3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Treats you want to give yourself when you make your goal? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/229607-treats-you-want-give-yourself-when-you-make-your-goal.html)

MelissaMartiinson1 04-02-2011 09:58 AM

Treats you want to give yourself when you make your goal?

I am just curious what are some things you will be rewarding yourself when you make you final goal. For me I can not wait to get some cute fashionable close in "normal" size clothes which can be twice as cheap and cute! Also I can not wait to have pretty matching bras and underware. Currently I am not able to find any bras that are pretty AND supportive in my size. AND we are planning to take a family trip to DisneyWorld when I get there. I think it will be just as much fun for me and my kids. :easter3:

Runundefined 04-02-2011 10:39 AM

I want to go on a Mediteranian cruise when I reach final goal. It's a dream I have always had, it's expensive so it's good that I will have at least a year (or two!?) to save.

For making my first big goal of getting to Onederland my DH has said he will take me to the Fontainebleau in Miami (we live in Orlando).. I have always wanted to stay there and walk all over that huge resort!

When you get ready to come to The Magic Kingdom let me know and I will give you lots of local tips! (we live 3 miles from the main gate)...

I also think rewards on the way down are VERY important.. even if it's just a good book. My next reward is at 213 and I am thinking maybe a body wrap or something indulgent that is NOT related to food!

pochamma10 04-02-2011 10:47 AM

I want to do laser hair removal (underarms, legs, and bikini line) when I reach my goal! I know it's a bit funny - why am I putting myself through pain as a reward?! But I think the reward of not having to shave all the time will be completely amazing!

supergir111 04-02-2011 10:54 AM

Lots of clothes and shoes lol and a new slr cam

hippy27 04-02-2011 11:03 AM

self acceptance.

lottie63 04-02-2011 11:49 AM

Custom made jeans.

A cruise to the bahamas. :D

Trazey34 04-02-2011 12:03 PM

I'm not much of a fan of "i get a reward when...xyz" which is what got me fat in the first place i'm sure ;) LOL I hate waiting! And rewarding myself for losing weight that I packed on in the first place always seemed a bit counterintuitive to me, I made do with some 'way to go's"...... UNTIL i realized that along with weight loss on your body, your feet get smaller! not shorter of course, but less swollen and puffy and fred flintstone-like

I went insane on the shoes :) I freely admit it. I have a problem ;)

QuilterInVA 04-02-2011 12:11 PM

Did you penalize yourself when you gained weight? Good health is enough of a reward for me.

DixC Chix 04-02-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA (Post 3788055)
Did you penalize yourself when you gained weight? Good health is enough of a reward for me.

Yes. Yes I did.

KatMarie 04-02-2011 12:58 PM

Hubby is getting me a jetted bathtub when I reach goal...can't wait!
I'm gonna treat myself to a whole new wardrobe, of course. Right now I'm just wearing the cheapest clothes I can get at places like Walmart or Goodwill. Don't want to waste money on clothes I won't wear for long right now.

GirlyGirlSebas 04-02-2011 01:06 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a special thing/occasion when you reach goal. If it keeps one motivated, good for them! But, I do agree that we need to treat ourselves nicely along the way.

I do plan on pampering myself. I love my pedicures. I want my first massage. I will also be buying 1 special bead for every 10 pounds I lose and creating a lovely charm bracelet for myself. But, my ultimate goal gift to myself? I want Lasik eye surgery. No more glasses or contacts for this gal!

Eliana 04-02-2011 01:28 PM

Expensive, high quality clothes. I intend to get a good base wardrobe at the thrift store and start building it up with brand new pretty things that are quality purchases. I'm sick to death of cheap duds.

Fit4Lyfe 04-02-2011 01:40 PM

Same as everyone else: new clothes, new shoes (although my feet are surprisingly bony already, hereditary, so I don't think they will get any smaller) but I have smaller goals and smaller rewards along the way: mani/pedi, facials, new hairdo, etc.

My big goal date is July 2012 when my family goes on their bi-annual cruise to the Caribbean, so I want to be at goal by then

love02 04-02-2011 03:39 PM

I have not set a reward for my final goal but i do have one for my next mini goal. a new pair of yoga pants! They are gray and pink, I cant wait! only 4 more pounds till they are mine =)

SweetScrumptious 04-02-2011 04:52 PM

I have a bunch of rewards planned for minigoals - 10 lbs loss each time. A huge big tattoo piece would be my final reward... there's a bunch of expensive clothing I want but feel like I can't wear at this weight, and I want to get into horse riding lessons (I'm embarrassed sitting on a horse - all your weight gets scrunched up so thought I would make it a minigoal as it's something I really really want to get into).... and some fun ones planned like massages, manis/pedis, etc...