I am worth it even when I don't feel like it

• I am, and I know I am worth it but sometimes like right now, I just don't feel worth it. I don't even feel like my feelings of sadness are worth feeling, like my feelings aren't validated.

I'm not in any danger of eating something stupid or bingeing on anything right now, I'm not even hungry. I just had a disappointing conversation with my husband and I'm very sad and upset by it. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world and no one else feels the same way I do. This has somewhat to do with being over weight but it's mostly just life and my marriage in general.
  • I am so sorry that you're feeling down. Your feelings, thoughts and emotions are worth it, and are valid. I am sorry that you don't see that, but take a step back and think about what you would say to a person who said that; of course your feelings matter. I would also bet that others feel the way you do too. You're a valid individual.

• I feel like that too sometimes. Actually I've been struggling with depression the past couple of weeks. You are worth it and only you can change your life. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Stacy

245/229/160
  • You're worth it. I know how you feel. It's hard sometimes. I hope you feel better soon.
  • I'm feeling somewhat better today. We're going to grill burgers today, my husband asked me if I'd like to ride our bikes to the grocery store to get the buns. It's only about a mile from our house but it's a very hilly mile. I'm a bit nervous and unsure if it's something I can achieve or not. We just got these bikes so I'm not used to riding, I actually have not ventured off our street yet so I'm anxious to see how this goes. I can only try my best!
  • good luck with your bike ride! seems like a very cute date to go bike riding with your husband to make burgers
    hope you feel better soon!
    does your husband know what you are feeling? maybe you can talk to him?
  • Yes, he does know how I feel, I'm not very good at hiding my feelings. This is just difficult for me because it's nothing that can be changed right away, or even in the next couple of weeks. It's an ongoing issue and it just might not be able to be changed at all. But we've promised to try to take things one day at a time and have honesty, open mindedness and willingness.

I didn't think of it being a date. We've been together/married for 15 years and really don't call it "dating" anymore. Maybe I can have a greater appreciation of it if I consider the things he asks me, a date. Quite honestly, I wasn't looking forward to the bike ride because I fear falling, wrecking, or just looking like a dingbat riding a bike. I'm not good at it and I'm not in shape at all, I just started exercising a couple weeks ago. But, I did it! I rode most all the way there & back. I had to walk 2 of the steepest hills, but I did do it!