3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Proud! - and a little annoyed! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/229617-proud-little-annoyed.html)

kallismom 04-02-2011 12:22 PM

Proud! - and a little annoyed!

Ever since I started this journey the most difficult thing for me has been staying on plan around others that are indulging. Unfortunately, I don't usually leave my house prepared for an unexpectedly long car ride - which will change after today.

So the fam and I go run errands this morning and we end up out for about an hour longer than anticipated. When we are almost home hunger took hold of the fam and we roll through the ever lovely Bojangles drive thru (gotta have more). The fam proceeds to order the usual greasy, heavy offerings. Although I was very tempted, I resisted the urge to order the MSG on a biscuit with a side of trans fat laden potatoes.

I went home and made a cup of cereal with an entire cup of blueberries, and 1/2 a cup of milk. My breakfast had 292 calories. Theirs had 1452!!!!!! I came home and looked everything up.

My hope is that if I resist long enough it will get alot easier, and my kids and husband will also come around and WANT to eat healthy. They do eat healthy for the most part when we are at home, but I want that to carry on outside of the house.

From now on I am not leaving the house without nuts and a piece of fruit.

fatferretfanatic 04-02-2011 12:31 PM

You're doing great! I struggle with the same thing-nobody else that lives here is on a diet-so, things go crazy with them on the food front. Kudos for not giving in. Soon enough, the pang of annoyance will pass and you'll be slightly less tempted every day. ^_^

purplecrush 04-05-2011 12:50 PM

Good job for resisting the urge of fast food! Its hard when your the only one eating healthy...I KNOW!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself!!!!!

xty 04-05-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kallismom (Post 3788065)
I resisted the urge to order the MSG on a biscuit with a side of trans fat laden potatoes.

this had me loling! and a high 5 to you, that was a serious exhibition of willpower. excellent job.

totally agree on the always carry snacks mantra. they can be a life saver.

cajun moma 04-05-2011 03:04 PM

I'm in the car a couple hours a day transporting kids to their MANY activities and school so I have had to try to plan ahead with snacks too. Its been saving me calories and a good bit of money. :)

Goddess Jessica 04-05-2011 03:07 PM

I keep B*tch Bars in my car (our name for protein/nut bars) in the glove compartment. My Cute Boyfriend tends to get a weeee bit cranky when he's hungry and he will want me to stop at a drive-thru "for a snack" which I flat out refuse. I just hand him a bar and say, "Quit your b*tchin."

MiZTaCCen 04-05-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica (Post 3792852)
I keep B*tch Bars in my car (our name for protein/nut bars) in the glove compartment. My Cute Boyfriend tends to get a weeee bit cranky when he's hungry and he will want me to stop at a drive-thru "for a snack" which I flat out refuse. I just hand him a bar and say, "Quit your b*tchin."

omg I love that! I should have some b!tch bars in my car!

stacygee 04-05-2011 03:21 PM

That is so great that you did resist! Kudos to you!

I keep protein bars in my purse in case of emergency!

milmin2043 04-05-2011 06:04 PM

I do the same. Keep protein bars available wherever you are. It's much easier to resist temptation when you have a back-up.

kallismom 04-05-2011 06:04 PM

Thanks EVERYBODY!

Quote:

I keep B*tch Bars in my car
Love this! I am definitely going to be getting a stash of Lara bars for my purse, car, hub's car etc.

jitterfish 04-05-2011 08:58 PM

I carry snacks for my daughter but never thought to be carrying them around for me. I think everyone is going to start having B*itch bar stashes now ;)

krampus 04-06-2011 02:10 AM

You showed strength in the face of temptation (or maybe you weren't so tempted given your rundown of the breakfast sandwich ingredients!), if only all of us could do that all of the time!

Snacks are a lifesaver as long as you don't eat them and then proceed to eat whatever else is offered too!