Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #16  
Workin' It

I love the unsweetened almond breeze in smoothies, too. The vanilla flavor is yummy in oatmeal.

Did you peel the banana before you put it in the freezer? I ask because the first time I froze one I didn't - the peel turned black, and then the banana did, too. Since then I peel them and freeze in individual snack baggies. It stays all nice and pretty now.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #17  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I love a creme slush from Sonic, but the cals and sugar are way too much. So, I made Vanilla Sugar Free Pudding using Almond Milk (unsweet), separated it into 4 cups, allowed them to set, then mixed 7 oz Diet Orange Crush soda with it

You can make sugar free chocolate pudding with it and add coconut flavoring----MMMMM mock Almond Joy!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #18  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Wow! I can't wait to try this stuff out!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #19  

I love almond milk too. Most kinds. Lots of calcium and tastes great. I substitute it for cows milk often... but my doctor told me to be aware of my protein intake if I made a complete switch- unlike dairy products, there is very little protein in almond milk. So my Greek yogurt with 14g protein is still on the menu! Between the Almond Milk and yogurt I don't feel deprived!!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #20  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I've been wondering about all the different 'milks' that are out there but haven't been sure which ones were good or what to try. Prompted by this thread, I went out and bought a carton of the AB unsweetened vanilla. I have to say, it's pretty good! And I like that it has the same about of calcium as regular nonfat milk but about half the calories.

I don't drink a lot of milk on its own but do sometimes make cocoa using a cup of milk and an SF hot chocolate packet, so now I will try it with the almond milk. I also used some of it in my coffee this morning instead of creamer.

The downside is as someone mentioned, the lesser amount of protein, but not a big deal for me since I generally get in the recommended amount per day. It also has a bit more sodium than I'd generally like, but not a big deal.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #21  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

well, it's official -- i'm a fan!!! I wish i'd known about this stuff before LOL My friend came over and whipped up some delightful concoction with cold coffee, chocolate unsweetened A.B., a frozen banana (i didn't take enough air out of the bag first time around i guess???) and some protein powder and holy hanna it was good!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #22  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
... a frozen banana (i didn't take enough air out of the bag first time around i guess???) ...
If you peel and slice the banana before you freeze it, they won't turn black. And they're easier to eat! I have started doing that for my afternoon snack along with my Greek yogurt. Frozen banana slices take a lot longer to eat than a banana and feels more like a treat.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

i bought it too but i didnt like the taste or the texture. i think it threw me off because it says MILK but its not really like milk..its more bland white water... i try to put it into my coffee now.. lol
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I love almond milk. It has less cals, less sugar, less carbs. It's delicious, and I use it in anything I'd use milk in anyway. Like, oatmeal, cereal, smoothies, etc. It's delicious.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #25  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I am loving this thread! I have been so curious about it but wasn't sure what to do with it. I definitely need more calcium, so I'm trying it. Thanks for all the ideas!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I mix my protein shake with it.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote