how's this for an NSV?

• today i went over to my parents house, so i could try on my wedding dress. i haven't put this dress on since september, when i was bouncing between 280 and 290 -mostly closer to 290- like crazy (diet for a week, binge all weekend, rinse, repeat).

when we bought the dress, it fit, but it was a struggle. that zipper did not want to go up. but once it did? amazing. we knew it was THE ONE. my concern was the length, didn't even think about putting on 15lbs and making it not fit.

well today when i put it on, the zipper went right up, no struggles and i could breathe (for the most part). WOO! hopefully once it's time to march down the aisle i'll have lost a few more pounds and it won't feel as tight around the empire waist.

it might not seem like much, but i am so freakin stoked!

oh, and p.s. they had chicken pot pies for dinner. so yummy. but i had dinner before i went over, and instead of eating one with them anyway, i opted for a fiber bar while they ate.
  • Nice! (and way to go on not giving in to the call of the pot pies...)
  • WOO HOO!! Awesome!!
  • That's wonderful! I am sure that you will be VERY comfortable in your dress!
    Good job resisting pot pies, it's so hard to do sometimes.
  • When is the wedding? How exciting, what a great feeling!
  • thanks folks

the wedding is in a little over six weeks. may 21st.
  • Awesome!
  • That is a hugely awesome NSV. Resisting the potpies is a pretty good NSV in itself! for both.
  • That is great!
  • WOOOOO! Good job Mandy!!
  • What a wonderful NSV!
  • this is exactly why i am so glad i found this forum. <3

most people would be like "um, so what?" you guys get it and that makes all the difference. thank you!
  • Awesome news! Keep up the good work!
  • Amazing job! There's nothing better than hearing one solid zzzzziiiiipppp as you try that pretty dress. Excellent job passing on the pot pies too, those are tasty temptations.