Sizes and stats

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I'm interested in hearing everyone's stats. Sometimes I notice another poster mention their size and I think "hey, I weigh more than her, but I'm wearing a size smaller", which makes me wonder if I'm wearing my clothes too tight, but then there are other things to take into consideration...so if you're interested, please join in:

Me:

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 216.6
    Shape: Apple
    Size: 14-16 bottoms and 16 tops
  • Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 211
    Shape: Apple
    Size: 18-20 pants, 1X tops

My weight is very concentrated in my stomach, so that's kept me in larger sizes than people with similar weights.
  • Height: Technically, I'm 5'7.75...but, I usually just say 5'8.
    Weight: 238.
    Shape: Pear.
    Size: 20-24 in pants, depending on the brand, and XL or 1X in tops.
  • There was an amazingly LONG post like this on the weight loss board.

Height- Almost 5'8
    Weight- 165
    Shape- HourGlass
    Age- 32
    Pants- 10-12
    Shirts-Medium
  • I'm the same height as you and was also in that pant size at that weight. Here are my current stats:

Height- 5'6
    Weight- 192
    Shape- Somewhere between Banana and Hourglass
    Age- 29
    Pants- 10-14 (I live abroad and I'm almost into a size 42 locally, which is sometimes translated as a US size 10 or a US size 12, probably closer to a 10)
    Shirts- M-XL (I don't actually own any M's yet but I have L's that are way too big, again it really depends on the brand)

My weight is pretty evenly distributed so I think I tend to be in a smaller size than someone who's an apple/pear shape (at least from seeing similar threads on here), except for my bra size.

I can relate to the worry about wearing clothes too tight. I really don't feel that's the case (especially since it's hard for my pants to stay up half the time and my shirts are all too low too!). But just imagine if someone at the same weight/height carries more weight in their middle vs. their extremities (as in their stomach vs. calfs/arms) than the one with more weight in the middle will have to buy larger clothes than the one with weight in the arms/calves.
  • Height- 5'2
    Weight- 163
    Shape- Pear
    Age- 28
    Pants- 12-14 (Skirts 8-12)
    Shirts- M, occasionally L
  • I'm very short....unfortunately. I'm an hourglass shape. However, in recent years, I have put on weight in my waist...plus, my thighs have ALWAYS been where I carried weight. So, my torso is always smaller than below my waist.

Height- 5'3
    Weight- 256
    Shape- Hourglass
    Age- 32
    Pants- Pants 18 (jeans)-20 (dress pants) (skirts 16-18)
    Shirts- XL (size 16-18 suit jackets)---size 14 from Lane Bryant.
  • Ht: 5'9"
    Wt: 213
    Shape: hourglass
    Pants: somewhere between 16W and 18 regular
    Shirts: 1X
  • Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 222
    Shape: Pear/Triangle
    Pants: 18-20
    Tops: L-XL/1X

My belly, hips, and thighs carry most of my weight. Pants that fit snug in the hips are often huge in the legs. My upper body is generally 1-2 sizes smaller than lower body.
  • Ht: 5'8.5"
    Wt: 250
    Shape: hourglass/pear (defined Waist and proportional but carry most weight in my lower belly/hips)
    Pants: Usually a 18 fits best, depending on the brand I can go anywhere from 16-20.
    Shirts: XL from standard stores is my norm

At my smallest (~190 lbs) I was a juniors 13 and still carried my weight fairly the same, I would love to get back down to a similar size again
  • Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 198
    Shape: Hourglass
    Pants: 16
    Shirts: L or XL
  • Height- 5'7''
    Weight-224lbs
    Shape-Others say hourglass, I say apple because I hate my lower belly.
    Age-23
    Pants-18, though they are loose enough to be a 16.
    Shirts-L-XL
  • Height- 5'8''
    Weight-165lbs
    Shape-PEAR
    Age-38
    Pants-10 or 12
    Shirts-M or L
  • Height - 5'2"
    Weight - 181 lbs
    Shape - Rectangle (though with recent changes there may be an hour glass coming out of it's box)
    Age-33
    Pants - Mostly 12s (I know that in the mid to low 170s is where I switch to mostly 10s)
    Shirts - M or L (L or XL if it buttons and doesn't stretch, dern boobies)
  • Height- 5'5
    Weight- 158
    Shape- Hour Glass
    Age- 34
    Pants- 8 mostly some 10's depending on cut and brand
    Shirts-Medium usually sometimes Large because of the boobage factor