3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   NSVs (that's right, plural!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/231420-nsvs-thats-right-plural.html)

Jen516 04-20-2011 12:15 PM

NSVs (that's right, plural!)

1 Attachment(s)
Big trip this past weekend, visiting family. The people I hadn't seen since losing weight were all very complimentary, but not overly so, just the right amount! And a number of things happened that I didn't expect...

1) We had a couple of formal dinners, so I dug around in my closet and tried on a couple of things that I was certain would be too small... and they weren't! I was excited to wear these dressy clothes that I bought a while back, since I don't get to dress up very often!
2) We did a tour that required climbing 13 flights of stairs, split into two rounds. I found that I had no trouble at all!! Even after walking 4 miles with stairs for exercise that morning! A few people around me were huffing and puffing and even my skinny little brother said he could feel it a bit in his thighs... not me! :D
3) We were given special polo shirts... now, this has always been an issue... they're always men's sizes and to get it big enough to go around me, I had to get an XL which then hung down to my knees! ugh. This time, I got a L, hoping for the best... but it was too big! So I traded it for a M, thinking it would fit soon... but it fits now! yay! And the length is right, so I could actually wear it comfortably!

So, all in all, I had an amazing weekend... gained a couple of pounds back, but pleased that I easily got up each morning to exercise and didn't go CRAZY on food, just a little crazy. :D The extra pounds will come off and it all really brought home for me what the benefits of losing 70lbs really are! Still have a ways to go, but this weekend was really motivating... Oh, and the airplane ride was much more comfortable this time! :D

piper10 04-20-2011 12:18 PM

Yay Jen! And you look terrific!

scarletmeshell 04-20-2011 12:36 PM

Jen you look stunning! So glad you made wonderful memories on your trip!

goal4agirl 04-20-2011 12:47 PM

Congratulations Jen! You look so beautiful ~ healthy glowing skin, shiny hair and you look lovely in that dress :) Good job!

JamiSue3916 04-20-2011 01:39 PM

Those are some very rewarding NSVs! Such a credit to the work you've been regardless of what the scale says (which I'm sure is great anyway)!

I hear what you say about the whole shirt thing. I have always struggled with that as well. Sucks to get a nice free shirt to celebrate something you did and not even be able to wear it. I have one hanging in my closet from a 5k I walked last year and will be adding a new one for a 1/2 marathon I'm walking this year. I refused to get the larger shirt because I know I will fit into those normal sized woman cut shirts soon enough!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...nLb/weight.png

“Do you choose to simply know the path, or do you choose to walk it “

1st Mini: 5%, 277.8 (-14.6): Met 4/15/11
2nd Mini: 10%, 263.8 (-28.5)
3rd Mini: 20%, 233.9 (-58.5)
4th Mini: ONEderland, 199.9 (-92.5)
5th Mini: 100 lbs, 192.4 (-100)
Final: Goal, 175 (-117.4)

One :twirly: for every 5 lbs lost. So long suckers!!!
:twirly: :twirly: :twirly:

dewdrop1970 04-20-2011 02:00 PM

You look AMAZING! Love the dress, too! Looks so good on you

Congrats on the NSVs!

FitGirlyGirl 04-20-2011 08:48 PM

Congrats on so many NSVs! You look awesome in your dress.

Jen516 04-21-2011 08:20 AM

Thanks guys!! I had such a great weekend and I'm even more motivated to keep on... :D

NorthernExposure 04-21-2011 10:04 AM

You look great! And congrats on your NSV-filled weekend :)

joyfulloser 04-25-2011 09:19 AM

Jennnnn!!!!:hug: I just found this thread while (stalking...cough...)I mean looking for you!:p

Three words. YOU...LOOK...GORGEOUS!!!!:carrot: Was wondering where you were hiding?;) Glad to see your still doing FAB and that you had such a wonderful time with your family. Ya..NSV's are GREAT...aren't they?;) I still remember when you hated exercise...I'm so PROUD and motivated by your accomplishments!:D

I've been eating like food is going out of season all week...and so it was funny to see (on your blog) that you were also going through your hungry week. I even think we're on the same TOM schedule? I guess it's true...the old sayin that you establish the same biological clock schedule as your friends (didn't know that counted for e-friends too..:lol:)

Take care and :congrat: on your NSV's!!!