Old 04-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/230/143

Height: 5'0

Default Long time! & back at step 1

Hi everyone! Wow I haven't been on here for ages.

I was doing really good with my weight loss, I think I'd lost about 7-8kg, and then we had a 6.3mag earthquake in February & everything went totally down hill! We've been living with my parents for the past two months, because I had no sewage or mains power - we had power via a generator (ie my neighborhood), but it wasn't enough to heat hot water, and with a 4yo & 10mo (well, she'd just turned 8mo when it happened!) it was just easier to live at my parents. BUT tomorrow we move back for good... I'm just here now doing some cleaning... well, I was

Anyway - I haven't weighed myself but I know I've put most - if not all, of the weight back on, so I'm pretty much starting from square one again... and I'm really gutted about that, and peeved with myself... but I just haven't had the motivation to do it.

180-190 people lost their lives, and it was a horrible time for the city as a whole.. my own Dad had a very close call, leaving a building in which 90-something people died in, just 20 minutes before the quake hit. THAT in itself has taken a big toll on me.. imagining what would have happened, had his doctors appt been 15 minutes later....

Anyway, I'm going to be back properly from now, so I look forward to getting to know you all again....
GabrielleEmersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Glad you're safe and sound. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you and your family.

You are taking the steps to take control again in more ways than one.

Welcome back!!!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

OMG I'm so glad that you & yours are safe, it was horrifying to see the footage on tv half a world away - i can't imagine it up close & personal.

You're on a fresh start now, no sense worrying or wasting time being upset over what might have been, or a few pounds gained. You're safe and sound, and putting one foot in front of the other on to the new you!

Last edited by Trazey34; 04-22-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote