3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I think my "hunger center" is broken. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/228977-i-think-my-hunger-center-broken.html)

Joszac 03-26-2011 08:14 PM

I think my "hunger center" is broken.

For lack of a better word I call it my hunger center, lol.

Since I started this journey I have eaten so much less than before but one thing I notice is I don't feel hungry. I will start feeling shaky and my head will feel a little off and I know I need to eat something but I never feel hungry. Can you over eat for so long that your body forgets how to tell you it's hungry (other than the other sensations i described above)?

sept15lija 03-26-2011 09:12 PM

You know, I have the same problem. I very rarely get hungry now. I know I need to eat when, like you mentioned, I feel shaky or else I get VERY moody. I really believe my ability to understand what my body is telling me is broken. I don't know if it will ever work again, which is why I plan to count calories forever - it would not work for me to eat intuitively.

Trazey34 03-26-2011 09:20 PM

hmmm I had the opposite - now i get hungry... I never GOT hungry when I was fat because I constantly shoved stuff in and was terrified to ever miss a meal (that's right, i was a bit afraid to miss a meal, like i'd die or something lol) But now when i wake up in the morning i'm darn ready to eat breakkie, and when lunch rolls around i know it's time ...not starving or anything but definite pangs in the tummy.

And miracle of miracles, a hunger pang does NOT equal instant death to me LOL took me long enough to figure that on geeez

konfyoozed 03-26-2011 09:25 PM

psychological thing maybe?

i feel hungry when the times roll around still, but i've noticed that after just a couple weeks i get full off of meals half the size i'm used to.

lottie63 03-26-2011 09:38 PM

I get dizzy or headaches or cranky. My stomach does growl now, it didn't really before cuz I was feeding it all the time.

But, when I do get hungry, I know my body is saying EAT, but I seem confused at times, like, why am I hungry? I don't need to eat yet. I eat enough (14-1600 cals) but hunger used to freak me out, I'd be REALLY angry if I was hungry for like 5 mins when I first started watching, but now I can stay hungry for a long time and not pay it any mind. It's usually cuz I did something like not eat a nutrtionally dense type food, instead just a high calorie food. Like toast for breakfast, that is almost always a mistake.

twinmommaplusone 03-27-2011 12:59 AM

I'm just starting to growl to show that I'm hungry. But 90% of the time (if I let myself get there) I will only show signs of sickness. I get nausea hardcore when I'm hungry. Just try to eat more often to compensate.

WannabeNurse 03-27-2011 02:51 AM

Trazey- omgosh, I can really identify with your post!! I'd get panicky, too, when I got hungry!! I realized that I was overeating CONSTANTLY because I was afraid of feeling hungry- I couldn't stand the discomfort. It sounds crazy to some people, but it's true!! I'm ok with it now. It took a few weeks of training to teach myself to deal and get over it, and I still have to be aware of how I feel before and after (20 minutes) I eat, every time I eat. Hopefully it will become natural over time :-)

KatMarie 03-27-2011 10:25 AM

I don't get hungry anymore either. I do get kind of nauseated if I go without eating for too long when I get busy...but no hunger pains or growling. Not much of an appetite at all actually.