 200's!
  • The 230's were, and the 220's are proving to be, very difficult for me. Loss seems slower, I still can't fit into a particular pair of pants.....so I look forward to the 2teens and of course onederland....but i think just getting out of the 220's will encourage me to keep plugging away.
  • Definitely! The last time I was really working at losing weight, I was able to get down to 199. I was thrilled....and it lasted for about 2 seconds. Now, I just want to get to 198. To get past that mentally....ugh, yep.
  • For me, 212 is one that I remember clearly as a milestone. I'm not sure why, but it sticks with me.
  • 190, apparently? I've been stuck here for AGES.

175lbs is a big one for me too. I've lost weight a number of times since graduating college but that was always the lowest i could go.
  • the only really 'random' milestone in my weight loss is 267. i need to get there to pass where i gave up last time i tried to lose weight.
  • For me, it's 244. I was around that weight for years. After college, I started gaining again, so getting back there would be a huge bonus. After that, it's 220 - I was there once in my adult life and I actually had cheekbones.
  • in 2004 I lost 70 lbs, so 228 is a big number for me because that will put me at -71 lbs lost, the most ever for me. (but not back at my 2004 weight, which was 190, I gained 40 lbs on top of the 70 I'd regained)

and of course 190.
  • 229. I weighed 233 for YEARS! Then I gained a bunch of weight. Im currently back down to 233 but I can't wait to be out of the 230's!! This "decade" of weight has been a booger to get out of!
  • I am having a tough time getting out of the teens ! I just want to be 199 ! can't wait !!!
  • myhalo, I feel ya! I'm stuck at 230!
  • I wanna be 189.. I don't know why.. But I really really wanna be it.. haha
  • 199 - my wedding weight.
    180, my high school graduation weight
    149 - my lowest adult weight and the weight I was when I met my husband.
  • I notice that I am not the only one in the "needs to lose a hundred or more" crowd that does not have a pile of over 250 numbers in their wishlist of weights. I like the one for the wedding, graduate and wedding weights and so hope Pandora realizes them. Those are real numbers.

I have totally fake ones. Fake meaning no good sentiment attached. For real ones I have plenty. My whole life can be recalled either by what I ate or weighed.

So the meaningless ones (to everyone but me):
    268. That will be the weight I will be when I have exactly 100 pounds to goal weight.
    249 - because my body loves my fat and wants to hang in the 250's FOREVER.
    213 - One more pound beyond my lowest in a decade.
    199 - Onederland (I just got that! I am thick!!)
    186 - it is the weight I put on my drivers license. Gosh that just makes me laugh!