Ideal :)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • For anyone struggling to think they can do it. Anyone close to 300lbs that thinks the end is an impossibility - here's a photo to inspire you
    I began at 298lbs and with a BMI of 46.82 - which is super morbidly obese . Today, just over a year after beginning my journey I weigh 162lbs and have a BMI of 24.98 which is classed as ideal I just wanted you to know it CAN be done, there WILL be struggles, but with tenacity, hard work and great friends at 3FC you can achieve your dreams.

• Congratulations!
  • Amen sista!
  • You are mega inspiration! well done!!! must be amazing to have your weight described as 'ideal'
  • Congratulations! I'm eager for the day that I can post the same.
  • Congrats! Amazing work.
  • and your center of balance is pretty good too! Congratulations!
  • WOW thats amazing! I can't wait till I'm "ideal"

Best of luck on your remaining mini-goal!
  • Thanks so much for this post. This is the first time I actually believe I am going to make it. Seeing that it can actually be done makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks & Congrats!!!
  • Your amazing! Could you please tell me how you achieved this.
  • That is awesome!
  • Thanks for the lovely comments
    I lost it by low carb dieting - I did not follow a specific plan, but I learnt along the way the things I could and couldn't eat. I have found some delicious foods, and eat very colourful, healthy things. I have been very careful not to slip up, and any time I felt myself wavering, or wanting to give up, I came and posted here. Sometimes peoples comments made me squirm (like when someone told me I had fat legs when I had lost the first 100- I didn't she was just being mean !!!). When things like that came up, I posted a thread, and the advice I received helped me work through things in my mind. I know this is a MENTAL JOURNEY. You cannot do it through diet and exercise alone, you have to understand the feelings that come with losing weight. Infact, people have shocked me alot, and getting advice from others who are going through the same thing made all the difference between success and failure. I will forever be indebted to those people, as whilst I have not agreed with everything, I have used it as food for thought and as a way to work through my issues and ideas. I also made myself accountable by weighing myself every day. This has the effect of making me understand my body, how it works, it's cycle and the fact that lack of sleep, and indeed rest, stress and TOM play havoc with the readings on the scale. This in turn has also stopped me from giving up when times have been tough, becuase I KNEW any gain was not food (I stayed OP all along). I also drink water like a camel in a drought. NEVER underestimate the power of good ole H2o
  • Yay!!!!!
  • That is awesome! I weigh daily on the wii, so that picture is a 1000 words to me (I turn of the sound on the wii, but when I forget, the "that's obese" voice drives me NUTS - can't wait for the day it says "that's ideal"!). You are truly an inspiration.
  • Amazing Starbrite! You are definitely a "mega inspiration"!