Old 04-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #151  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Morning my lovelies
Down 0.2 for 167.9- could we go any slower !!
Aimee- my one year on this journey comes up April 9th. I find it so hard to believe as it's gone so fast.
Had a bit of a row with my brother last night. He must have snooped on my computer to find my stats as he kept quoting my goal and my start weights. Plus he told me that no one gave a sh*t about my weight loss and that of course no-one could understand because no-one needed to lose as much as I have not sure I can cope with that one. Got to go now, but be back later for a full examination of how I feel about being called a freak !!!!!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #152  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

April 1:276.2 lb
2 274.2 lb
3 274.2 lb
4 271.8 lb

As you can see I have had a couple of good days. I log all of my food on the computer which also means the breakdown of all the macronutrients so I also know how much sodium I eat each day. I have noticed that when I can keep it under 2400 mg I see some weight go down. I still think there is another 1-2 lb of "sodium-induced" water weight left before I am back to really seeing a slower weight lose.

I am so glad that I decided against going out to eat at my favorite Chinese restaurant. Instead, I put the money that would have been spent on that towards more groceries. I awoke early this am because I was hungry and empty. I am sure I will go through this for a few more days before my body adjusts and adapts.

I had such a horrible February and March that I am really hoping that this month will turn it around for me. Here's crossing everything that I can!

Star--I'm sorry you don't have the support of your brother but contrary to what he thinks, we do care about your weight lose journey and we think what you have done is awesome. Brothers are stupid anyway!

Bullet - I have to hunker down and study for my exams too. I am so nervous about passing them. I have to get 90% or better to get the certification I need. All for a piece of paper.

Girly did you find slicing a turnip to be hard? I seem to remember them being really difficult to cut like fresh sweet potatoes.

new people!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #153  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning

I will be closing out my monthly books this week. I may not have a lot of time for personals, but I will be reading about your successes!

Calories for yesterday: 1415 + Morning Joe

Weigh In: 151.8 (TTOM)

Down: 1.2 pounds

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-04-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #154  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Well Good Morning Everyone,

I'm down 0.2 but I weighed earlier than usual, so I'm good with that 176.6. I finally got the treadmill from my neighbor last evening so I can one day (hopefully soon) attempt C25K. . I go to Curves today for two Zumba classes (about 35 minutes each) which includes doing the circuit also.

Didn't see the comment about Zumba but I'll add my 2cents . I've been doing it for about 2 months now and it still is not easy for me and the sad thing is the lady that teaches it is not nearly as hard as two classes I've taken with other instructors. So for me it's all about fun and getting that cardio in. Not to mention I'm no dancer so I'm sure I look quite funny to many people when doing the moves, but again I have fun.

FitGirly, I'm trying to get back to the track with my girls. I don't run or jog YET! You go GIRL Good job on the inches also

Ona Thank You I'm compiling recipes to get me through phase one. I made some unbelievable mini quiches... gonna try Mock pancakes. I really need to figure out how to stay full, so I'm not hungry late evening.

Kallismom good job on the 1.4lbs gone

Hi reptogirl

Heavy Nerd feel better

Starbrite, it's amazing to me how family can be the ones to offer no support. But again I just chalk it up to jealousy of some sort. We care how you're doing and you know that there are people of all shapes and sizes. He is just naive. I know it's easier said than done because I got some really interesting comments from my Mom and family when I started and she still hasn't said anything positive but oh well life goes on. I won't let her or anyone else get me down. I can do that on my own with BAD choices ... and then I come here for YOUR and everyone else support and inspiration. BIG BIG to you ... and Great Job on your 0.2 today, that's what I did also

Pamatga, I noticed the same thing about my sodium, which had been rare on most days. I'm gonna log my meals for the last 2 days on SBD and see what the come to. Great job on the 2.4lbs. GONE

Diana Great Job on the 1.2lbs GONE

Well off to start the rest of my morning ... Hope everyone has a Positively On Point day.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #155  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

good Morning everyone!

Down.4 to 195.4..busy day again had to get up at 5am in order to get my jog in but feeling good. I'm learning( feel more at ease)cause I'm realizing that i can rest all day on Sunday and still hold my weight in check.This is huge for me cause for a year I've been stressing (to scared to stop) that if i don't exercise it will effect my weight lost.Now I see that i can still lose and have a rest day.

Last edited by OnaMi; 04-04-2011 at 08:50 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #156  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Love,you should never been hungry on the SB plan.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

The scale was not my friend today... I saw everything from 198.3 to 199.9, everything in between and never the same number twice I'm okay without it though. Yesterday was the first weight lifting session I had with my wrist, it's still a bit tender, but I wanted to test it out so I only used 5 and 10 lb weights. Even that, after 2 months of not weight lifting felt great and this morning when I got out of bed, I felt heavy so I know I must be retaining some water. So today is two things for me, it's the start of my work fit for life challenge, yay, but it's also the start of a week of religious fasting (no I'm not fasting the entire week, but I am fasting each day of the week, which means I'm only eating one meal during the evening). However, there exceptions which allow me to eat fruits and nuts during the day (as long as I'm not stuffing myself with these) so I'm going to make sure I'm still getting something every few hours, going to make sure I still get my water in and then I'm going to do mini workouts after I break my fast in the evening, so I'm not running on fumes. I've got a plan, so I'll make it work! And if it doesn't, well my faith is important to me, so I can always pick it up again next week. But it will work!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #158  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

For april my goals are to get back on the ball with working out and counting calories. Tax season is almost over and school is winding down I want to get below 215

1: 222.4
2: 221.2
3:
4: 221.0
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning,

Quick check-in before work. Scale said 223.5 and then 224 and then 223.9...wii said 224.5. Ugh. Really I am at a loss. I am so frustrated. I am waiting to see a big loss one of these days. Just waiting. My patience is wearing thin though. I hope everyone has a great day!
BeTrueToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Default Personals :)

Ona sounds like you're gaining some confidence in yourself! Great job on your 0.4

Rennie sorry to hear about the diabetes! It runs in my family, so it's always something I've been scared of as well Glad you got the treadmill, it's so great to have something like that at home, I'm loving my elliptical.

Diana don't you just love month ends! great job on your 1.2 down.

pamatga you're doing great! Tracking what you eat and noticing where you gain and lose really helps you make better decisions for the future.

star I'm not impressed with your brother! You're going to hit your dress goal, buy a fabulous dress, go to that wedding and everyone's going to swoon when they see you!

Heavy Welcome to the thread! This is a great place to be.

reptogirl glad you had a great weekend. Just jump right back on track and you'll be fine!

Kallis yard work can be a major workout.

Sebas I've never been a fan of turnips, but I may have to try that! Let me also add that I love the bracelet idea!

Aimee as horrible as it sounds, I gave up on 30DS on the third or fourth day. I need variety and I could not stand doing the same thing over and over again, it's the thing that kills me. Right now, I'm back to just basic lifting and cardio, but once the wrist fully heals I think I'll go back to New Rules of Lifting for Women, I really enjoyed the challenge with that. I'm also contemplating getting Zumba for my Wii.

to anyone I missed. Have a great day everyone!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #161  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am down 1.6 of my gain to 182. Hopefully I will be back down to my 181 soon and I can fight my way into the 170s. I've decided that I am going to work up to a run/walk marathon around the track. That would be just slightly more than 94 laps in lane 8. I did 20 on Saturday. I'm not sure how long it will take me to work up to the 94, but that's my plan. Right now my speed when I am running some and walking some averages out to about 3.7mph. It would take me a little over 7 hours to complete a marathon at the speed. I figure my speed will increase as I am working on building up my number of laps though. Hubby thinks it's great, but my BFF thinks I'm insane. Am I insane? Ok, time for weights and zumba.

Starbrite - I am sorry that your brother is being such a twerp. We care! And there are many people who have had to lose as much and much more than you. You know that and you know he's full of it. Try not to let him get to you too much. I know that can be difficult with family, I have 4 brothers (one is a real jerk).

Happy Monday everyone!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #162  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Thanks everyone for the support re my brother. I know now that this is an area not for discussion again with either of them - I think it's jealousy, pure and simple! Oh well KBO !!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #163  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!!!!

Well the scale is at it again...I'm back up to 201.8. I'm not stressed out though. I had an AMAZING weekend. Went to a hockey game and then hung out with a friend. Had a great time. I noticed that it's difficult for me to eat on the weekend because I am too busy "doing". LOL That just feels silly to say! LOL Anywho, I made the best choices I could and accounted for everything I ate. Even with my estimations, I was within my calories. I feel good about every decision because I thought long and hard about them all. I know it's mostly water because I didn't eat clean by any stretch of the imagination. So I've got some good, quality calories packed to eat today and I am certain that my body will be thanking me for it within the next couple of days.

Back to the gym today after work. I am so excited. I am going for an elliptical workout today. My hip is still sore so I am going for a resistance workout today and definitely not speed.

I've got a lot of reading to do from the weekend, so you'll all forgive me if I pick up my personals today.

BBL!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

@starbrite
Congrats on the .2!! And oh wow your brother said that!? I think you need to give him a good kick!

@pamatga
Good idea not to go to chinese, I did 2months ago ate way to much(ate only sea food) and gained a couple pounds which took a couple days to get rid of, if you go just watch what you eat!!!

@Diana3271
Congrats on the 1.2!!!

@love2b150
Congrats on the .2! And Wooo!! for the treadmill!!

@OnaMi
Congrats on the .4!! And awesome out can still lose with a rest day!!

@Kukkie84
Happy to hear your wrist is getting better

@BeTrueToYou
Do you know if they wii gets the weight right?

@FitGirlyGirl
Its always a battle getting into the new numbers!! 94 laps o.o! thats crazy and 20 laps around is amazing!

@Vixsin
Sounds like you had fun im sure the weight will come off soon! Ellipticals are amazing workouts!!!

Was up, went back to sleep, and down now at 271.2 which im happy about since I didnt exercise at all yesterday! I started yesterday this bread challenge, no bread this week or maybe this month! Going to be hard for me because I ate wheat bread with a lot of things.

I have a final today and tomorrow then after that will be on vacation for a week! Hoping to get a camera Wednesday from staples maybe and go walking around taking pictures, its been so long since I had a camera I like. I cant wait to walk around taking pictures!!!

Last edited by Bulletproof Heart; 04-04-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Bulletproof Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #165  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Good morning! I'm down 1 of the 4lbs I've gained in the last few days, so I'll work hard on the others today. Had a great 'phase 1' breakfast this morning and I have chicken all precooked to add to a salad for lunch as well. I'm aiming for a big whoosh tomorrow with super-clean eating and with TOM on the way out again.

I'm behind from yesterday, so forgive me and please remind me if I miss anything specifically.

Ona -- Congrats on your .4! I'm sure you'll be rewarded one day for all the kindness and loving attention you give to your mother. Sometimes when I read the nice things you do for her, or your aunt, it reminds me to be kinder and gentler with my own mom. How do you make the cauliflower pizza crust?

Bulletproof -- 2 hours on the elliptical? Good lord I wish I had your energy!

Rennie -- I'm sorry to hear about the diabetes diagnosis. I hope it will give you even more fire power to eat right and exercise so that you can control it that way rather than with medication. I like to eat my meat sauce or tomato sauce and meatballs with spaghetti squash, it's not the same as pasta, but it's pretty yummy.

Rhonda -- I'm intrigued by your turnip fries. Sometimes I find turnip too bitter, so it's interesting that you mentioned they get kind of sweet. I might try grillng some and see how that turns out. I have a pandora bracelet that's about 1/2 full, so you just helped me figure out how to start filling up that other half!

Elaine -- What's the Mediterranean diet all about? Congrats on your losses so far! I like your underwear

Roxy -- Good job on the run yesterday! It's not easy for me either, I run very slowly, but at least it's happening. I'm amazed at your calorie burn yesterday! Is that including your basic burn + exercise, or just exercise? Congratulations on your 1.6 loss today!

Kallismom -- Congrats on your 1.4 yesterday!

Heavynerd -- Congrats on your weigh in! Hope the chiro can work out the kinks for you.

Starbrite -- It's too bad when people in our lives with opportunities to support choose not to do so. It's his problem, not yours, try not to let it get to you. Maybe he has areas in his life that he wishes he could have as much success in as you have had in this. Sometimes when someone sees you taking control and succeeding it might feel to them as though it's highlighting what they haven't done.

Pam -- Good job on the whoosh! I think journaling all your food is a great plan to learn what works for your body.

Diana -- Congratulations on your whoosh!

Kukkie -- Sounds like a good plan, I think it will help more than hurt. Good that you can have some fruit and nuts when you need them. Can I ask what the occasion is called? I'm always curious about other observances..I practice a mixed bag myself.

Matilda -- HOpe things settle down for you soon.

Vixsin -- Sorry about the gain, you'll have that gone in no time.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote