from obese to overweight!

• One of my biggest achievements this year was getting back on track after gaining back 40 some odd pounds. I call it an achievement because the last time I was off track I gained back all 125 pounds and landed myself right back at nearly 270pounds. Hopefully in the future when I slip I will reel it in at say 5 or 10 pounds, or even better- recover from a slip with a fresh next day.
    Today marks 8 weeks back on plan and I have lost 30 pounds!
    I weigh in regularly but monthly I do the full weigh and measure. I get all my numbers worked out and track my progress.
    Today is a joyful day because my BMI has finally dropped from obese to simply overweight. I can see "normal" is finally in sight and I can almost taste One-derland!!
    Thanks for all the support!
  • Awesome! Way to get back on plan and moving again. And, although you didn't catch it as soon as you'd have liked, not regaining all of your weight is a HUGE success. I wanna be like you when I grow up!

Keep up the good work, you're getting close to onederland!
  • Great Job!!
  • Fantastic job! I cringe anytime the scale goes greater than 5lbs. Thanks for sharing your story! It gives us inspiration to not give up and to keep on trucking.
  • Congratulations! And just so you know: I am super envious and happy for you. Going from obese to overweight is also a big goal for me that seems yet a good distance away but it is very encouraging to know that it is indeed possible! I keep imagining myself telling people I care about one day: Huh! I am finally overweight! And then to see them frowning since they do not get how that is supposed to be good news or even news for that matter!
  • Quote: I keep imagining myself telling people I care about one day: Huh! I am finally overweight! And then to see them frowning since they do not get how that is supposed to be good news or even news for that matter!
    So True! This is why we have 3FC to share these moments! I noticed in the past if I say I am losing weight to a thin friend or coworker they are usually quite happy for me but if I mention a number (I lost 45 pounds!) it boggles their mind. First they try to imagine themselves losing 45 pounds which would put them in the hospital (and sometimes want to talk this out with me- "wow, if I lost that much....) . Then they try to wrap their brain around the fact that I've lost this large number but still have a long way to go. At some point one of them will say something innocent that I will be hurt by (like, Wow that's a lot of weight, good job- jeez- How much did you weight???)- I hear, How could you let this happen?!
    In the end I find it's safest to talk of how my quality of life has improved, discussions of success/ milestones reached, or the upcoming 5k community fun run with them and save the good stuff, the nitty gritty numbers and true goals with my girls here.
  • Amazing job!
  • Great job Blinky!

It is so true what you said about people (family, friends, co-workers) who are amazed at how much weight you have lost. I constantly get comments about the weight loss and when I say I have a ways to go they are just shocked. I have told people my goal is to lose 103 pounds, but they just don't get it. I prefer to share my pain/joy with those on 3FC. Everyone here understands what you are going through. The good, bad and ugly.

And by the way, I love it that I am now overweight. Hearing my doctor tell me at one time that I was morbidly obese was a wake up call. I like how the word "overweight" sounds, but I know "normal" will be even better.
  • Quote: Everyone here understands what you are going through. The good, bad and ugly.
    This is SO true! Those that have never been obese just don't understand. (and they definitely don't get the "ugly" stuff!)
  • You are doing fantastic!
  • Thanks everyone! You're the best!