Old 04-24-2011, 03:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Default How Do I Do This??

Hi, All!

I really don't know how to start! I'm 222 pounds, and would like to lose 110. I don't have a "goal date", but I would like to set a realistic set of shorter goals (I have a wedding to attend in July; I'm graduating from college in May, 2012, etc.). I just turned 50 not all that long ago, and I'm a single, low-income parent and a full-time student. Yes, I have a lot on my plate (hmmm....that's how I got here, isn't it??), but I'm determined to do this, and do it now.

Thanks for any and all help and support you can offer!

Go, Sox

Last edited by redsoxnation; 04-24-2011 at 03:25 PM.
redsoxnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #2  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to the board. I don't have any suggestions for you, but you might want to check the Featherweights section of the board. The guys and gals there are close to their ideal weights but are still looking to lose a few.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #3  

Whoops! I wrote "122" when it should read "222"! Wishful thinking! It's been corrected now.

Still would like some advice getting started!

Sorry - and thanks in advance!

Last edited by redsoxnation; 04-24-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #4  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Hi and welcome. What has been working for me is calorie counting and weighing my food to make sure the serving size is right. As far as excerise I either walk on the tread mill or workout on my wii fit for 30 minutes to an hour 5 days a week I also drink 96oz of water. For my goals I set goals at every 25 pounds lost and I join alot of challenges on here thats gets me to even work harder. I dont know if what I do will work for you just wanted to give you a suggestion. Good luck on your journey.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Welcome to the board! I'm pretty new myself, but there's a lot of forums here for different kinds of plans (Weight Watchers, South Beach, Ideal Protein, etc). Or, if you'd rather do your own thing, there's the Weight Loss Support section which is great for general questions/support. There's also separate forums for different weights, ages, etc where you can relate to other people. Take a look around the different threads and plans and see if anything stands out to you as something reasonable for your journey. Also, take a look at the Exercise and Chicks on a Challenge boards to motivate you to challenge yourself with workouts, drinking enough water, etc. Good luck finding the right program for you, and welcome to the board!
ILRPinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #6  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
Whoops! I wrote "122" when it should read "222"! Wishful thinking! It's been corrected now.

Still would like some advice getting started!

Sorry - and thanks in advance!
I was wondering how to say "Skinny wench, I'm jealous and want to kick you" without seeming catty. (Although, 222 sounds great to me.)

Have you decided which plan you're going to follow? What about exercise?

Last edited by AZ Sunrises; 04-24-2011 at 06:17 PM.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Whatever you can STICK to like glue, is the right plan for you! For me, it was all about calories and portion control. I didn't eat horribly, just way too much. The easiest thing is to cut out treats, trim portion sizes, eat more fruit and veg and drinks lots of water, do some walking and try lifting heavy things! boom yer done! lol Good luck, and check in with us every day to say how you're getting on!
t.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #8  

Default Many, many thanks to all!

Thanks to all of you who responded! All of you provided sage (and much-needed) advice! I'm still a bit overwhelmed, but I think I'll try and peek in on some of the forums here.

AZ - I'd kick me, too, if I were that "greedy"!!

I'm really looking for a place to post regularly, folks who'll keep me on my game! I've already started trimming the portions and increasing my water intake. Now, to find some walking time!

Again, many thanks!

P.S. Where do I find the "trackers"??
Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Weight Trackers: You can get a weight tracker when you have been here 20 days and also have posted 20 times. If you would like to add a ticker to your signature, here's how to do it. Go to User CP in the purple tool bar above. On the left side choose Edit Signature. At the top of that page is where you follow the directions to make a ticker. It will walk you through the process. When you're finished making it, the code will appear. There are actually several codes visible, choose the one that says for use on 3FCs. Highlight it and then hit CTRL and the C key. Then go back to the original Edit Signature page. You can do this by hitting the BACK button several times. Then on that page, scroll down and you'll see a text box. Click your cursor into that box and then hit CTRL and the V key. The code that you copied should now be there. You can add a name or message in that box too if you want and that will become your "signature". When you're finished you'll need to scroll down just a bit further and hit Save Signature. Then you should be good to go.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #10  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
Yes, I have a lot on my plate (hmmm....that's how I got here, isn't it??), but I'm determined to do this, and do it now.
Welcome Red! LOVE the sense of humor here. That's a big part of the battle in my opinion!

I am a calorie counting, water drinking, no-T.V. waching daily exerciser! I don't watch TV by default since I decided to cancel my cable so I could afford the gym membership. It was a pretty logical trade off, huh?

Trazey's right though. You'll get tons of ideas from the members here and you'll just have to try things on for size to see what works for you.

@AZ Sunrises - Your are too funny! Your "skinny wench" joke had me cracking up this morning. Thanks for that!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #11  

Sandi - Thanks for the information; I'll get on that today!

JamiSue - Thanks for the good words. We are a "no t.v." house here (from Sunday night through Friday a.m.). I'm a full-time student, and my little one is in second grade, and honestly, it's mostly junk, anyway. We'd rather be outside!
I like idea of "mini-goals". I think I may try that for myself.

Also, I'm following a couple of different forums here. Is there an easy way to navigate around, or do I just need to try and remember where I wrote last??

Thanks!!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #12  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Welcome, at the top of the thread there is a dropdown marked "thread tools" up there just click subscribe to this thread, it will add the threads to your subscriptions list(which you can reach by going to user cp and clicking subscribed threads)
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote