What clothes size where you and what clothes size are you right now?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I went clothes shopping today I LOVE clothes shopping now. When I started my journey in September I wore a size 4x (26/28) in shirts and pants I now wear a 1x (16/18) in shirts and pants my undies have gone down 3 sizes also. so what is everyone wearing now and what size did you wear?
  • I hate clothes shopping right now. I want cute clothes not just big clothes.

I read how much you have lost and if you wouldn't mind can you tell me what plan you are on? Your own plan or following a specific known one.

Thanks and GREAT job on your weight loss!!!
  • At my highest weight, I wore 26W pants and 26/28-30/32W tops. Currently, I am in 18-20W pants and 18/20W (1X) tops. I'm on the verge of being able to buy clothes from the regular size department!!
  • Quote: I hate clothes shopping right now. I want cute clothes not just big clothes.

I read how much you have lost and if you wouldn't mind can you tell me what plan you are on? Your own plan or following a specific known one.

Thanks and GREAT job on your weight loss!!!
    I do my own plan. I count calories staying UNDER 1500 a day I eat lots of lean meats, LOTS of veggies, whole grains, I dont deprive myself if I want something I just budget it into my calories I still eat ice cream just skinny cow ice cream I still eat cookies if I want them just 100 cal pack cookies I know if I deprived myself of things it wouldnt of worked I also make sure I weigh ALL MY FOOD on my food scale. I also drink 96oz of water a day and work out 5 days a week for 30 minutes to an hour I either use my wii fit or walk on my treadmill. Good luck on your journey and you are doing good so far.
  • When I was at my heaviest weight (probably around 235+, I don't know for sure because I was scared to weigh myself and I didn't weigh in until after I started working out) I was almost in a size 20 jeans. The size 20 was a bit too baggie and I could still squeeze myself into 18's but they were uncomfortable.

I am almost a size 12 now. Couldn't quite get those 12's zipped and my 14's are loose and falling off my butt. LOL

I was a 1x shirt size and still am. My breasts are (and always have been) very large. I wear a 38F bra. I can fit into XL tanks but regular nice shirts need to be a 1xl.
  • Quote: At my highest weight, I wore 26W pants and 26/28-30/32W tops. Currently, I am in 18-20W pants and 18/20W (1X) tops. I'm on the verge of being able to buy clothes from the regular size department!!
    ME TOO almost no more plus size I realized this today once im in a regular xl and 14 jeans Im no longer plus sized cant wait
  • I was in Lane Bryant / Torrid / plus size catalogs for as long as I can remember. I wore 28W in pants (or whatever the LB size 7 jeans are), and 3x in shirts.

I just went yesterday to Old Navy and I got size MEDIUM sun dress and 2 medium cap sweaters. Total mind f*** since they look so teeny tiny I can't believe I can get them on. I saw a pair of pants I liked that were a size 14; tried them on and they were too big. There wasn't a smaller pair so I guess I am a size 12 in pants now (might be 10, I don't know).

I have a fun story from last weekend. I need some new bras (I went from thinking I was a 44DDD, to finding out I was really an 38H, and have now shrunk down to a 32DDD) so went to Lane Bryant thinking that they would have the cup size I needed. They do, but they only go down to a 38. So as I was walking to another store in the mall, I decided to see what was in the store Forever21 since I had never stepped foot in it before. I ended up getting the CUTEST little dress. It was a size large, but being able to walk into a store and just wearing something I found cute - crazy talk. I'm still in awe of the experience. It really boggles my mind that I can buy clothes off the rack at normal stores...

I can't wait 'til I am down where I want to be and maintaining so I can start buying a "real" wardrobe instead of this temporary stuff I keep getting (except that adorable dress which I am madly in love with)

i never did find a store that carried my bra size. I ordered online from Bare Necessities which I highly recommend. I have been getting my underhtings from them for the last year.
  • I started out in February of '10 wearing 34/36W and/or 5X and a 54DD, now I'm in size 18 regular in bottoms and a XL in tops and a 40D. My shoe size also went down from a 11.5 wide to a 11 regular - I can kind of sort of squeeze it into a 10 but it's a tight fit - I'm resigning myself to the fact that I may just have HUGE feet whether I lose weight or not.
  • You're almost out of the dreaded "W" sizes! I couldn't wait to get to 14...safely away from any "W", which was a size I never could figure out.

I started out at 235 pounds as a 22 in denial. In other words, I was still stuffing myself into 20's that did not fit.

I am now a size 6 at 145 pounds.
  • When I started my 24s were getting tight. Now I'm 18 bottoms and 16 tops. I am just starting to fit into some things in straight size places like Eileen Fisher.
  • At one point, I was wearing size 20WP jeans. I just tried on a few pairs in my closet; how weird is this! I wear a size 16P Lee jeans; 14P Calvin Klein; 12P Liz Claiborne, and 8P Alfred Dunner. You really cannot go by jeans size!
  • I was outgrowing my 20's when I decided to lose weight. Now I'm in a 16 in most things, sometimes 16 is too small, sometimes it's too big...depends on the store I find. I'm amazed that I am fitting into larges at Old Navy that do not even have lycra in them! Wow. I am hoping to be a size 10 when all is said and done.
  • I was an 18/20 in tops and probably a 22 in bottoms (which I refused to buy) when I started. My bras were a 42DD. Now I am down to mostly medium tops and dresses, with the occasional large and mostly 12 or 14 pants. I just got measured for bras since my current ones are getting baggy, and was told I am down to a 34D. Can't wait to see where this last 40ish pounds will take me!
  • At my highest I was starting to buy size 24. I am now 18w
  • At 243 I was in 18/20Ws and 40DD.

Now at 183.5 I can fit into size 12 Old Navy Jeans, and depending on the dress I am a 12 or 14. The chest area is the part that makes me go up a size...now I am a 36DDD! Its like my torso shrunk to reveal more boob. Sigh!