Ok ladies....thigh fat question

• So,

I know that everyone loses weight differently. However, my thighs seem to be sagging (actually melting) and I'm not sure if I should be doing more strength training. Currently, I do cardio about 3-5 days a week. I also do a boot-camp 3 days a week. The bootcamp is mostly strength training (full body). My thighs are getting smaller. However, they are VERY jiggly (inner thigh area). Again, I know they will be jiggly before they get tighter. However, it looks like my thighs are melting A LOT...and I have these fat pads on my inner thighs...It just looks terrible (esp when naked). Also, bad in pants as well. Is this normal? Should I add MORE leg training or is this just part of the process? Thanks!!
  • Sadly I have the same thing, my thighs are and always have been the worst part of my body. Cellulite and flab
  • I don't really know much about this, but from what I understand, it has a lot to do with your age and skin....and how many times it has been stretched out with fat. So, the more times you've gained and lost, and the more weight has expanded the skin, the less likely it is to "bounce back." Also, there's not much that can be done to spot reduce. However, the more muscle you have in there, the more the muscles sort of fill up the loose skin. Does that make sense? All that said, things will get a lot smaller as you lose more weight. Does that make sense? I'm having a similar problem with my thighs too...inner thighs. There's a lot of extra fat and skin there and I can't wait to have it gone. However, I've yo-yo'd so many times that I have done quite a bit of what is probably permanent damage. Not much I can do about it, but the less fat that is in there now, the better I'll look in clothes at least.
  • Ugh, the dreaded inner thighs...mine are the same way. It looks like they are melting downward and inward...blech! I think they will eventually tighten up with the more weight we lose, but I think work needs to be done on the muscles in there. I know that rollerblading really helps tighten up my upper legs, so I'm going to start doing that again this summer.
  • The inside of my thighs look like sagging elephant skin My dermatologist recommended that I exfoliate and use a moisturizer - specifically coconut oil on my skin at least twice per week. She also told me that it would take up to two years before I will know how much my skin will recover.

I have to be very careful about the sun so I don't worry that I will not be able to wear shorts. Ironically, I will have a better bathing suit body but I will have to switch to the kind that has little shorts because of the extra skin. It is a problem, but all in all, I would rather be thin.

I do low impact aerobics for my cardio and I believe that my legs are shaping up nicely due to that. Good luck
  • Thanks, ladies.

I guess it will be a wait and see. I'm not THAT old (32). But, my thighs have been bigger my entire adolescent and adult life.....I don't go up and down in weight....more like up and up! But, the inner thigh is just a mess....my outer thigh is quite muscular (for a size 18/20 thigh, that is).

It's good to know that they will get smaller.....that's even hard to see at this point.
  • Oh hai! I'm having this same problem too and I hate it. As my thighs are shrinking, this area is just getting looser and droopier, for lack of better word. I'm scared it will stay this way forever
  • SPANX it up!
  • Quote: SPANX it up!
    I was going to say the same thing. I can not sing the praises of Spanx enough! Discovering the tank top changed my life. It didn't make me skinner, but my clothes fit so much better and there are no lumps and bulges to show under tee shirts. I would imagine the bottoms would do the same for thighs. I don't even mind the extra layer in the summer heat because my clothes look so much better.
  • Quote: My dermatologist recommended that I exfoliate and use a moisturizer - specifically coconut oil on my skin at least twice per week.
    I recently read this too in an article on this website (http://www.3fatchicks.com/loose-skin...r-only-option/) and I started exfoliating and moisturizing the insides of my thighs and the underside of my arms religiously. I hadn't heard about coconut oil though so I'm going to build that into my regimen too! THANKS!